One Sydney Club Must Go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Rothfield ingniting the debate there are too many Sydney clubs and one needs to be re-located. (spoiler alert its not Manly ;) )

The clubs seem to be against expansion, and no-one wants to move (cant blame them).

Just wondering, if you were to cut a Sydney team who would you move/cut?

For me its the Tigpies.

Havnt performed in years, one half of the club is broke and realisitcally the eels, dogs and pathers can absorb the west and chooks/souths can absorb the leichhardt/balmain region.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...o/news-story/acc75bc3829727275d6645b8bd3e1d69

When this comes up...rothfield and the cronulla faithful always bleat "But we own our own ground!"

So friggen what? That doesn't give you the right to be in the nrl.

Go play bogans v bogans death match on it for all I care!

Second Brisbane team A S A P to remove the Bronco "s present unfair monopoly . There is enough depth in the present Brisbane comps and Q R L comps to accommodate this and without adversely affecting the other existing sides . Current greater Brisbane population at present , probably around 1 . 5 Mill, Sydney and the south and central coast , probably around 6 mill plus. Should still be able to sustain the nine Sydney based clubs with taking this into account and especially with the N R l now providing some 13 Mill. in direct club grants .Also there are already existing provisions for byes . so even one more team will not affect this arrangement .

Balmain has to go. They have no money, no clubhouse, few supporters. Get rid of them and rebrand the Magpies, who have great support. Next I would be tapping Newcastle on the shoulder.

Phil, Phil, Phil.
You are signing your own death warrant.
Because if any club has ceased relevancy it's the sharks.
When the sinners merged with the Steelers the sharks should've changed their theme song to 'stuck in the middle with you'.
Be the third team in and make a south coast super club.
Actually I'm with @Shoe1 in the conference idea which is something rothfield ironically wrote a good column about a couple of years ago.
Bernie Gurr, who should be taking grants job imo, spoke about such a thing on sterlo a month or so back.
Phil,
You know it makes sense !!

Titans need to relocate 40km north, as even the AFL can't make the GC work

Sharks need to be merged with Saints

This gets a 2nd Brisbane Team and a Pert Team can be introduced :wait:

Tigers first to go for mine.. at least rothtool 'spared' us the day after we sunk the sharks.. goes to show even this pleb begrudgingly respects us and can't ignore the fact we're essential to the comp

Balmain has to go. They have no money, no clubhouse, few supporters. Get rid of them and rebrand the Magpies, who have great support. Next I would be tapping Newcastle on the shoulder.

Friday night's crowd at Campbelltown says otherwise. However, in fairness the Tigpies are currently dead last and they were only playing the Tits who were 14th, and it was on FTA television so the small crowd was to be expected.

But the Tigpies draw more to Leichhardt than they seem to do at Campbelltown.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6