Ok - we got Levi - Top 17 ??

What is everyone's opinion on Levi? I think skill wise probably on par with Ballin.

My main concern is his lack of speed. But he is probably one of the tougher hookers in the game.

I don't think he will set the world on fire but should do a solid job.

I think we can all agree on the starting 13. My bench would be:
Cust/Croker
Jetski
Paseka/Sipley (need the size)
Keppie (no brainer for me)

Cust/Croker and Paseka/Sipley depens most on fitness and whoever is looking fitter.
Agree there alot of unknown at 9 all together ipape might kill it in trials and take bench spot. Levi has potential but hope being in that **** environment at knights won't hurt his development

I would like to see
1. Turbo
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Walker
7. Dce
8. Afb
9. Levi
10. Tapau
11. Thompson
12. Siro
13. Jake
14. Cust
15. Jetski
16. Waddell
17. Keppie
Waddell and keppie to cover prop, JetSki second row centre.

the only Definate I have on that bench is Keppie....personally a Massive fan and I reckon by end of 2020, will be a fan favourite and we’ll known by all fans
But to be fair to the others in the running, a damn heap of competition

I went with Sips and Paseka over Keppie more because they have experience than anything else. Sips was a lock for a bench spot last year until he did his knee and I reckon its about time that Taniela started to hit his straps and be the unstoppable beast that his size says he should be (personally I think his biggest problem is a lack of controlled aggression. If he got mean when he crosses that sideline, he could be anything).

Of course, there is also Morgan Boyle who I think will benefit greatly from having a full pre-season under Des and Donny, something he didn't have when he joined last year (remember, his 2019 pre-season was spent at the Tits under that fraud Dan Ferris).

But Keppie definitely wouldn't look out of place as a regular part of our bench. From what we saw late last year that kid is a keeper.

What is everyone's opinion on Levi? I think skill wise probably on par with Ballin.

My main concern is his lack of speed. But he is probably one of the tougher hookers in the game.

I don't think he will set the world on fire but should do a solid job.

I think we can all agree on the starting 13. My bench would be:
Cust/Croker
Jetski
Paseka/Sipley (need the size)
Keppie (no brainer for me)

Cust/Croker and Paseka/Sipley depens most on fitness and whoever is looking fitter.

From what ive seen of him, he's more of an attacking player then Ballin, and speed isnt an issue for him (as also evidenced by youtube clip earlier in the thread).
Whats probably let him down till now is ability to stay in the game mentally for the duration of time on the field, and making the wrong decision at times.

I agree, surely Levi will take some time to learn Des' hooker systems & assume Croker (& Cust & possible ZDC) have been training at #9 so far in the offseason so would be more chance of starting with Levi at #14.
Up until this point I dont think they would have done too much ball playing at training. Its all about fitness up until the xmas break. Levi is an international hooker and I dont think he is going to be too far behind the pack. He will probably be given a simpler role early in the season

1-13 as expected with the inclusion of Levi
14 Cust
15 Keppie
16 Sipley
17 Waddell (only slightly ahead of JetSki because he is a better middle option and Thompson and Siro play 80)

Up until this point I dont think they would have done too much ball playing at training. Its all about fitness up until the xmas break. Levi is an international hooker and I dont think he is going to be too far behind the pack. He will probably be given a simpler role early in the season
He is going to love playing with your beast of a pack.. and turbo up the middle. Hes the best option out of the ones we have and hes so cheap @:D @:D @:D about 50 days till kick off

Bedsy raises a few concerns with his fitness. Body shape changing at 24 years of age what the. We have just had a knight go home saying training at Man wasn't for him. Let's see how he goes after Donny gets him.

Bedsy raises a few concerns with his fitness. Body shape changing at 24 years of age what the. We have just had a knight go home saying training at Man wasn't for him. Let's see how he goes after Donny gets him.
I took that as a positive, he is getting his man strength. Bedsy clearly likes him and you couldn't get a better endorsement for a hooker.

Pack: AFB, Levi, Marty, Thompson, Sironen, Jake T
Bench:
Croker / Cust
Gosiewski
Sipley
Paseka

If as reported Jake & AFB miss the first few games then starting pack:
Sipley, Levi, Marty, Thompson, Gosiewski, Sironen
Bench:
Croker / Cust
Waddell
Paseka
Keppie

Okay. I think I've changed my tune.

I wasn't initially overly keen about getting a hooker from outside, but these arguments seem to have swayed me.

All I want is the young fellas who have come up through the ranks and done the hard yards not be overlooked, become disillusioned and then leave for another team.

I like our Manly lads. Long may they stay and long may we rule.

Pack: AFB, Levi, Marty, Thompson, Sironen, Jake T
Bench:
Croker / Cust
Gosiewski
Sipley
Paseka

If as reported Jake & AFB miss the first few games then starting pack:
Sipley, Levi, Marty, Thompson, Gosiewski, Sironen
Bench:
Croker / Cust
Waddell
Paseka
Keppie
One buck or my left nut , Jake and Afb will start.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hasler doesn't have a close look during the trials at Schuster at 5/8. If he comes up trumps, could be a shock inclusion early in the season.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2