One Sydney Club Must Go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I guarantee that crowds will increase in Sydney if norths, wests, balmain and newtown stand alone again. Bring back all the lost fans.

League is tribal and local. The national overlay is fake and jars. In what other comp would capital cities play against suburbs? It's a joke.

The sooner everyone realizes League is not a national nor international game the better.

It is a niche sport, the best game I reckon, but it is for nsw and qld, and Pacific Islanders.

Decision makers should build the game around this reality. And it will thrive.

Dump the lot, and the Sydney Sea Eagles will rule all
Could you imagine how much we would expose that one-team city myth up north and its under-achievements. Imagine if the lone-Sydney city team, Sea Eagles, had access to all the corp dollar for TPAs, were the media darlings who could command regular playing time/day slots, and had all the money to build whatever state-of-the-art facilities and support structures they chose. We would very quickly see just how much Qld RL has been propped up and made to look a hell of a lot stronger and better than what it actually is.

Could you imagine how much we would expose that one-team city myth up north and its under-achievements. Imagine if the lone-Sydney city team, Sea Eagles, had access to all the corp dollar for TPAs, were the media darlings who could command regular playing time/day slots, and had all the money to build whatever state-of-the-art facilities and support structures they chose. We would very quickly see just how much Qld RL has been propped up and made to look a hell of a lot stronger and better than what it actually is.
The Broncos are propped up at the expense of all of the real qld football clubs. I still can't believe that a valleys supporter or a wynnum supporter would like the broncos. A fake club.

If the Sydney clubs became second tier, who here would support Sydney??

I think the NRL should look at the problems faced by super 12 rugby and take note before it is too late. The elite nsw team the waratahs now struggle to get 8k fans attending. League is some way away from this situation occurring, but it is a possibility. Once too many fake teams proliferate, the average fan feels left out, and the comp loses touch with local support then it is a downward spiral.

Tigers go. Bulldogs move to Campbelltown.

They called Campbelltown the growth area of rugby league yet only got 6k to the game.

I'd sooner see a team in the Central Coast (Bears) and another club in Brissy than see a team die off.

Tiges are on their knees but do still have a role to play.

Sharks and St Merge less relevant but I'd hate to lose either one.

The EPL can have 20 clubs why not us?

They called Campbelltown the growth area of rugby league yet only got 6k to the game.

I'd sooner see a team in the Central Coast (Bears) and another club in Brissy than see a team die off.

Tiges are on their knees but do still have a role to play.

Sharks and St Merge less relevant but I'd hate to lose either one.

The EPL can have 20 clubs why not us?

The Campbell's were cattle thieves and sheep shaggers!!!!!!

How to properly insult a Campbell

When it comes to ancient curses, the best defence is a good offence. So, the next time you are in Inveraray, near Loch Fyne in north-west Scotland, which happens to be HQ for the Campbells, consider partaking in this quaint ancient custom.

As you drive past their dour castle over a narrow bridge, you extend your hand towards it, with the forefinger and little finger extended and the middle fingers curled into the palm (the devil's horns sign). Then you say "buitseach" (a Gaelic curse) three-times and also spit between the fingers three times.

https://thetyee.ca/Views/2004/01/22/Living_With_the_Curse_of_the_Campbells/

I'd love for all the lost teams to come back and then they can make a second-tier comp with promotion and relegation between it and the NRL. Rather than having to deal with the insipid crap the Knights dish up every week, imagine if Newtown or Norths could earn a spot in the top grade by winning a second tier comp! I'd love that.

I'd love for all the lost teams to come back and then they can make a second-tier comp with promotion and relegation between it and the NRL. Rather than having to deal with the insipid crap the Knights dish up every week, imagine if Newtown or Norths could earn a spot in the top grade by winning a second tier comp! I'd love that.

The argument against promotion and relegation has allows been that the lower comp teams won't have the infrastructure or get the financial support required to make it in the top grade. It would also be hard for them to put a FG roster together between the end of a season and the beginning of the next.

Whilst the NRL is now granting more than the full salary gap helps .... But what happens to the club being relegated ... they would have contracts with players for 8 mil a year for several years ... the NRL couldn't just cut their grants.

I like the idea as well but probably too many hurdles.

The argument against promotion and relegation has allows been that the lower comp teams won't have the infrastructure or get the financial support required to make it in the top grade. It would also be hard for them to put a FG roster together between the end of a season and the beginning of the next.

Whilst the NRL is now granting more than the full salary gap helps .... But what happens to the club being relegated ... they would have contracts with players for 8 mil a year for several years ... the NRL couldn't just cut their grants.

I like the idea as well but probably too many hurdles.
Fair enough, but if a club still goes broke when it gets the full cap as a grant then that is hard to ignore. Relegate em I say.

It worked for manly in 47. Won presidents cup in 46 and the rl couldn't ignore manly any more. God only knows why they let parra in.

In what other comp would capital cities play against suburbs? It's a joke.

The sooner everyone realizes League is not a national nor international game the better.

It is a niche sport, the best game I reckon, but it is for nsw and qld, and Pacific Islanders.

Decision makers should build the game around this reality. And it will thrive.
AFL

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10