Only in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The Tits are Queensland's top team and will be even better next year.
If Channel Nein insist on showing "quality television" then it should be the Tits.

Yes, but then watching Manly get their arses spanked every Saturday or Sunday takes the gloss off it. I'd enjoy their misery much more if we weren't in such a poor position ourselves.
We were lucky to beat them... if DCE doesnt take a dive to stop their 4th try at 18-0... and it was an absolute Greg Louganis special... then we dont win that game... we are not so far apart as I would like us to be...

I disagree, I think it is Ch9 fault, they are more likely to refuse a clause like that, more likely inserted a clause ensuring they pick whichever games they want. What is more astounding is from a business perspective not listening to your audience. They must know no one is interested in watching the donkeys every Friday but they persist and must be losing viewers in doing so

Of course they would try to refuse the clause, as they should too.

And to be honest they are listening to their audience by playing the clubs that in general rate the highest

And to be honest they are listening to their audience by playing the clubs that in general rate the highest
They pay a lot of money for the opportunity to make money...

If you're referring to Brisbane as the one of those teams that rates the highest, it's a fallacy, one that Brisbane fans will throw out ad nauseum to justify their continual slot on FTA.

Every year, the highest rated games are simply the best games, the games that people want to watch. Right now, if there was a combo of Penrith/Parra/Roosters/Storm, it would rate through the roof. Why? Because, potentially, it has the makings of the game of the season.

The biggest issue is the fact that Brisbane fans refuse to watch anything other than Brisbane. And therefore, because of that, Channel 9 will continue to show them week after week, because they can sell more advertising space on Brisbane television. If all TV were nationally based, and all ads etc were sold on a national basis so it didn't matter who was playing, they wouldn't get more than 6 games a year on FTA. Because 9 would then have a true interest in giving viewers access to the best games, not the games that provide them with the best revenue. And that's because the best games would provide them with the best revenue.

If you're referring to Brisbane as the one of those teams that rates the highest, it's a fallacy, one that Brisbane fans will throw out ad nauseum to justify their continual slot on FTA.

Every year, the highest rated games are simply the best games, the games that people want to watch. Right now, if there was a combo of Penrith/Parra/Roosters/Storm, it would rate through the roof. Why? Because, potentially, it has the makings of the game of the season.

The biggest issue is the fact that Brisbane fans refuse to watch anything other than Brisbane. And therefore, because of that, Channel 9 will continue to show them week after week, because they can sell more advertising space on Brisbane television. If all TV were nationally based, and all ads etc were sold on a national basis so it didn't matter who was playing, they wouldn't get more than 6 games a year on FTA. Because 9 would then have a true interest in giving viewers access to the best games, not the games that provide them with the best revenue. And that's because the best games would provide them with the best revenue.
Would be good if 9 adopted the channel 7 AFL approach...
Many a time when I was in Qld I would tune in to watch a top-of-the-table clash that was shown on 7 in the southern states only to find that the televised game in Qld was Gold Coast vs Nth Melb or some other sh*t involving GC or the Lions.. GC were a bottom 3 team at the time and Lions were no better...

So let me get this straight ... Brisbane have zero chance of making the Finals, yet in the last 4 weeks of the season we get them on FTA for 3 of those weeks.

Once again Ch.9 confirms that they aren't the "home of rugby league" ... more like they love their SE Qld ratings.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... Ch.7 and the AFL have ALWAYS done it better with their TV coverage.

The NFL uses flex scheduling across multiple broadcasters to make sure the best games to as many people as possible. I think they fix the first 4 weeks of game time. Then they start looking for match of the round match up based on teams in form. They make sure they give ticket holders enough notice and keep all 3 or 4 broadcasters happy.

So let me get this straight ... Brisbane have zero chance of making the Finals, yet in the last 4 weeks of the season we get them on FTA for 3 of those weeks.

Once again Ch.9 confirms that they aren't the "home of rugby league" ... more like they love their SE Qld ratings.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... Ch.7 and the AFL have ALWAYS done it better with their TV coverage.
Not necessarily with the AFL.Obviously this season is not a marker but in previous years,Carlton played more Friday night games than other more successful teams and AFL fans were as outraged about it as NRL fans have become with the Broncos.Not to mention that many games in a round can clash or overlap,unlike in the NRL

Not necessarily with the AFL.Obviously this season is not a marker but in previous years,Carlton played more Friday night games than other more successful teams and AFL fans were as outraged about it as NRL fans have become with the Broncos.Not to mention that many games in a round can clash or overlap,unlike in the NRL

What you have to remember about 7's AFL coverage though is that they actually broadcast each game live into the state or states where the games are being played. They actually cater to the different states. For example, on a Saturday night if there is a game involving two Melbourne teams and a game involving say, Adelaide and West Coast, the live broadcast into SA and WA isn't the Melbourne game and vice versa.

Its not a one size fits all coverage where for example people in Sydney/NSW have to put up with at least one Qld team (usually Brisbane) being on one of 9's FTA games each week.

And 7 don't dictate to the AFL when games are played. The AFL has always set the schedule and 7's job is just to televise it. If a team like Carlton get Friday night games, that's because its when the AFL have scheduled the game, not because 7 wants it played when they will get the best ratings.

What you have to remember about 7's AFL coverage though is that they actually broadcast each game live into the state or states where the games are being played. They actually cater to the different states. For example, on a Saturday night if there is a game involving two Melbourne teams and a game involving say, Adelaide and West Coast, the live broadcast into SA and WA isn't the Melbourne game and vice versa.

Its not a one size fits all coverage where for example people in Sydney/NSW have to put up with at least one Qld team (usually Brisbane) being on one of 9's FTA games each week.

And 7 don't dictate to the AFL when games are played. The AFL has always set the schedule and 7's job is just to televise it. If a team like Carlton get Friday night games, that's because its when the AFL have scheduled the game, not because 7 wants it played when they will get the best ratings.
True but if someone is a fanatical fan of the game and wants to watch every game from start to finish,they can’t due to overlapping games or clashes,unlike the NRL.Which benefits the NRL in selling advertising spots.But no matter who is in charge of the schedule,the NRL or TV,the Broncos are always going to get prime time spots due to their appeal and the fact they’re one team in a capital city,which gives the NRL more sponsorship money

True but if someone is a fanatical fan of the game and wants to watch every game from start to finish,they can’t due to overlapping games or clashes,unlike the NRL.Which benefits the NRL in selling advertising spots.But no matter who is in charge of the schedule,the NRL or TV,the Broncos are always going to get prime time spots due to their appeal and the fact they’re one team in a capital city,which gives the NRL more sponsorship money

As far as television goes mate, its all about ratings. Ratings and money. Always has been, always will be. And unfortunately for NRL fans, because Brisbane rate highly in SE Qld, they get the most prime time (Thursday and Friday night) games.

Unfortunately also, Ch.9 has its staple of ratings favourites such as the Chooks, Souffs, Worms, Dogs, Tigpies, St Merge and occasionally Melbourne. Sometimes it $hits me to tears to constantly see teams such as the Dogs, St Merge and Tigpies getting plumb FTA coverage just because they happen to rate well on TV regardless that they are often in the bottom 8 or even bottom 4. While a team like Manly, never one of the more popular sides outside of our own fans, usually get stuck on Foxtel unless we happen to play one of those ratings sides (and that's dependent on who else is playing. Take today for example. We play Melbourne (2 vs 11), but its on Fox. The Dogs, bottom of the ladder Dogs, play Canberra on 9).

Last edited:
Take today for example. We play Melbourne (2 vs 11), but its on Fox. The Dogs, bottom of the ladder Dogs, play Canberra on 9).

Agree with what you say re the ratings V8 but our game is on 9 today according to my list and Dogs n Fox.
They may have swapped it though.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10