[Resurrected] On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
  • September 2, 2019 2:22pm
  • by GEORGE CLARKE
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles / Danger Rating: 4/5

The Sea Eagles have the lowest membership numbers of any of the Sydney clubs, and their Brookvale home has often come in for criticism.

After the death of the North Sydney Bears, Manly are the last outpost between the Harbour Bridge and Newcastle, the question the game must ask itself is can it afford to cede that territory to rival codes.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/on...n/news-story/f47bc6431ad6bad985daf7912e6f2e78

It would be the dumbest move the NRL have ever made if they drop a Sydney club, especially one that is the only club between the Harbour Bridge and Swansea. Have they learned nothing these amateurs. They should be attempting to increase crowds, not turn them away. Add new clubs for sure, but dropping Sydney clubs is suicide for Rugby League

As it is, the North Shore is home to one of the biggest junior bases for AFL in Sydney. If the NRL were stupid enough to give up the Northern Beaches as well, then the would have no one blame when League was overtaken as a junior sport in Sydney.

What Toddy and 9 fail to realise is that the north side of Sydney has some very influential people living in it and will continue to for many years. If the sport that is chosen by their kids is AFL, then the parents would in turn would start spending big on merch and games. The Swans bandwagon would be bigger than we’ve ever seen.

The north shore has already lost out big to AFL as the kids in that area are already AFL or Rugby bound.

This decision would be long term suicide for the NRL.

Last edited:
THe5grI.jpg

I’d drop the Warriors and Titans and put teams in Brisbane and Perth.
Too easy.

Look it makes sense for Manly to relocate to say the central coast. It takes me 35 minutes to travel from Baulkham Hills to Newport via the M2 & Mona Vale Road, so we are very close together geographically. Whereas the distance between Parra & Penrith is longer. It makes sense for Parra to take over the Northern Beaches. Look at the USA, the distances between the clubs are much longer. I'll be happy to call the new team the Parramatta Eagles or Parramatta Stingrays. Think about it. It makes perfect sense

Look it makes sense for Manly to relocate to say the central coast. It takes me 35 minutes to travel from Baulkham Hills to Newport via the M2 & Mona Vale Road, so we are very close together geographically. Whereas the distance between Parra & Penrith is longer. It makes sense for Parra to take over the Northern Beaches. Look at the USA, the distances between the clubs are much longer. I'll be happy to call the new team the Parramatta Eagles or Parramatta Stingrays. Think about it. It makes perfect sense
Thanks for the input Anthony
I hope that you didn't think about it for too long as you know that it hurts your brain when you do
Were you speeding again when you took 35 minutes?
No doubt the new team will be coached by your best mate Brad Arthur with King Gutho as full back and Tim Mannah as prop as Jake and Tommy will be playing for the roosters under their salary cap sombrero

Thankyou Mr Arthur.

And Tooks, he is taking the piss.

The only person from the NRL who has commented was Beattie. And he said it won't happen.......
League journalists would have to be the worst of any sport. 95% of what these dicks write is speculation and tabloid worthy dribble. There's just too many league writers and too many TV shows about league. It's the same dribble hour after hour on different shows. Same content, just the panel of people saying the same crap changes.

Which of the Sydney clubs has come closest to going broke recently? Sharks and Steelers/Dragons. Sharks sold the farm to get out debt, barely did, and will be back there in a few years but this time with no major assets to flog to bail them out.

The real story will write itself in time.

Why don’t they build a big new stadium in southern Brisbane and all the teams can play two home games a year there. When they play there they change their colours to a south Brisbane strip and call themselves the Wasps or something neutral. They could wear the old Penrith colours (brown and white for the younger readers) which would save money on uniforms, flags and streamers.

Nrl have been down this road before South Queensland crushers ,didn't work .This second team in brissie isnt something new ,if they do go down that road Ipswich and Redcliffe are best choice out of city strong league areas.We will be ok geographicallyand private owned not too mention successful

Some great words from Marty Taupau - The more I hear from him the more love and passion I realise he has for this place:

NSW coach Brad Fittler has also suggested Manly should be relocated.

“Taking Manly to the Central Coast looks like a no-brainer to me,” Fittler said.

Sea Eagles prop Marty Taupau fired back at Fittler.

“It’s a no-brainer that it won’t happen,’’ Taupau said.

“Look, it can’t happen. We’re not located right in the Sydney CBD. We are one of the richest clubs when it comes to history.

“It’s amazing the great talent that’s been produced through the juniors, the legends that are still in and around the club.

“I couldn’t see Manly be relocated anywhere. I can’t see any team being relocated but it’s not really up to me.”

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9