Game Day: NYC2017 PF2 - Manly v Dragons

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
2015 U20s Frand Final Riff 34-18

PEN-LUteams.jpg

1. Brent Naden 2. Fuimanu Enise 3. Robert Jennings 4. Maliko Filino 5. Dylan Edwards 6.Tyrone May 7. Jarome Luai 8. Oliver Clark 9. Soni Luke 10. Moses Leota 11. James Fisher-Harris 12. Corey Harawira 13. Reed Izzard
Interchange: 14. Kade Ellis 15. Thompson Tuigamala 16. Paea Pua 17. Jake Ennis

MAN-LUteams.jpg

1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jesse Bogle 3. Addison Demetriou 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Mitch Thomas 6.Will Pearsall 7. Riley Travers 8. Liam Knight 9. Hugh Pratt 10. Jesse Maxwell 11. Luke Garner 12. Billy Bainbridge 13. Darcy Cox
Interchange: 14. Nicholas Lynn 15. James Parker 16. Dallas Koen 17. Moses Noovao-McGreal 18. Jyi Seymour

Manly have just 2 from the NYC two years ago :(

It's like a game of where are they now tbh....1 fulltime 1st grader amongst our lot, with a few fill-ins.

I'm not going to make this "ridiculous statement" based off of one off performance am I. If you are oblivious to the fact he is inconsistent and falls in and out of games than I will call your statement a "ridiculous statement". He has flaws in his game and his consistency that needs to be heavily worked on, we just can't presume that he's picture perfect based off of some glimpes, perhaps even games of brilliance, and we certainly can't make a judgement on whether he can be a part of the first grade until he fixes these flaws

I'm not having a dig at you, and I'm not hating on Wright, who I am a fan of, but we just can't ignore his bad side

re-read your own comment.

"Only watched the latter stages of the game. Although my suspicions of Tom Wright being rocks and diamonds were proved."

You had "suspicions" he was rocks and diamonds which apparently "were proved" even though you "only watched the latter stages of the game". Again it is a ridiculous statement on more than one count. Firstly you could confirm your suspicions based on just the latter stages of the game and secondly that he was at all rocks today. Yes he was diamonds last week, but no way can any player do that week in week out. Today he didn't dominate, he was quiet. But he was hardly dreadful. Didnt see anywhere near the ball the left side did and rightfully so as I have said we were destroying them through Cust and Haumole. His defence was solid. He stripped the ball in a one one one when the fullback was about to score. He made a good decision on the last which released smalley down the right flank and unfortunately smalley just died with the ball. He put in a couple of decent cross field kicks, he found touch when we had defended multiple sets to give our boys a breather, he controlled his edge. Is he the finished product, no far from it. Although it seems the expectations are (at least from you) that he needs to score 3 tries a week to not be considered rocks. Have a look at Dalys stats on 8 occasions this year he didnt contribute a try or try assist and in all bar one of these games(70m) ran for 45m or less. Rocks and Diamonds? no its the nature of a half they will have dominant games and quiet games. And yes Tom has had a rocks game or two like any half, although his quiet games are nowhere near as bad as they were, today included.

Last edited:
In reality 20% of this squad will make regular 1sts, and that is being generous.
Most years around 60 players graduate into NRL from 20s. So around 4 a team although normally the numbers are higher in the top teams than those at the bottom of the table. so 20% is fair call maybe even another one or two for this years premiers ;) .

re-read your own comment.

"Only watched the latter stages of the game. Although my suspicions of Tom Wright being rocks and diamonds were proved."

You had "suspicions" he was rocks and diamonds which apparently "were proved" even though you "only watched the latter stages of the game". Again it is a ridiculous statement on more than one count. Firstly you could confirm your suspicions based on just the latter stages of the game and secondly that he was at all rocks today. Yes he was diamonds last week, but no way can any player do that week in week out. Today he didn't dominate, he was quiet. But he was hardly dreadful. Didnt see anywhere near the ball the left side did and rightfully so as I have said we were destroying them through Cust and Haumole. His defence was solid. He stripped the ball in a one one one when the fullback was about to score. He made a good decision on the last which released smalley down the right flank and unfortunately smalley just died with the ball. He put in a couple of decent cross field kicks, he found touch when we had defended multiple sets to give our boys a breather, he controlled his edge. Is he the finished product, no far from it. Although it seems the expectations are (at least from you) that he needs to score 3 tries a week to not be considered rocks. Have a look at Dalys stats on 8 occasions this year he didnt contribute a try or try assist and in all bar one of these games(70m) ran for 45m or less. Rocks and Diamonds? no its the nature of a half they will have dominant games and quiet games. And yes Tom has had a rocks game or two like any half, although his quiet games are nowhere near as bad as they were, today included.
Ok, change suspicions to "my opinion that he was rocks and diamonds was further proved". Think you are still being denying the fact he is heavily inconsistent. He's been rated too highly seeing that he needs a lot of work before he can get near first grade, especially should he be in a key role

I understand that players can't keep realistic standards of being world beaters every game although they can still at least look present. He just goes absolutely missing if he's not having a star showing

I have seen plenty of Tom Wright and he has had more bad showings than good, however, the good showings have overshadowed, even hid, his poor showings. I want him to succeed at manly and he can be a great player but it's obvious he isn't ready or deserving yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Great for the u20's to the grand final our colours will be there on the big day as they should be GO MANLY

The key with this team is that they are actually a 'team' not just relying massively on one or two players.

It was nice hearing Fainu interviewed after the match. He sounded humble and nervous in front of the camera & mic. A far cry from some of the over confident kids you see in u20s.

He showed he means business though when asked if he'll sit back and watch the other semi. He said 'who ever wins we'll go them!'

I am just home from the SFS after a long day and evening of football. I am marveling about how well our Holden cup team has done. To make a grand final after finishing 8th is a testament to their ability and spirit. They are playing without fear and having a great run.

I would like to comment on Tommy Wright. What was so pleasing about the win today is that Tommy did not have a dominant game and the team won well. This team has a very good spine and others stepped up today. We are lucky to have them.

The hero today was our halfback Cust and young hooker who ran the show for us.

I watched with interest the Whingers v Riff game and there is no doubt we will have our hands full next weekend. The Whingers are a powerful team and I just know that if the kids repeat what they have done over the last 3 weeks, we are every chance.

I will be at Homebush next Sunday to cheer the kids on and I really really hope that the club looks after these kids, unlike 2015 when we let the majority of them go. We have some really talented youngsters and we MUST retain the key players.

I also hope that the Penns get behind and celebrate this team and fete them because we were informed that the 2015 team did not get the recognition. Time for the club to get behind these boys as they have produced a miracle to get to this grand final.

Well done lads, you have done the Maroon and White jersey proud!!!

Next week will be Manly's first appearance in the decider since 2015 (1), while they are the first eighth-placed side to reach the grand final since the Warriors carved up the competition in 2014.

(1) - Well that isn't that long ago really....2 years!

Even the warriors' efforts are only 3 years ago.....

Time really is a relative concept.

Well done Manly lads! Your victory song sounds like the first graders singing it with the recording sped up. lol

Ugh - The eels made the gf as well.

Was a great win for the Manly 20's yesterday and certainly in the manner of their well deserved win . The way that they overcame the Dragons momentum and the fatigue factor when the game was in the balance during most of the second half does speak volumes for their fighting spirit and determined will to win . To finish well over the top of some quality opposition for the third consecutive week and as others have remarked , is a real credit to their commitment , playing ability and the diligent coaching staff . Some excellent individual performances but also importantly of course they are combining very well as a team and with the same application and focus and their share of the 50 - 50 calls , they will be a real chance for next week"s decider .

(1) - Well that isn't that long ago really....2 years!

Even the warriors' efforts are only 3 years ago.....

Time really is a relative concept.

Well done Manly lads! Your victory song sounds like the first graders singing it with the recording sped up. lol

Ugh - The eels made the gf as well.
A year is an eternity to young people!

So the slime filth stand in our way. How sweet it will be to shatter them once again.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11