Olakau'Atu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
wondering what poster's opinions are on the Des game-plan in regards to Guac because he has played a couple of games this year and looked good and in the only game he started in he was MOM (or damn close)... I realise that Sironen and Thompson are established but Des has consistently picked Waddel, GoJetSki and Keppie in front of him...
is Des whispering sweet nothings and telling him that he will have more opportunities next year because Waddell and Thommo are leaving? And if so, how must it feel to know that despite putting in excellent efforts in your limited opportunities, the coach would still prefer to start a bench forward that he doesn't intend to keep for next year? (Waddell)
this one actually confuses me - not playing the kids is less of a surprise because its what Des does...

In general im not too concerned about the hoppas, schusters and some of the other selections but oku has something we need. Our lack of attacking options is astounding. While it seems obvious to include backs our gameplan doesnt require it.

But oku looks likely with the ball and our other backrowers just don't
So essentially im a bit miffed but thats des. He likes the kids to come up and down out of grade for a bit because the season is too taxing on the young blokes at first.

In general im not too concerned about the hoppas, schusters and some of the other selections but oku has something we need. Our lack of attacking options is astounding. While it seems obvious to include backs our gameplan doesnt require it.

But oku looks likely with the ball and our other backrowers just don't
So essentially im a bit miffed but thats des. He likes the kids to come up and down out of grade for a bit because the season is too taxing on the young blokes at first.
that's what i mean, he and keppie have looked first-rate at times and yet here he is on the pine again... makes no sense because he has only had limited chances...

that's what i mean, he and keppie have looked first-rate at times and yet here he is on the pine again... makes no sense because he has only had limited chances...

Sirro has been solid at best and joel has been a little underwhelming this year. Sirro has become a bit of a plug, killing ball movement and joels go is enthusiasm and energy but looks sapped

All I know is it was not that long ago I gave my 3 points in @mosto s MVP to Guacamole. And I am damn sure I haven’t given a 3 to either Jetski or Waddell all year.
The bloody size of the Scums forwards pretty much demands that Guacamole play significant minutes.

All I know is it was that long ago I gave my 3 points in @mosto s MVP to Guacamole. And I am damn sure I haven’t given a 3 to either Jetski or Waddel. The bloody size of the Scums forwards pretty much demands that Guacamole should play.
Their pack is pretty damn awesome... Nelson at lock and Faasuamaleaui off the bench...

they obviously are not concerned about our forwards because they have name two backs on the bench...

wondering what poster's opinions are on the Des game-plan in regards to Guac because he has played a couple of games this year and looked good and in the only game he started in he was MOM (or damn close)... I realise that Sironen and Thompson are established but Des has consistently picked Waddel, GoJetSki and Keppie in front of him...
is Des whispering sweet nothings and telling him that he will have more opportunities next year because Waddell and Thommo are leaving? And if so, how must it feel to know that despite putting in excellent efforts in your limited opportunities, the coach would still prefer to start a bench forward that he doesn't intend to keep for next year? (Waddell)
this one actually confuses me - not playing the kids is less of a surprise because its what Des does...
How do we know waddell is leaving?

Spot on mate. I can only imagine how pissed off he would be right now. He’s an absolute gun and definitely has to be our starting second rower next year alongside siro.

This bloke is Big and aggressive which is missing big time, has Massive skills and adds an X factor in attack....also can whack in defence which seems an age ago....
We have a few big forwards who seem to grab and hold rather than dig the shoulders in and drive...certainly zero intimidation and the opposition would wake up Monday without a bruise !!
There is obvious talk about a lack of speed, but the problems we have defensively are starting in the middle....very soft and losing 90% of contacts with and without the ball and if nothing else this bloke will hurt a few, which is key to winning back authority and confidence.
Out of All the players who need to be advanced to the 17, put this bloke up with Schuster and Hoppa....in fact, maybe ahead of them as these youngsters will appreciate coming into a side that holds it's own in the middle....this big bopper needs to get a shot and soon...

Agree .... but needs to start in the 2nd row IMO ..... I thought he was much more effective on the edge than he was as a replacement middle forward off the bench ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7