Olakau’atu upgraded

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do you know what else he talked about?
Only heard the tail end (I think).Tuned in when he was explaining that Tommy just had cramp and was gassed after not playing for so long and the time off full training. He spoke about the priority to retain the young talent and how the focus is very much about Manly as a community club. He also mentioned that he, Scott, and Seibs are very much on the same page ... I'll save the Negative Nellies the effort of typing because I know they'll comment "until they're not"!

Tony is so impressive. He's really straight with his answers, meeting each question head on with seemingly no obfuscation. You also get the impression that he knows exactly what he's doing with the direction of the club.

Only heard the tail end (I think).Tuned in when he was explaining that Tommy just had cramp and was gassed after not playing for so long and the time off full training. He spoke about the priority to retain the young talent and how the focus is very much about Manly as a community club. He also mentioned that he, Scott, and Seibs are very much on the same page ... I'll save the Negative Nellies the effort of typing because I know they'll comment "until they're not"!

Tony is so impressive. He's really straight with his answers, meeting each question head on with seemingly no obfuscation. You also get the impression that he knows exactly what he's doing with the direction of the club.
Mestrov has been great thus far and May it continue much longer.His no nonsense,straight forward answering of questions is not only refreshing but it leaves those asking the questions in no doubt and gives them nowhere to go.The media can’t twist his words around to fit an agenda

I agree with your Olakau’atu assessment but the issue for him is that he plays outside DCE,not a Foran type player.Not suggesting it’s all on DCE but he’s not as direct.Tuilagi will hopefully benefit from Schuster’s ball play as he didn’t see much ball from Johns
Yep, I just want to see him winding up instead of so flat. And on Saturday, he seemed to stifle any chances for Koula. But geez it was hot and he was feeling it after throwing everything at Kikau. Freshen up for Parra and let loose on a cooler Thursday evening. I don't wanna see the forwards go passive after what they showed on Saturday. I don't think that's the Big Os way anyway.

I agree we were to flat in attack too often. We need our big boppers hitting the ball at pace not flat footed. In the back we were going from side to side a bit too often. It’s so much easier to get over the advantage line or make a break hitting a hole at pace. Look at the difference it made to Paseka in the 2nd half when he hit that ball at pace up the middle.

Mestrov has been great thus far and May it continue much longer.His no nonsense,straight forward answering of questions is not only refreshing but it leaves those asking the questions in no doubt and gives them nowhere to go.The media can’t twist his words around to fit an agenda
I remember him as a player and when he graduated from Macquarie Uni (was a news item) back in the day. Saw him speak last year and asked a few questions - very impressive. Transparency, good communicator, thinks on his feet, understanding of the team/business + goals and probably also providing a degree of moral clarity. A good leader and if, as it seems, he is workign well with the owner and coach, very encouraging.

We might finally have the ingredients for more durable success vs our history of successes being more short term and coach/football department driven, to an extent let down by back office.

Yep, I just want to see him winding up instead of so flat. And on Saturday, he seemed to stifle any chances for Koula. But geez it was hot and he was feeling it after throwing everything at Kikau. Freshen up for Parra and let loose on a cooler Thursday evening. I don't wanna see the forwards go passive after what they showed on Saturday. I don't think that's the Big Os way anyway.
Our back row should dominate against the Eels - they will be missing both Lane and Matterson for the match with Manly.

I think we're being a bit harsh on Guac's performance in terms of (attacking) output.
We all seem to agree that he owned Kikau, isn't that enough?
He didn't miss any tackles, Chez and Koula only one each*, so he/they kept that side tight - yes that hot shot left side of the Dogs - JAC, Burton and Kikau!
Chez scored 3 (two from defensive pressure) and set up one down that side so Guac did his job, yeah?

*according to NRL stats

I agree we were to flat in attack too often. We need our big boppers hitting the ball at pace not flat footed. In the back we were going from side to side a bit too often. It’s so much easier to get over the advantage line or make a break hitting a hole at pace. Look at the difference it made to Paseka in the 2nd half when he hit that ball at pace up the middle.
I had just finished talking to my son about Paseka standing too shallow and bang he hit it at pace and was unstoppable, I have watched his vids from fleg and that's exactly how he played, I hope it's a sign of things to come

I had just finished talking to my son about Paseka standing too shallow and bang he hit it at pace and was unstoppable, I have watched his vids from fleg and that's exactly how he played, I hope it's a sign of things to come
Now that Paseka knows how much damage he can cause, we should expect to see more of this on Thurs week.

I will not be surprised if Freddie selects Olakau'atu to play SOO this year, he just owned Kikau, however, I think Jake was stiff in mising out on Dally M points, as he owned the middle and some of his hits were absolute 'bone crackers' and knocked 'the stuffing' out of the Bulldogs middle attack.

He was being spoken about as a SOO smokey - now it's nothing
I think he was more than a smokey -he was likely in the team 5 weeks ago.

Since then, he has been mediocre and missed two one on one tackles on the try line.

Any origin coach would put a pen through him after that.

I think he was more than a smokey -he was likely in the team 5 weeks ago.

Since then, he has been mediocre and missed two one on one tackles on the try line.

Any origin coach would put a pen through him after that.
He's missed a few tackles true, but now he's on the radar teams are planning for him. I don't think its a case of him been that bad, its just that teams have worked him out.

Is it just me, or does he look leaner? In the first month of the competition he was a beast, breaking tackles and smashing the ball runners. Lately though, he stops and props and tries to push thru the defenders (often 3 of them). On top of this, he just looks skinnier.

Is it just me, or does he look leaner? In the first month of the competition he was a beast, breaking tackles and smashing the ball runners. Lately though, he stops and props and tries to push thru the defenders (often 3 of them). On top of this, he just looks skinnier.
He has been leaner since the start of the season. Said he lost something like 5 plus kilos in the pre-season

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2