Game Day: NYC2017 SF1 - Manly v Cronulla

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Club going to right direction. Smiley looks nrl to me big strong fast aggressive.
Tom wright certainly has X factor all over him. IMO long term we don't need to spend 800k on Moylan.
With Sg ball boom kids to come through it's all coming together

Its a good worry to have i suppose but T wright, Metcalf, and the maybe signing of Moylan we're do you fit them all in .
That's the problem foreshadowed in earlier posts about signing Moylan. Why would Tom Wright stay at Manly if Moylan was recruited? That's just blocking his progression through the ranks.
Manly took a calculated gamble picking Tom Turbo at 19 years of age to be our No. 1 fullback. Ditto Cleary at The 'Riff. Parker proved at 19 he was good enough for NRL.
There are several players in this Under 20s team who should be seriously considered for our top team in 2018. 'Tuna' could be our first grade centre. And 'Tent' wasn't playing tonight. He looks a certainty for a bench spot next season.

That's the problem foreshadowed in earlier posts about signing Moylan. Why would Tom Wright stay at Manly if Moylan was recruited? That's just blocking his progression through the ranks.
Manly took a calculated gamble picking Tom Turbo at 19 years of age to be our No. 1 fullback. Ditto Cleary at The 'Riff. Parker proved at 19 he was good enough for NRL.
There are several players in this Under 20s team who should be seriously considered for our top team in 2018. 'Tuna' could be our first grade centre. And 'Tent' wasn't playing tonight. He looks a certainty for a bench spot next season.

Is it possible that tom wright could play wing or centre looks a big lump of a kid and he has some speed?

Is it possible that tom wright could play wing or centre looks a big lump of a kid and he has some speed?

He could be a centre from what i have seen attack wise but if that is where the club wants to go then he needs to start playing there so he can learn to defend there ASAP

I did hear from someone who is connected with Tom that they wanted to blood him as a centre for late this year instead of 5/8 in NRL but obviously injuries etc stopped that. Now with Funa ready to go with Parker it won't be as centre.

Fainu has been a standout in our juniors for several years and great to see a development kid come through. So slick at hooker and with a nice kicking game he can go really far with more coaching.

Smalley is dynamic, must be kept. His leg drive and work rate plus toughness is obvious. Kiwi right side centre who came from Cronulla late this year Kioa is interesting in size and speed so we will see.

I like the half Cust but too slow and that is such a a shame. The big lock can definitely develop, interesting that he didn't have a team at start of the year and that he drove the boys to training and was then asked to trial!!!

Tarrant is as tough as they come. I still think his leg speed is slow and that concerns me. I know Tarrant would have lots of metres from yesterday but just my thoughts. Same with the other prop. We saw with Myles about not being fast enough to make quality metres but Tarrant's tackling and work ethic is impressive.

Keith Titmuss is a prop rugby player brought over with a lot of upside. I know union didn't want to let him go. To come off the bench in 20's in his 1st year (promoted with Fenn from SG BALL) is eye opening and obviously they rate him.

Remember we have the best crop of Matt's kids coming through. Schuster the 2nd rower, Young Hoppa at fullback, Ben T at centre/2nd row, a talented 5/8 in Weekes and two amazing props in Filimaua and Tuitavake.

Does anyone know where they keep any highlights of the match? Nothing I can see on the nrl app

It is replayed on Fox League on The convenient time of 5.30 am on Tuesday

The game at Holden cup level flows. It is all about no defense from teams but it is pure rugby league and the players mostly decide games. The NRL is really quite a farce. I was at last nights game. Radradra takes a bomb clean and sprints 95 metres to score and they send it upstairs to the bunker, whats the point in doing that? It really frustrates the fans at the game when it is a 100 percent try like that.

I did hear from someone who is connected with Tom that they wanted to blood him as a centre for late this year instead of 5/8 in NRL but obviously injuries etc stopped that. Now with Funa ready to go with Parker it won't be as centre.

Fainu has been a standout in our juniors for several years and great to see a development kid come through. So slick at hooker and with a nice kicking game he can go really far with more coaching.

Smalley is dynamic, must be kept. His leg drive and work rate plus toughness is obvious. Kiwi right side centre who came from Cronulla late this year Kioa is interesting in size and speed so we will see.

I like the half Cust but too slow and that is such a a shame. The big lock can definitely develop, interesting that he didn't have a team at start of the year and that he drove the boys to training and was then asked to trial!!!

Tarrant is as tough as they come. I still think his leg speed is slow and that concerns me. I know Tarrant would have lots of metres from yesterday but just my thoughts. Same with the other prop. We saw with Myles about not being fast enough to make quality metres but Tarrant's tackling and work ethic is impressive.

Keith Titmuss is a prop rugby player brought over with a lot of upside. I know union didn't want to let him go. To come off the bench in 20's in his 1st year (promoted with Fenn from SG BALL) is eye opening and obviously they rate him.

Remember we have the best crop of Matt's kids coming through. Schuster the 2nd rower, Young Hoppa at fullback, Ben T at centre/2nd row, a talented 5/8 in Weekes and two amazing props in Filimaua and Tuitavake.
Want to mention that smalley and kioa only turned 18 this year. Also titmuss only turned 17 this year so some really good prospects there

Had a couple of defensive lapses last night but the Manly 20 "s overall defense has improved out of sight recently if last night"s performance was any indication . Be interesting to know the availability of guys like Paseka , Bainbridge and that other Martin brother for next week but even with the available side last night , they have certainly progressed and have been well drilled into a really good competitive team at this level . Coach Wayne Lamkin apparently has a good record with mentoring and improving R . L . junior teams and does seem to have done a top job with this current Manly 20 "s playing group .

Had a couple of defensive lapses last night but the Manly 20 "s overall defense has improved out of sight recently if last night"s performance was any indication . Be interesting to know the availability of guys like Paseka , Bainbridge and that other Martin brother for next week but even with the available side last night , they have certainly progressed and have been well drilled into a really good competitive team at this level . Coach Wayne Lamkin apparently has a good record with mentoring and improving R . L . junior teams and does seem to have done a top job with this current Manly 20 "s playing group .

Martin is back next week from suspension. Paseka's knee injury was 6 weeks so unless he is a really quick healer we won't see him if we make the gf. Same with Bainbridge his cracked sternum means he will not be ready again this year.

Interesting comparison between this Sharks minor premiers team and the Manly minor premiers of 2009 (DCE, Foran, JWH, Lussick, Buhrer and Oldfield)

The Sharks finished on 43 points with +474 for and against. After losing in the last two rounds they went out the back door with back to back finals losses.

In 2009, Manly finished on 43 points with +460 for and against and then went out in straight sets in the finals. The difference for Manly was that they were forced to play their first semi (1 v 8) in Canberra. Something to do with the various finals teams and scheduling but a real rip off for a minor premier. They had a kick from the sideline after the bell to win the game but it missed. They lost in golden point 32-28. They then had to play Brisbane in Brisbane I believe and lost that 24-10.

The other difference is that Manly had 2nd and 3rd only one point behind them on the ladder. The Sharks were 7 points clear.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...to-join-manly-sea-eagles-20150822-gj5dt0.html

Wright was bought in to replace Fiz at 5/8

He has filled out a lot compared to his first year :nod:
NRL FOX.......

While signing the younger Moylan may put Wright’s No.6 aspirations on the backburner for the time being, foxsports.com.au understands that the young gun has been told by Barrett that he is in the club’s immediate plans as a centre.

That possible positional switch was put to Wright after his semi-final heroics and he confirmed he was open to a move to the three-quarters if it could accelerate his development.

“If I move into the centres, I’ll do a bit of work there in the pre-season,” Wright told foxsports.com.au.

“I’ll learn of Dylan Walker, Brian Kelly has obviously had a breakout year learning off Dylan.

“There’s obviously a big void to fill with Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai being legends of the game.

“That’s a position that’s highly regarded. Anyone who fills that jersey has to do a really good job so I have a big job ahead of me if I was to move there.”

For the time being however, Wright is enjoying a role on the ball and he’s making the most of it, leading the Sea Eagles into an unlikely preliminary final berth against the Dragons next week.

“I just like having my hands on the footy,” he said.

If they are thinking of playing Wright at centre then they need to get Skivvi back to spend an off season with him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10