Open Letter from Storm CEO to their Fans - they really think they get bullied by the media

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Show your purple pride at the game?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

In all honesty mate, do you know what they remind me of?

Brisbane circa early-90s.

Have advantages that most (not all, but most) other NRL clubs can only dream of.....yet they have this "We're so hard done by" attitude.

And how did Brisbane's attitude work out? We all know the answer to that one.....
Dont forget that it was Ribot who cloned them from the Donkeys, they are identical in so many ways, spawned from the coffers of News Filth, Do what they want when they want and no one from the NRL has the guts to deal with them and they cry poor little me when they have enjoyed one team town status, have unlimited TPA's and get the plum fixtures on prime TV. It stinks!! This is how the NRL have spread the game and ignored the fabric!

Dont forget that it was Ribot who cloned them from the Donkeys, they are identical in so many ways, spawned from the coffers of News Filth, Do what they want when they want and no one from the NRL has the guts to deal with them and they cry poor little me when they have enjoyed one team town status, have unlimited TPA's and get the plum fixtures on prime TV. It stinks!! This is how the NRL have spread the game and ignored the fabric!

It shows the lines between it being a sport and being a business have definitely been blurred.

The sad thing is that Ribot played for Manly at one point.

If you want another example as to why the Drizzle are despised outside of Queensland and Victoria, is that last night Bellyflop had a chance is his presser to acknowledge the incredible effort by Canberra who overcame massive adversity to win a season changing game, instead Bellyflop went on about his own players complacency! What trill, I would go on and say that Canberra forced the pace and chased down the points. The message coming out of that game is when a team is allowed to play at pace, the Drizzle come up short. Manly, Easts and Canberra have now exposed that!!

85668FD5-EAE4-4CC1-A4DE-D284DB69A532.jpeg
If you want another example as to why the Drizzle are despised outside of Queensland and Victoria, is that last night Bellyflop had a chance is his presser to acknowledge the incredible effort by Canberra who overcame massive adversity to win a season changing game, instead Bellyflop went on about his own players complacency! What trill, I would go on and say that Canberra forced the pace and chased down the points. The message coming out of that game is when a team is allowed to play at pace, the Drizzle come up short. Manly, Easts and Canberra have now exposed that!!

And therein lies the success of the Drizzle for years.

The refs just allow them to dictate the speed of the game to suit their game plan.

Oh sure credit where credit is due they are masters at the slowing down of the ruck , simply every slow down tactic started with them, the wrestle kings you could call them.

But let’s not forget the refs allow it to happen, and in doing so are complicit with their success.

The No Real Leadership could easily have stamped this bull**** out of the game years ago.

Easy , first instance , penalty , next instance penalty , third instance penalty and sin bin, fourth instance penalty and send off.

You know how long after that this **** would have lasted??

What they’ve introduced makes a large part of the game as boring as watching bat **** dry.

If I was CEO I’d fix it by round 3 2020, following 20 sin bins and 6 send offs and a media **** storm.

But **** it, I wouldn’t be there to make friends.

They have it better in the media than most. Guaranteed not to have any negative opinions of them from Finch or Slater, as a start. And that's before they try to influence journalists.

The real key is them deflecting valid criticism with personal attacks to misdirect the public so that the story is about the personal attack, not the legitimate criticism of the Storm and their... 'interesting' relationship with the NRL.

Like Bellamys criticism of Krilich, as an example.

Note to Scumos - here is the reason you are 'bullied'

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2010-04-22/cheating-storm-stripped-of-premierships/407130

Cheating Storm stripped of premierships

UPDATED FRI 23 APR 2010,

The Melbourne Storm have been stripped of two premierships, three minor premierships and fined a total of $1.6 million for massive breaches of the NRL's salary cap rules.

They have also been stripped of all competition points accumulated this season and will not be playing for points for the remainder of the campaign.

NRL chief executive David Gallop addressed a media conference in Sydney, outlining that an audit had found the Storm had been operating two sets of books to hide breaches from salary cap auditor Ian Schubert.

Additional payments amounted to $1.7 million over five years and $700,000 in 2010.

"They had a long-term system of effectively two sets of books and the elaborate lengths they have gone through to cover this up has been extraordinary," Gallop said.

"The club has furthermore been fined $500,000 and will be forced to return $1.1 million in prize money, with it being distributed evenly among the other 15 clubs."

While the Storm will lose their titles from 2007 and 2009, Gallop said neither losing grand finalists Manly or Parramatta will assume those titles.

He said the Storm would have noted what happened in 2002, when the Bulldogs were stripped of 37 competition points and fined $500,000 for breaching the cap.

"The rules are the rules, everyone in this competition knows them. Particularly after the Bulldogs, they knew the risk they were taking," Gallop said.

"There's no alternative for the NRL in terms of penalties."

When asked whether there would be legal implications for those involved, Gallop replied: "Most certainly."

Storm coach Craig Bellamy said in a statement that he was unaware of the breaches.

"This is an absolute shock to myself, to our football staff, to our players," he said.

"Personally I am heartbroken. But this football club has great character and values. We will not walk away from this challenge.

"We will stick tight together as a group and fight our way back from this."

John Hartigan, chairman and chief executive of club owner News Limited, said the deception had been concealed from his organisation.

News has appointed accounting firm Deloitte to conduct a forensic audit of the club's accounts, stood down two senior staff believed to be involved and hired respected administrator Frank Stanton to move in as caretaker chief executive.

"Today is a regrettable day in the history of the game," Hartigan said.

"I don't think there will be a league fan anywhere who is not outraged by what appears to be a highly orchestrated, deeply deceptive fraud in which there was systematic and deliberate concealment of unlawful payments to certain players over an extended period."

The investigations revealed the Storm maintained a dual-contract system, with the club confirming that side letters promising extra payments were stored in a secret file.

"The breakthrough in the investigation was the discovery by the salary cap auditor (Ian Schubert) of a file in a separate room at the Storm to the room which contained the file with the player's contracts, outlining the payments to the players not disclosed to us," he said.

"It was through this system that they were able to attract and retain some of the biggest names in rugby league.

"The results of their practices on the field speak for themselves."

Gallop said the Storm need to quickly find a way to rectify the situation to have any chance of regaining their status in the league.

"Certainly by the 2011 season they need to be operating within the salary cap and how they do that I'm not sure at this stage," he said
What a glorious day that was, i knew they were cheating

What a glorious day that was, i knew they were cheating

Twas a great 35th birthday present for me to be sure :party:

Still, it angered more than anything knowing that we'd lost the 2007 Grand Final to a cheating team. And unfortunately nothing could be done about setting it right other than stripping the Scum of the title. Awarding Manly the premiership for that year would have been a bit of a hollow victory IMO.

“A careless or reckless tackler would have gone on with it”

You did go on with it Scam. Neither carelessly or recklessly. You tried to pull his bloody head off ffs!

They have it better in the media than most. Guaranteed not to have any negative opinions of them from Finch or Slater, as a start. And that's before they try to influence journalists.

The real key is them deflecting valid criticism with personal attacks to misdirect the public so that the story is about the personal attack, not the legitimate criticism of the Storm and their... 'interesting' relationship with the NRL.

Like Bellamys criticism of Krilich, as an example.

Agree, it's called obfuscation.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8