Olakau'Atu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
This bloke is Big and aggressive which is missing big time, has Massive skills and adds an X factor in attack....also can whack in defence which seems an age ago....
We have a few big forwards who seem to grab and hold rather than dig the shoulders in and drive...certainly zero intimidation and the opposition would wake up Monday without a bruise !!
There is obvious talk about a lack of speed, but the problems we have defensively are starting in the middle....very soft and losing 90% of contacts with and without the ball and if nothing else this bloke will hurt a few, which is key to winning back authority and confidence.
Out of All the players who need to be advanced to the 17, put this bloke up with Schuster and Hoppa....in fact, maybe ahead of them as these youngsters will appreciate coming into a side that holds it's own in the middle....this big bopper needs to get a shot and soon...

Olakau'atu played late last year and from memory averaged about 10 minutes per game. He is one of the young guns who has suffered from the lack of a reserves comp, which is no-one's fault, just unfortunate.

Whoever Des chooses, I reckon he needs to make sure either AFB or Marty are on the field with them rather than spelling both of them at the same time.

Either at least one of them on the field all the time & our go forward wont drop off like it does when they're both off.

At least until whoever Des rotates them with starts showing the same aggression in hitting it up & making post-contact meters as they do.

Are you going to drop Keppie to fit him in though?
Take your pick - Boyle, paseka, Jetski and likely leave Keppie in there...though Keppie is also lacking his impact in 2019, but still offering slightly more mongrel than the rest...

I know a lot of guys are critical of him but I though Paseka is a player that deserves more minutes. Him and Olakau'atu off the bench for AFB and Marty wouldnt be the worst thing.

I think Paseka has been getting better with each game. His defence has really started to show in the last 2 games & he does look like he's starting to hit the ball up with more authority.

He threw a hospital pass to Cust in his own twenty when a tough hit up was required and Cust got monstered. The only other pass he threw resulted in an error at a vital time. He’s a man mountain with no aggro. He’s a symptom of all that is wrong with our pack outside of the run on lads.

He threw a hospital pass to Cust in his own twenty when a tough hit up was required and Cust got monstered. The only other pass he threw resulted in an error at a vital time. He’s a man mountain with no aggro. He’s a symptom of all that is wrong with our pack outside of the run on lads.
Cust hurt himself in that tackle as well.. was on one leg all game

I know a lot of guys are critical of him but I though Paseka is a player that deserves more minutes. Him and Olakau'atu off the bench for AFB and Marty wouldnt be the worst thing.
I agree with your thoughts on Paseka.I think he’s slowly got better each game and he’s run with a bit more venom the last two weeks.

This bloke is Big and aggressive which is missing big time, has Massive skills and adds an X factor in attack....also can whack in defence which seems an age ago....
We have a few big forwards who seem to grab and hold rather than dig the shoulders in and drive...certainly zero intimidation and the opposition would wake up Monday without a bruise !!
There is obvious talk about a lack of speed, but the problems we have defensively are starting in the middle....very soft and losing 90% of contacts with and without the ball and if nothing else this bloke will hurt a few, which is key to winning back authority and confidence.
Out of All the players who need to be advanced to the 17, put this bloke up with Schuster and Hoppa....in fact, maybe ahead of them as these youngsters will appreciate coming into a side that holds it's own in the middle....this big bopper needs to get a shot and soon...
I think he should start on the left edge, time for Tomo on the bench.

I think Paseka has been getting better with each game. His defence has really started to show in the last 2 games & he does look like he's starting to hit the ball up with more authority.

Last weekend he really impressed me with his hit ups. Always charging over the advantage line, big post contact meters and looking a little more imposing with the ball. Starting to really use his size to his advantage.

Where is OLAKAU'ATU? I thought he was quite good in his debut last year.
Was he (or a family member) involved in the whole nine with a knife thing? Is that why he's never selected?

wondering what poster's opinions are on the Des game-plan in regards to Guac because he has played a couple of games this year and looked good and in the only game he started in he was MOM (or damn close)... I realise that Sironen and Thompson are established but Des has consistently picked Waddel, GoJetSki and Keppie in front of him...
is Des whispering sweet nothings and telling him that he will have more opportunities next year because Waddell and Thommo are leaving? And if so, how must it feel to know that despite putting in excellent efforts in your limited opportunities, the coach would still prefer to start a bench forward that he doesn't intend to keep for next year? (Waddell)
this one actually confuses me - not playing the kids is less of a surprise because its what Des does...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4