[Resurrected] On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
relocate the Storm to Brisbane. That's where they are all from isn't it? Are their feeder clubs from Qld? They can't be from Victoria.

While they're at it, they could form a breakaway league in Qld with the Bronco's and the Roosters and leave the rest of us paupers to it down here where it all started. How's that for a plan? Bring back Newtown, Norths, Western Suburbs, Balmain and St George. Give it back to the ABC so we wouldn't have to listen to all the halfwits that have taken over at 9 and fox.

This is all silly talk as the grand plan of course is to abolish teams altogether. This idea of having 2 teams in conflict with each other causes stress and disappointment, as well as the problem of having to remember all those team names. Once tackling has been abolished, as it wil inevitably be, the players should just go from super stadium to super stadium and run around all wearing the same colours of “Team NRL” to send a message of inclusivity and diversity.

Yours faithfully
Peter Beattie

This is the way I see it.....

Lose a Sydney club and you lose a lot more fans than you MIGHT gain from having them relocated. We hate Norths right? But regardless, how many of their fans walked away from rugby league when the Bears died? Most walked away when we merged to make the Northern Eagles. Most of the rest basically followed when the NE's died and Manly came back but Norths didn't.

The object should be to grow the game, not destroy it by bowing to the whim of a television broadcaster who's only interest is in its ratings.

As for Manly? In what right thinking, logical universe would relocating Manly to make a second Brisbane team be a good idea? As many have said previously for a few years now, lose Manly and they lose their only club between Sydney Harbour and Newcastle. They may as well just hand the whole North Shore and Northern Beaches to Aussie rules, rugby and soccer. Its sheer stupidity.

Make no bones about it, this is nothing more than pure self interest from Channel 9 and is nothing to do with making rugby league a bigger, better game.

Everybody hates us because they want to be us, most successful club for last decade with least amount of resources but more heart than all other clubs put together. I'd happily explain this to Greenturd but I dont have the time nor the crayons....

Look it makes sense for Manly to relocate to say the central coast. It takes me 35 minutes to travel from Baulkham Hills to Newport via the M2 & Mona Vale Road, so we are very close together geographically. Whereas the distance between Parra & Penrith is longer. It makes sense for Parra to take over the Northern Beaches. Look at the USA, the distances between the clubs are much longer. I'll be happy to call the new team the Parramatta Eagles or Parramatta Stingrays. Think about it. It makes perfect sense
Then perhaps you should pack your bags, get into your car, start driving & don't come back. Simple end to your dilemma. .

Look it makes sense for Manly to relocate to say the central coast. It takes me 35 minutes to travel from Baulkham Hills to Newport via the M2 & Mona Vale Road, so we are very close together geographically. Whereas the distance between Parra & Penrith is longer. It makes sense for Parra to take over the Northern Beaches. Look at the USA, the distances between the clubs are much longer. I'll be happy to call the new team the Parramatta Eagles or Parramatta Stingrays. Think about it. It makes perfect sense
Geographically the distance may not be that great but culturally we are far apart. Fans on the Northern Beaches have an expectation of success and replacing that with a culture of abject failure hardly seems likely to attract new fans to the game. Look Brad, you left here a long time ago and we don't want you back..... on the positive side, Parramatta Spooners are paying you a lot of money and expectations are low. Make the best of what you've got and learn to accept reality, you know it makes sense.

This is the way I see it.....

Lose a Sydney club and you lose a lot more fans than you MIGHT gain from having them relocated. We hate Norths right? But regardless, how many of their fans walked away from rugby league when the Bears died? Most walked away when we merged to make the Northern Eagles. Most of the rest basically followed when the NE's died and Manly came back but Norths didn't.

The object should be to grow the game, not destroy it by bowing to the whim of a television broadcaster who's only interest is in its ratings.

As for Manly? In what right thinking, logical universe would relocating Manly to make a second Brisbane team be a good idea? As many have said previously for a few years now, lose Manly and they lose their only club between Sydney Harbour and Newcastle. They may as well just hand the whole North Shore and Northern Beaches to Aussie rules, rugby and soccer. Its sheer stupidity.

Make no bones about it, this is nothing more than pure self interest from Channel 9 and is nothing to do with making rugby league a bigger, better game.

Yeh I'd go back to union (shudder). Go Rats!!

The whole article is full of very spurious reasoning, and is based on stuff-all actual fact and content. Shocking, for a Murdoch-owned website...

Fact is, our ground figures are higher than several Sydney clubs, we have had heaps of success over the past decade, we are owned by multi-millionaire business people, we have more, even higher-value business people lining up to buy the club, we have a centre of excellence being built and are in a fairly strong position financially. Which are ALL used to promote the chances of other teams within the article.

Only detriment really is our weak Leagues Club, which has always been in a crap location and will never do very well, at least until someone with vision buys a second venue in the Corso or nearby.

I think leagues’ clubs in general will become less and less important as a source of support. As we know, Manly is already there.

relocate the Storm to Brisbane. That's where they are all from isn't it? Are their feeder clubs from Qld? They can't be from Victoria.

While they're at it, they could form a breakaway league in Qld with the Bronco's and the Roosters and leave the rest of us paupers to it down here where it all started. How's that for a plan? Bring back Newtown, Norths, Western Suburbs, Balmain and St George. Give it back to the ABC so we wouldn't have to listen to all the halfwits that have taken over at 9 and fox.
This is genius. Might be wrong, but I think the Storm has only produced one local junior in 24 years. One !!!! From memory was a chubby overweight winger. Losing a team from Sydney has all the makings of a Gillette advertising campaign. Identify your target audience and then sh%t all over them. NRL, the worst a comp can get !

Nrl have been down this road before South Queensland crushers ,didn't work .This second team in brissie isnt something new ,if they do go down that road Ipswich and Redcliffe are best choice out of city strong league areas.We will be ok geographicallyand private owned not too mention successful

Part of them being wound up was due to the Broncos being concerned about losing their monopoly so they got them punted as part of the peace deal post Super Greed

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10