OFFICIAL: HASLER SACKED & SEIBOLD NEW COACH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reading between the lines, Des was aware of the pride jersey round well in advance, poop hit the fan and then he opted to throw others under a bus? This occurred after demanding that he take charge of the press conference making it seem that management/owners were silent? I'm almost certain that this ultimately forms the basis/grounds for his sacking under the 'bringing the club into disrepute' clause.
Let's see.
Apparently he did not know.

I couldn’t understand why they ever brought Hasler back after the way he **** on the club.
Hope the new coach gives younger guys a run and doesn’t stick with a loosing side week in week out and has balls to make changes.
Also hope we get 2 new centres.

Onwards and upwards fresh start, I’m excited.

Typical strategy from a lot of businesses these days, look for a reason to deny a payout and happy for the lawyers to fight it out.
It's a game: on one hand $0 is unreasonable, and on the other the full $950k is unreasonable... voila $450K !! Who'd have thought?

on the other side of the coin, Des probably accepted all conditions as he knew he was out the door either way - but having them sack him probably doubles his payout

I'm not getting into who is right and who wrong. I'm just saying from an outsider's perspective (and that is very important for the health of the club) its a very bad look. Point is Penn and his group have put themselves into a corner here. They sacked a successful coach in Toovey, brought in a novice in Barrett, stuffed up the salary cap, blamed Hasler for Manly's failure this year, despite his success the year before and now claim this is a premiership winning side. I would hate to be in Siebold's or Penn's shoes by season's end 2023 if Manly flounder. Had the chance of allowing a face saving solution without litigation and probable extra heavy costs, and instead decided to renege on the offer made. My impression about how this club is being run is not too favourable. I know there were problems especially regarding recruitment and strategies bringing young players through, and as an amateur I thought Des too conservative, but a year with Siebold as assistant leading to the full coaching role, seemed a sensible way out.

I'm not getting into who is right and who wrong. I'm just saying from an outsider's perspective (and that is very important for the health of the club) its a very bad look. Point is Penn and his group have put themselves into a corner here. They sacked a successful coach in Toovey, brought in a novice in Barrett, stuffed up the salary cap, blamed Hasler for Manly's failure this year, despite his success the year before and now claim this is a premiership winning side. I would hate to be in Siebold's or Penn's shoes by season's end 2023 if Manly flounder. Had the chance of allowing a face saving solution without litigation and probable extra heavy costs, and instead decided to renege on the offer made. My impression about how this club is being run is not too favourable. I know there were problems especially regarding recruitment and strategies bringing young players through, and as an amateur I thought Des too conservative, but a year with Siebold as assistant leading to the full coaching role, seemed a sensible way out.
No doubt front office (on the occasions we had one) has turned to sh!t since the Penn faction won out over Delmege.

We will never know the full true story - not even when the books are written!

Spot on mate. I don't even know what to tell you to try and motivate some positive outcome here. Doesn't matter which coach they bring in, there is still that awful line of command at this club. I mean private ownership CAN work - look at Russell Crowe :(

I'm struggling to stay interested. PLEASE say something mate to keep me plugged in - PLEASE
I have nothing to offer you ..... The joint is a joke.

Just a thought,now it is known that the football department signed off on the jerseys and it would be hard to argue that Des did not know,just maybe the 7 or so guys who backed out of playing and the rest of the group may actually come together more as a unit now they realise Des was playing both sides.
If the Trbojevic brothers can accept the decision and move on then maybe the group can be more united and realise that it was not all management's fault for the jersey fiasco.
As I said,just a thought.

Just a thought,now it is known that the football department signed off on the jerseys and it would be hard to argue that Des did not know,just maybe the 7 or so guys who backed out of playing and the rest of the group may actually come together more as a unit now they realise Des was playing both sides.
If the Trbojevic brothers can accept the decision and move on then maybe the group can be more united and realise that it was not all management's fault for the jersey fiasco.
As I said,just a thought.
I think you’re reading too much into the media’s(Des) spin on the Trbojevic’s situation.The Trbojevic’s manager works with Des’ manager,so they(Des) drummed up a story to garner support for Des’ retention.Like anyone that loves the club,the Trbojevic’s would obviously not be happy with what has gone on,but to suggest they’d walk out the door because a coach,their 3rd coach in their time in First Grade may I add,has been moved on is just a manager stirring the pot

We are a shadow of our former selves. Always will support but the sooner we become professional again the better.
Penn clearly doesn't have the fans at heart,disappointing.
Hope we become a football team again one day instead of a tv drama.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8