One more year Killer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Both the team's form and Lyon's turned around remarkably the day he shifted to 5/8th. This instant change could be coincidence. Just not how I'm seeing it. His preference was always in the centres, maybe he doesn't enjoy the limelight, but moving him to 5/8th last time earned us a premiership, and moving him this time has given us some hope of making something of this season.

And he remains our best goal kicker. Who takes over that next season?
If Lyon was at 5/8 earlier in the season behind that forward pack being owned, would have been a better option than we had ... but not changed the results.
DCE .....I guarantee he would compliment the forwards such as Lussick, Jake & Vane winning the middle as the key ingredient to his improvement ....has Lyon at 5/8 been beneficial to the team- absolutely.
Lolahea was the key in this subject & personally believe he would shine at 5/8...& will ....more likely at another club.

And he remains our best goal kicker. Who takes over that next season?
At a guess, I would say that Walker takes over as the main kicker but we also have DCE as a backup too and if Skivvy sticks around next season, we will have him as a backup as well.

At a guess, I would say that Walker takes over as the main kicker but we also have DCE as a backup too and if Skivvy sticks around next season, we will have him as a backup as well.
Hope it's not Chez :eek:

He does as much in defense as most forwards and needs his kicking game for field position or field goals :)

If Lyon was at 5/8 earlier in the season behind that forward pack being owned, would have been a better option than we had ... but not changed the results.
DCE .....I guarantee he would compliment the forwards such as Lussick, Jake & Vane winning the middle as the key ingredient to his improvement ....has Lyon at 5/8 been beneficial to the team- absolutely.
Lolahea was the key in this subject & personally believe he would shine at 5/8...& will ....more likely at another club.
If Lyon hadn't already announced his retirement, given his form at 5/8th, we'd all be expecting him to play there next year. And outraged if he was tapped on the shoulder.

If Lyon hadn't already announced his retirement, given his form at 5/8th, we'd all be expecting him to play there next year. And outraged if he was tapped on the shoulder.
Much as I rate Lolahea - Anywhere in the backline....can't fault this call...Lyon is out & out class & agree 100%....could easily play another year if it's at 5/8 - his experienced, winning mentality is up with the best, but doubt he will be here....if he miraculously plays on...play Lolahea in the 3/4 line for 2017, but don't discount Lolohea's ability at 5/8....a potential superstar who is good enough to handle that role today.

Just seen this on a Fox Sports article...

HUSH, HUSH

Which NRL veteran is considering going around for another season?

While it has been expected 2016 would be his final year, this player is having second thoughts and is likely to play on if his club is willing to hand him one last deal.

Could Killer be having a change of heart??

Just seen this on a Fox Sports article...

HUSH, HUSH

Which NRL veteran is considering going around for another season?

While it has been expected 2016 would be his final year, this player is having second thoughts and is likely to play on if his club is willing to hand him one last deal.

Could Killer be having a change of heart??

Its Matt Orford

Luke Lewis just signed on for another year and at a reduced rate :nod:

Manly need a 5/8 next year. We can't have another season wasted waiting for Wright to be old enough for fg :confused:

Realistically, he is 34, his speed as a centre is no longer there and he has spent more games on the sideline this year than I can remember.

He has been possibly the club's best ever signing.

But it'd be a bit tragic if he signed for another year and then struggled with form and/or injury, with people saying he should be dropped. Unfortunately we have already seen that with a club legend this year.

It depends if Blake Green has been signed or not...I can't seen Killer wanting to play on for another year out in the centres getting turned around constantly by the younger faster brigade.

That's what I read.
Still nothing from the club. They are remarkably slow to announce anything these days. Oh that's right, I forgot they announced the extension of Nathan Green and Williame for a further two years last week. How could I forget such critical retention news.

Nothing official but this was in rugby league week the other day.
Green means stop for Foran at Manly
By Tony Adams
August 6, 2016

MANLY have signed much-improved Storm five-eighth Blake Green for next season – which could spell dire consequences for Kieran Foran’s proposed move back to Brookvale.

Green agreed to terms with Manly over a month ago, but significantly, the two parties didn’t put pen to paper until the last few days.

The Sea Eagles were holding off in the hope they could get Foran to return.

But with Green coming on good money, Manly are unlikely to be able to afford Foran.

Having three halves – Daly Cherry-Evans, Foran and Green – on good dollars would hammer the club’s salary cap balance.

It now appears certain that Foran, who walked out on Parramatta after less that a year in sensational circumstances last month, is destined to join the Bulldogs.

The troubled halfback is extremely close to Canterbury coach Des Hasler, who brought him to grade at Manly and oversaw his NRL debut.

Still nothing from the club. They are remarkably slow to announce anything these days. Oh that's right, I forgot they announced the extension of Nathan Green and Williame for a further two years last week. How could I forget such critical retention news.
Yes at this rate we won't know if we have signed Thurston until we see him on the field, it's a joke honestly. It happened all last year too.

We are still officially waiting for Orford to be announced.:confused:

Killer... My fave player ever for manly.. I want to see him going out on top - us wanting more... Not saying he should have called it quits last season. The time is right. I would say he has another year in him would it be at top level. maybe but maybe not.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4