omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My view on this is as follows.

Whilst I disagree with his ideology AND his statements we live in a democratic society and he’s entitled to say what he thinks.

It’s the fact that half a million dollars has been raised through a bunch of blinkers on numbnuts that’s appalling!!

There are SO many very worthwhile projects , sick kids , sick dads , sick mums that get a fraction of this.

**** me what is the world coming to!!

My view on this is as follows.

Whilst I disagree with his ideology AND his statements we live in a democratic society and he’s entitled to say what he thinks.

It’s the fact that half a million dollars has been raised through a bunch of blinkers on numbnuts that’s appalling!!

There are SO many very worthwhile projects , sick kids , sick dads , sick mums that get a fraction of this.

**** me what is the world coming to!!

It is a timeless story Mark .... belief in any ideology can justify any action for the greater good ... I am certain those donating genuinely believe Izzy is doing God's will and fighting for their rights as Christians against the Devil ..... and trying to save the souls of the sinners ...

I wouldn't be surprised .... that given some publicity ... donations come in from all over the world ... all it would take is for some of those TV preacher folk in the states highlighting Brother Izzy's fight to the death with the devil ....

Edit .... @HappilyManly .. I a sure if he wins the donors would expect him to use the funds to build a large church for the glory of God where he can minister and raise more funds ...

I could donate to his cause.....oh but wait ... I’m a sinner...oh well he wouldn’t want my money! I better not donate....I would hate to offend him... what would it look like if he accepted money from sinners!

I don’t get the fuss about his posts. Society has become so precious and politically correct and “the brand” is bull**** and code for it’s my way or the highway. Not being able to speak or publish your views smacks of communism. I wouldn’t invest a big chunk of our salary cap in Israel.

Free speech is a bourgeois fiction.

Try sending out some tweets praising Isis, or suggesting you want to organise violent worldwide revolution, and see how you go.

You'll quickly find there are limits to your precious 'right to free speech'.

OK, maybe you don’t mean there should be no limits – just different limits?

Would you support one of our players publicly stating ‘Jews, Aboriginals and Asians are bad people and we don’t want them'? Hopefully not, yet the right to spout hate speech is exactly what is supported when you assert that free speech is some kind of inalienable right.

Fact is, it’s not an inalienable right, and never has been. Back in the day ‘Down with the emperor’ would get you killed pretty quick, I’d say.

And the problem with hate speech is this - gay bashing (and gay murdering) is a thing, and hate speech encourages and perpetuates it. Homosexuals are highly likely to face discrimination and harm as a result of their sexuality. Why do you think it so hard for many of them to have the courage to come out? So you either support their right to live or you don’t. Folau does not.

If people want to step over the bodies of dying cancer patients and hand a Lamborghini driving multi millionaire $10 who are we to stop them?
Matthew 19:24

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."
-----
Izzy had better add the rich to his meme :wait:

Matthew 19:24

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."
-----
Izzy had better add the rich to his meme :wait:
Does the camel need to be intact? A rich man could probably get hold a of a pretty good blender :)
As a non believer, I don't often question "what would Jesus do?". But if the choice was between preaching tolerance an understanding or superiority and damnation I would have thought it would be a no brainer.

Does the camel need to be intact? A rich man could probably get hold a of a pretty good blender :)
As a non believer, I don't often question "what would Jesus do?". But if the choice was between preaching tolerance an understanding or superiority and damnation I would have thought it would be a no brainer.
Point of religion is to control the masses by playing on their fears and desires :angel:

For Manly. No

For the NRL - No

He is a fullback/winger that does not pass. NRL has moved past those one dimensional players.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6