[Resurrected] Opinion on the Manly “clockoff”

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bumped an old thread. Most of this was written 2 years ago but could have been written every week since week 10 this year

Few good results last season masked the underbelly of this team
Essentially the same issues. I think the squad needs a major overhaul. Maybe a purge wont be enough.

Nothing changed really
Yep nothing has changed and it comes from fitness and leadership we sadly lack both. During the successful era for Des he had strong on field leaders. Guys like Kite, King, Choc, Foz, Gift, Snake, Lyon, Matai. These were all strong willed competitors. Now we have none. Weak leadership combined with poor fitness and this is the result.
DCE just doesn't cut it. He commands no respect, he's not someone who digs in and takes on the hard yards. Last year we had AFB, Marty, Thommo and Jake leading the way. This year AFB wasn't there at all after early rounds, Thommo was injured and ineffective, Jake has had a shocker. Until some hard head winner personalities are found and our fitness levels change we will be also rans.

The referees and linesmen have it in for us. How often do I hear the refs yelling immediately at our players to get off the tackled player and call set restart time and time again, yet they allow the opposition to lay all over us for an eternity. Then add to that stupid mistakes and a lack of discipline and no wonder we get gassed playing without the football. Yesterday everybody dropped their heads when DCE inexplicability got into Funa's way and gifted them their first try. It was an avalanche from that point onwards. Then shortly after Marty was one meter in front of the ball at the kick off (You can't tell me that wasn't on the referees spot sheet and highlights how closely the referees choose to look at us). From that point onwards our defense became feeble and we lost enthusiasm and energy and it became a carve up out wide. A common script for us this year.

Yep nothing has changed and it comes from fitness and leadership we sadly lack both. During the successful era for Des he had strong on field leaders. Guys like Kite, King, Choc, Foz, Gift, Snake, Lyon, Matai. These were all strong willed competitors. Now we have none. Weak leadership combined with poor fitness and this is the result.
DCE just doesn't cut it. He commands no respect, he's not someone who digs in and takes on the hard yards. Last year we had AFB, Marty, Thommo and Jake leading the way. This year AFB wasn't there at all after early rounds, Thommo was injured and ineffective, Jake has had a shocker. Until some hard head winner personalities are found and our fitness levels change we will be also rans.
DCE doesn’t dig in & take the hard yards?????? Marty doesn’t either???? WOW I must be watching someone else then.

Among the principal modern industries are paper-making, carried on on the banks of the Darent, Medway, Cray and neighbouring streams; engineering, chemical and other works along the Thames; manufactures of bricks, tiles, pottery and cement, especially by the lower Medway and the Swale.

The core of this squad was here under the wet lettuce barrett years and I think des can only do so much to make them a consistent, clinical defensive side. Hopefully we cut out some of the weak links because as shown during early this season and in quite a few games last year this side has the potential to be a defensive heavyweight. It is bogged down by a few players lacking resilience and not enough cool-headed players. Young backline doesn't help but that's just something that comes along with promoting your young players. Good news is that they all have a big off season ahead to restore some confidence and hopefully, patience. Panicked too many times this year, you could see our confidence nosedive (and not stop) ever since our attack lost points when trbo was injured, then we started leaking more points with Garrick at the back and a constantly reshuffled backline. 2020 was a nightmare, but we need some more cool headed, resilient players and mentors to make sure 2021 is not. That's why I like the foran signing, he is a genuine leader.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6