Game Day: NYC2017 SF1 - Manly v Cronulla

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man

IMG_20170912_154029.jpg

Game Day

Saturday September 16
ANZ Stadium

Gates Open: 4:45pm

NYC 5.00pm(Fox)

1 Jade Anderson
2 Alfred Smalley
3 Tevita Funa
4 Semisi Kioa
5 Bilal Maarbani
6 Tom Wright
7 Kurtis Preece
8 Jaiden Tarrant
9 Manase Fainu (C)
10 Elia Faatui
11 Blake Andrews
12 Josh Martin
13 Haumole Olakauátu

14 Cade Cust
15 Billy Bainbridge
16 Zaan Weatherall
17 John Tuivati

18 Mark Tepu-Smith
19 Keith Titmuss
20 Luke Polselli
21 Jospeh Ma'u
22 Kaine McQuiggin
23 Michael Fenn

IMG_20170916_184319.jpg

Saturday at Allianz Stadium - 2:30pm(Fox)

Manly v Dragons in Holden Cup prelim final

IMG_20170916_190851.jpg

Manly's future stars :clap:

Last edited:
Its a tough ask against the Cronulla side that has been by far the stand out team in this comp. Anderson and Wright will have to be at their very best.

'Tent' still out with a knee injury. Pity.
The two leading teams in this comp both got beaten on the weekend. I wonder if there were any Vidiot howlers?

Manase Fainu and Cade Cust controlled the game superbly on the weekend. Thought our forwards outclassed the cowboys, our two starting props Fatui and Tarrant we're awesome. The simple things they do is never noticed but they dominated their opposites by simply out working them and laid the platform. The backs capitalised and played of the back of this. I reckon we will go in with the same side as last week, with Joseph ma'u and Keith titmuss replacing Weatherall and Bainbridge. Will be a tough ask but we only lost by 4 point to the sharks in round 16.

Still a good player....that Anderson who has replaced him is a gun....will not be surprised to see him in top grade over the next 2 years.
Not sure what you see in him, his attack was average on the weekend, he's quite quick but nothing standout special. He was with the Dogs and now us. Sounds a bit like Nicho Hynes who everyone rated last year and never been seen since. Polselli has always been solid but not convincing at fullback.

Not sure what you see in him, his attack was average on the weekend, he's quite quick but nothing standout special. He was with the Dogs and now us. Sounds a bit like Nicho Hynes who everyone rated last year and never been seen since. Polselli has always been solid but not convincing at fullback.

I've only seen a little of Anderson and Polselli, so my comments are based on limited knowledge. What I've seen of Anderson, suggests to me that he is a standout in the U20s. Strong, fast, good defender, gets involved, low on mistakes and seems to make the right attacking decisions. I think he'd make an ideal wing man and cover for full back. Polselli's problem in my mind is he is a bit small, frail looking. But he's got a good football brain and like Anderson, seems to make the right attacking decisions. Plays a little like a second five eighth when at full back. But in my mind needs to beef up considerably before considering his likely worth for first grade.

The Sea Eagles 20's over the season have managed to develop into a pretty solid playing group . The backs in particular have some real talent and with Polselli [ an excellent young footballer ] not included , is an indication of this . Blake Andrews in the back row and for those not familiar, is a converted centre . The 13 Olakauatu runs some good lines , Fainu is all class and the other forwards are certainly willing goers. The side will have to still step up though to match the Sharks and with the fact that they were minor premiers and it will be interesting to see how young Metcalf goes .[ I have only seen him play briefly and looks more suited as a half back]. A couple of years ago , Bob Fulton when he took on the role of football director or whatever , stated that he definitely intended to improve the playing strength and standard of all Manly junior teams . looks like this is going in the right direction at present .

Many fast players in Holden cup but this kid has some vital extra's.
Times his runs, plays direct - not using his speed just to go around players as many players do even at the top level, sound defender, safe under the high ball....I better stop before putting the mock on the kid before tomorrow's game!!
Also like the 2 centres, the dummy half and the pack are willing workers.
Sharks will turn up so only the very best Manly have played will do to compete.
The Sharks halves are key to shut down quickly - Flanagan and Metcalfe...the new Manly signing are key - their best foward is out suspended this week.

Many fast players in Holden cup but this kid has some vital extra's.
Times his runs, plays direct - not using his speed just to go around players as many players do even at the top level, sound defender, safe under the high ball....I better stop before putting the mock on the kid before tomorrow's game!!
Have seen almost no 20s this year but happened to catch a few minutes of a game a couple of months ago, and the commentator was saying our goal-kicker had just about the best kicking style he'd ever seen. Pretty sure it was Anderson they were talking about. (Sure enough he missed that goal!)

Anyone going to out to watch our under 20's, where are people sitting want to sit with a few manly fans.

I am going to see the game. I will do my best to stay away from the rent a mob Whinger fans, probably head behind the goal posts at the northern end to support our kids who without question are outsiders today. They are a bit of a rocks and diamonds team, so the beauty is you are just not sure what team will turn up today. One thing for sure, they have had their moments this season. Looking forward to seeing them and then putting a curse on the Whinging worms and their rent a mob!!

I am going to see the game. I will do my best to stay away from the rent a mob Whinger fans, probably head behind the goal posts at the northern end to support our kids who without question are outsiders today. They are a bit of a rocks and diamonds team, so the beauty is you are just not sure what team will turn up today. One thing for sure, they have had their moments this season. Looking forward to seeing them and then putting a curse on the Whinging worms and their rent a mob!!
100 percent agree with this

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6