• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i dont know if Des will be looking or if he is happy with the Dce and Walks combo.

Foran, Maloney and Blake Green are all off contract for next season. Im not sure how old Maloney is but he'd be my pick on a 1 or 2 year deal depending on his age. I didn't watch him play in super league but he is a winner who can organise a team is a tough bastard and kicks goals. Foran is the best player out of the 3 but he is a big risk.. maybe the right price say 400-450k on a 2 year deal would be worth it. Green is a proven good foil for Dce and on a 2 year deal imo would be better for us going forward (over walker). New 5/8 and walks goes to right center and suli to the left to become the new matai. (Des please bring back matai)

Foran > Maloney
Really ??
Maloney eats him last five years, injury or no injury

none of them are really an answer to our issues. Can’t keep picking stopgaps.Shuster is a great kid who can play multiple positions but no certainty to be a five eight.

We are stuck with a million dollar 5/8 for the next 5 years already...we don't need another one. We need a 7.

Maloney and Foran were great... on their day. Green is the only one out of those 3 that appears to have a decent amount of life left in him.

Foran > Maloney
Really ??
Maloney eats him last five years, injury or no injury

none of them are really an answer to our issues. Can’t keep picking stopgaps.Shuster is a great kid who can play multiple positions but no certainty to be a five eight.
Maybe he could use an experienced player to learn from? I want to see the kid play he was good in the trial

He’s a cracking kid.Star bound Not ready for a play making role yet mentally according to the club but I’d hope he will have 14 on his back sooner rather than later.Where he ends up in the thirteen eventually will be interesting, I can see him as a Wade Graham style player down the track ( with more brilliance) as well as being an option at five eight .

Our bench outside of Keppie is pretty lifeless.

Schuster........if he is seen as an edge backrower rather than 5/8 than sniff around Dearden

We would need to learn from the roosters how to fit someone of a decent value under the salary cap/sombrero

He’s a cracking kid.Star bound Not ready for a play making role yet mentally according to the club but I’d hope he will have 14 on his back sooner rather than later.Where he ends up in the thirteen eventually will be interesting, I can see him as a Wade Graham style player down the track ( with more brilliance) as well as being an option at five eight .

Our bench outside of Keppie is pretty lifeless.
Spot on Susan, he is not a half, and definitely not an organizing half! Will up up like a Wade Graham or reminds me of a Fitler when he played lock or 5/8 He plays off the cusp a lot and has flair, and is a big kid. Monstered them in the U20s. Was a player that sat back for a bit, them when something needed to happen would get the ball in his hands and come up with a big play, go himself, throw a big cut out etc

Spot on Susan, he is not a half, and definitely not an organizing half! Will up up like a Wade Graham or Gift. He plays off the cusp a lot and has flair, and is a big kid. Monstered them in the U20s. Was a player that sat back for a bit, them when something needed to happen would get the ball in his hands and come up with a big play, go himself, throw a big cut out etc

I don’t disagree with what you have said aside from the fact he is yet to play 20’s as he got injured at the end of Harold Matthews. Which to me is the biggest drawback of throwing him into NRL now without any senior footy.

He is not in the discussion for 5/8 right now due mainly to the mental toughness required of a young playmaker and he’s not ready for that.
14 is a different kettle of fish. Think we will see him there later on this season.
Of course some consistent drubbings ( not likely under a Hasler regime ) may change that but I don’t think Josh will be our saviour in the six this season despite his talent

.And I’m finally convinced Chez is a six so that means 7 is the recruitment / young talent issue now.Arguing about his pay check is irrelevant. He’s there , he’s not going anywhere and the sooner they treat him as an attacking, running six and not a Cronk the better. He is what he is now in his career and it’s so damn obvious. Of course he has to be accountable and lift but I’ve given up on him being our next premiership halfback.

.Cherry will be a sensational six if someone can play the other side with a kicking game. Fainu also gave Chez so much second phase ball on the right last year plus a few dummy half kicks .... it’s not only TT missing our Manase.He is a damn good footballer our skipper but not a 7.

The other reason 14 is a chance for a Schuster is simple - our bench is so damn average. Gives us nothing right now other than maybe Keppie.Jetski Paseks Boyle Waddell etc would not even be in the hunt at the top clubs playing like they are now
Cust showed a little last week... maybe .. not sure but at least he offers something off the monkey .

Our weak bench also illustrates something else -how damn good our starting non hooker forwards are!. I would swap them for no other pack.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree with what you have said aside from the fact he is yet to play 20’s as he got injured at the end of Harold Matthews. Which to me is the biggest drawback of throwing him into NRL now without any senior footy.
Exactly. NRL is a different league. Got to be careful bringing Albert through too. Both should start in reserves first when it finally gets going again. Pretty sure both hoppa and schuster will be NRL standard when the time comes

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4