only fit players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
no chance.simple as that unfortunately.and even less if they are out there on crutches.

as for stranger things happening in semi final football i have been following league since 1972 and if a stranger thing has happened in semi final football than manly beating saints this week i cant think of it.

doesnt mean i wont be cheering the boys on.just being realistic and hoping we dont add to our woes with avoidable injuries.

abnc link said:
Wow, no chance hey... i have seen stranger things happen.

Yeah. I recall a cricket Test match in Sydney last year against a team from the sub-Continent which may fall into the 'stranger things have happened' category.

What about Warriors beating Melbourne (8th beating 1st) in 2008. Or Parra beating Dragons (again 8th beating 1st) last year. Two years in a row the 1st placed team has been beaten. Could you imagine the odds you would have been given for that?!

I know it is different due to our injures / suspensions, but don't discount anything...

I'm sure Steven Bradbury had everyone thinking he was no chance. The old saying goes, you have to be in it to win it.

susan link said:
because the whole f....ing team is injured or suspended and a bad injury means no offseason which effects next year and we cannot possibly win the game.

these bloke are back in november this year and you want them fit and raring to go.they dont turn up at lunchtime on March 1st fresh from 10 middies down the Steyne and a bucket of KFC.

Well they should of rested them last as it was a nothing game as it turns out.

I reckon the blokes that are injured will all want to play and do their utmost to get on the field.

I generally agree about playing players that are less than 100% fit, but if we done that in 1978 we would be down a premiership from our cabinet.

I can assure everyone of one thing, there will not be a single player who takes the field on Sunday that wont believe we have a chance, thats for both teams.

After all its footy and the bounce of the ball, an injury and a dodgy decision goes our way who knows we might be able to hang in there for 60 minutes or so.

Its these backs to the wall games that champions are born, win, lose or draw.

abnc link said:
What about Warriors beating Melbourne (8th beating 1st) in 2008. Or Parra beating Dragons (again 8th beating 1st) last year. Two years in a row the 1st placed team has been beaten. Could you imagine the odds you would have been given for that?!

I know it is different due to our injures / suspensions, but don't discount anything...

I don't know about that warriors team,but unlike us,parra last year had a near full team,and came in on a bit of a roll.Still,we'll go with the Bradbury theory.

I love your attitude lads but this nothing like warriors/melbourne,parra/saints.they were two fit A grade sides going at each other full bore.parra had won 11 from 12.

this is the most depleted side in league history with suspensions and long term injuries who have been playing badly leading up to the game anyway(which is mostly due to injury incidently)

i wish i could think like you guys do.i admire it actually.but it simply wont happen and crocks should be rested.anyone who watched choc drag himself around in pain on Sunday and wants him to play has lost it.

The question is Susan, do the players want to play? Ask any first grade player if they would take an pain killer so they can get on the field. I believe the answer would be 99.9% would say yes. And why not. After all, it is a finals match.

The players don't think "Gez we have no chance, so i think i'll rest up for next year". Hell no! If any supporter found out that's the way they felt they would get a hammering on this very forum. We expect the players to turn up to every game with a 100% positive attitude every game whether injured or not.

No matter what the odds, players will always have hope, and so should we.

Choc is a warrior and can hold his head high for his great effort last week.

Gee there are some  short memories here.

Remember Round 26 last year ST George 37 vs Parra 0
9 days later, Parramatta 25 vs St George 12.

There is 2 ways to approach it, positive or negative. For me I choose Positive as that's generally they way I loook at things when times are tough. I am sure this is the way the players and the coach are looking at it as well. We all don't view things the same though and that's OK.

MPC link said:
I'm sure Steven Bradbury had everyone thinking he was no chance. The old saying goes, you have to be in it to win it.

That's not true. Bradbury was actually up with some of the worlds best. He was lucky in that race however to come back from where he was

i am only talking about blokes who are seriously wounded.if they are 95% fit like many players this time of year fine.if they are struggling massively like choc seems to be,then despite their honourable motives,they are not doing anyone a favour.

has it not occurred to anyone that we could not win a must win game at home against the 13th placed side,and that is down mainly to stupid suspensions,injuries  and guys playing bravely with injuries.my mail is foran has played with injury most of the year,as has TH and a few others.didnt do us much good.

does anyone think choc did not put everything into the bulldogs game.he went above and beyond and it still wasnt good enough to beat the lowly dogs ffs.we look like having another 3 or 4 out from last week.don't do it again against the best side in the comp and risk serious injury to someone is my point.

parra /saints at full strength with parra on the ultimate roll.oranges and apples please.did they have a possible 14 out having ahrdly won a game in the last 6 weeks.

the definition of courage is to risk pain and suffering to achieve an attainable  objective.

the second part of that sentence is what separates courage from madness.

i think we only won 2 from our last 8 didnt we?

they are horrible stats

Dan link said:
[quote author=MPC link=topic=185150.msg291727#msg291727 date=1283823107]

That's not true. Bradbury was actually up with some of the worlds best. He was lucky in that race however to come back from where he was
[/quote]

You are right he was lucky. He was no chance going into that last bend, but had some luck. Who's to say we don't have some luck this weekend.

In that run only.

What i am saying is that before that Bradbury was considered in the top 3 if not the best speed skater at the time.

Going into the actual event he was a massive massive chance to win it anyway.

That is the difference. He was at the time one of the best and going well, going into the match he was rated likely to win.

That is completely different from our chances in this match

Last weeks match means nothing. Its history.

Its all about this week. And I for one dont think the Dragons are unbeatable because I fell for that last year after they beat the Eels 37-0.

If we sneak an unlikely win, we will get a crack at the loser of the Titans vs Warriors match, and maybe get a couple of players back for that one.

Don't get me wrong I would not back to win Manly unless they were $10, and I love a punt more than most. I just have a small amount faith in us and none in St George.

Dan link said:
i think we only won 2 from our last 8 didnt we?

they are horrible stats

If we turn that into 6 from our last 12 we are Premiers. :)

Dan link said:
In that run only.

What i am saying is that before that Bradbury was considered in the top 3 if not the best speed skater at the time.

That is the difference. He was at the time one of the best and going well, going into the match he was rated likely to win.

As Bradbury said after the win,it wasn't so much a gold for that effort,but for ALL the training and effort he had put in over his career.

Dan link said:
In that run only.

Dan, quote from wikipedia,

"After consulting the national coach Ann Zhang, Bradbury's strategy from the semi-final onwards was to cruise behind his opponents and hope that they crashed, as he realised that he was slower and could not match their raw pace".

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6