only fit players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
there is no way that des should consider players who are not fully fit this weekend.we have just lost foran with a bad shoulder injury.he has not been 100% for a lot of the season.half the side has been playing wounded for many weeks with many unable to train properly.

we will not win this game.we all know that.all the talk about some freak win is absolute rubbish.it would be foolish to risk choc,lyon and co doing some serious damage in a game we can't win.there is every chance we get some more serious injuries in this semi when the intensity skyrockets.saints will be looking for vengeance after last years exit.we need a full healthy offseason.

des should pick healthy players including hoppa and oldfield out wide and have a look at them in a pressure cooker game.if lyon,kite,king and choc are not right then rest them.it is all about planning for next year now.

one thing i would do is tell porky to run till he drops.he needs to know what is required to be a firstgrader.a player of his immense talent rolling around like John f...ing Candy is pathetic.

brave post,indeed.Get ready for that karma to plummet!...lolFancy expecting fully fit players now,when some have had niggling injuries most of the year and kept playing.

If we rest lyon, choc etc and play Oldfield and Hoppa then who do we have on the bench?  See you see you?

Which porky are you talking about?  Perry, Rose or Joe?  Or all of the above

i just think our off season is so important.choc  has been a warrior for last month or so.give him a rest in particular.we need the little battleship back to his best and a good offseason for him and others is a start.

i dont really care who we have on bench as long as they are fit.seu seu has played a lot of first grade.he wont be great but he wont be overwhelmed.

if we have to play Mauro,Seu Seu,Buerhrer,oldfield,hoppa so be it.

getting choc and co bashed into submission if they are 70% fit will not help anyone.

110% agree Susan, this is a meaningless game....yes it IS a Final but not one we have a hope in hedes of winning, so I agree rest them if they are not 110% fit. Why risk further injury,play the entire Sunshine Coast side if they wish....they will still be Manly and we'll still cheer them but who cares as to the result as regardless we are "cannon fodder".

agree mark.i have no doubt whoever we put out will have a dig in a big game like this.we wont win it so there is no reason to flog blokes who are busted.

Id look at
1. Hoppa
2. Robbo
3. Farrar
4. T-Rex
5. Oldfield
6. Lyon (we need his guidance, wont happen though)
7. Hodko
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Bailey
13. Buhrer

14. Cross
15. Gulavao (prop)/ if injured Palau/Cunningham/Stromquist/Tasi
16. Mauro
17. Seu Seu

Is fine saying that, but name a team minus all those unfit players

Remember due to lack of reserve grade we would be unable to use the majority of the Sunshine Coast lineup

We might get surprised Susan, and in fact a bunch of new guys "thrown to the wolves" might have a real dig and limit the carnage.....can you imagine how St Choke will be feeling if all they can do is beat a third grade side say 24-6. Also it's a chance for some of those guys to show they are First Grade standard and perhaps cement a "chance" at the big time in 2011.

Sadly as we both know Des won't do this, so Choc will run out on 1/2 a leg and running at 25% and so on and so on. He will view what we propose as capitulation....but I'd rather capitulate than be annihilated.

If Lyon is injured i think we should rest him, he has been playing with a dodgy ankle most of the season.

Seu Seu has been outstanding at QLD cup in the halves, so lets just give him a run and see how he goes..

Nothing to lose in doing it.

ok kiwi  here is a side that is fit but will be well beaten.not sure who is struggling most out of king and kite.fittest one plays.i think gnuluvua is ok.

hoppa
oldfield
williams
farrar
robertson
bailey
hodkinson
gnuluvua
buerhrer
cross
kite
ballin
perry

rose
seu seu
mauro
DCE (give him a short stint at back end of half)

kite and rose have to play longer stint.might do porky good.

that side probably gets beat by 30.with lyon,choc in we lose by 20.

what is the point of playing busted guys.there are some who live in dreamworld but for realists it is about player welfare and next season in my book.

Injured players have the whole off season to rest and recover. Why all of a sudden decide to rest players IN THE FINALS!

That's simply crazy. No other team in history has done that... If they can play through the injury they will. That's a simple fact of footy these days.

because the whole f....ing team is injured or suspended and a bad injury means no offseason which effects next year and we cannot possibly win the game.

these bloke are back in november this year and you want them fit and raring to go.they dont turn up at lunchtime on March 1st fresh from 10 middies down the Steyne and a bucket of KFC.

abnc link said:
Injured players have the whole off season to rest and recover. Why all of a sudden decide to rest players IN THE FINALS!

That's simply crazy. No other team in history has done that... If they can play through the injury they will. That's a simple fact of footy these days.

We are no chance of winning this game. A whole off season probably wont be enough for some of the injuries we already have and others could make theirs worse and put them in that category.

Therefore we need to use this game like a trial and play only fit players.

I don't agree that DCE should get a run though. I think he needs to be kept away from first grade until next year

yep.agree dan.only if no other options which may be the case.i was only thinking a short stint once the intensity goes out of the game anyway.saints will probably lead easily in the second half and he may be worth a look.definitely dont want him near the opening skirmishes.

Wow, no chance hey... i have seen stranger things happen. And we all know St Chokes history. While our chance of winning is slim we still have a chance, don't worry about that.

Anyway, we all know Des will pick all possible available players even if slightly injured.

abnc link said:
Wow, no chance hey... i have seen stranger things happen. And we all know St Chokes history. While our chance of winning is slim we still have a chance, don't worry about that.

Anyway, we all know Des will pick all possible available players even if slightly injured.

I'm with you abnc. There is always a chance. Who is to say that saints don't suffer a few key injuiries in the first 15 minutes and run out of steam. Stranger things have happened. This game could go down in folklore, so I say play whoever we can. 

We have some chance given the up-down nature of the game.  The Goons can be beaten.  Put on a competitive squad with a bunch of new and hungry guys and we are in with a shot.  Look at Cronulla and its form.  If you're on the field you alwasy have some chance.  Go Manly. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6