NSW SOO 111 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He won't.  Tell me who he's going to get over in the Qld pack.  He's pedestrian at best.  I don't know of any poster who thinks any one of our pack is putting it in week in week out besides Rodney and Joe when they get on the park.  The selectors have rocks for heads. 

The Cronulla Sharks have the largest number of reps in the starting side........Nuff said.......Qld by 30+

For the record a heres a QLD Second XVII from players not playing including those injured

1 Bowen
2 Yow Yea
3 Hodges
4 Tate
5 Neislen
6 Rogers
7 Prince
8 Price
9 Ballin
10 Webb
11 Parker
12 Crocker
13 Stagg

14 Lillyman
15 Kaufusi
16 Teo
17 Lowe

DSM5 link said:
He won't.  Tell me who he's going to get over in the Qld pack.  He's pedestrian at best.  I don't know of any poster who thinks any one of our pack is putting it in week in week out besides Rodney and Joe when they get on the park.  The selectors have rocks for heads. 

6 weeks ago I could have asked you your thoughts on Shillington and Scott and received those same musings from you about them

He will go well imo

bob dylan link said:
For the record a heres a QLD Second XVII from players not playing including those injured

1 Bowen
2 Yow Yea
3 Hodges
4 Tate
5 Neislen
6 Rogers
7 Prince
8 Price
9 Ballin
10 Webb
11 Parker
12 Crocker
13 Stagg

14 Lillyman
15 Kaufusi
16 Teo
17 Lowe

That team would flog any blues outfit,especially if Farah was in the sky blue,complete hog

Shane link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=183795.msg270655#msg270655 date=1277797392]

1 Bowen
2 Yow Yea
3 Hodges
4 Tate
5 Neislen
6 Rogers
7 Prince
8 Price
9 Ballin
10 Webb
11 Parker
12 Crocker
13 Stagg

14 Lillyman
15 Kaufusi
16 Teo
17 Lowe

That team would flog any blues outfit,especially if Farah was in the sky blue,complete hog
[/quote]

you could have tuqiri in there too

In a way you've got to feel sorry for the NSW selectors, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. In the modern game they talk about the importance of the spine, the 1,6,7 and 9. In Slater, Lockyer, Thurston and Smith, Qld have world class players in these spots, these 4 would be walk up starters in any side picked. Name me one player eligible for NSW who you would consider a walk up starter in any spot in the 17, let alone one of these key positions. There isn't any as far as I can see. When you add in players like Inglis, 70c, Thaiday, Boyd, Folau, etc, is it any wonder we are struggling to compete with the Morons.

What are the selectors supposed to do when there is no one knocking down the door. We've all got our ideas of what team we would like, and they are wide and varied because of the lack of top quality players. For every Ennis fan there are equal amount of Farah fans, show me a Dugan fan and I'll show you just as many Hayne and Gidley fans. Like Jennings ? plenty like Lawrence and Morris. I think they should have bitten the bullet and gone for as much youth as possible. If they picked a couple of experienced guys like Lewis, Gallen, and Bird (at 5/8), guys who still have some years ahead of them, but have experience at this level and have competed pretty well, then build a team of young guys around them. Let's see if some youthful enthusiasm and raw skill can be turned into something.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
And Bob the SECOND picked team would still win!

You're dreaming mate.

Not the team I would pick, but the young blokes will be fired up and ready to play.

My team would be

Hayne
Morris
Idris
Lawrence
Jennings
Soward
Pearce
Snowden
Farah
Waterhouse
Lewis
Watmough
Gallen

Bird
Mannah
Douglas
Learoyd Lahrs

Does anyone else realise why Conulla have been the worst team for 2 years.

Its because Douglas, & Snowden and co cant get over any pack other than the Eels.

bob dylan link said:

Its because Douglas, & Snowden and co cant get over any pack other than the Eels.

This coming after our pack had their asses handed to them by a 20yo Prop from Penrith. Tim Grant made our boys look like reserve graders on friday night. King, Perry and Kite couldn't break the line with a crowbar. Georgie and Glenno are the only 2 forwards we have worth feeding at the moment.

The Sharks suck because their halves couldn't create a warm milo following directions written in crayon. Douglas, Snowden (and Grant) are easily the best props under 25 in NSW.

"If they picked a couple of experienced guys like Lewis, Gallen, and Bird (at 5/8), guys who still have some years ahead of them, but have experience at this level and have competed pretty well, then build a team of young guys around them. Let's see if some youthful enthusiasm and raw skill can be turned into something"

VERY true C & C, and something the NSW selectors should have done 4 years ago after we lost the first of 5, one thing the Queenslanders do much better is pick some young guys and surround them with FOGS who inspire them, teach them and stick behind them regardless...and as we can see it pays off.

You may not agree that the second QLD side would still win, but I reckon they would...they just have far more committment and passion...as much as that is sad to say!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
\"If they picked a couple of experienced guys like Lewis, Gallen, and Bird (at 5/8), guys who still have some years ahead of them, but have experience at this level and have competed pretty well, then build a team of young guys around them. Let's see if some youthful enthusiasm and raw skill can be turned into something\"

VERY true C & C, and something the NSW selectors should have done 4 years ago after we lost the first of 5, one thing the Queenslanders do much better is pick some young guys and surround them with FOGS who inspire them, teach them and stick behind them regardless...and as we can see it pays off.
This is exactly the right formula. And that is why I hate the Blue's selectors so much based on their total incompetence.

If they stuck with Pearce I would have no problem, but Bird is fine and throw Carney there as well. If they put Hayne or Duggan in their right position - no problem. If they had picked the most explosive NSW centre in Jennings and had stuck with him - no problem. Make it Ennis or Farrar, there is bee's dick between them - but stick with them. I want the centres to be centres, I want wingers to be wingers, I want a genuine fullback, I want a back row with some mettle and at least one who is explosive, I want more than one bloody recognised prop. I don't want White, Waterhouse or Kidley.

Picking players because they are your mates out of position then resorting to wholesale changes after every game will see huge defeats. Rant over.

I partly agree with you Mark.
One thing I have noticed is that the NSW team doesn't seem to take a loss personally. After the SOO2 game I was watching the players shaking hands and walking off the field, they were smiling and giggling. This made me sick, and I wanted to rip my tv off the wall and kick it off the Manly Wharf!!
Hopefully the NSW FOGS can take our young blokes under their wings, and Blocker, Wombat, Sirro, Mario etc, can teach these blokes what Origin means to so many people. Our current team needs to realise that it really is "State vs State" and "Mate vs Mate". None of this pat your club team mate on the back crap, on that field, if he's not wearing the same jumper as you, you should be saying hello with your shoulders, and goodbye with a glare and the dirt from your boots. NSW main objective should be to inflict as much pain to QLD as possible, both on the turf and on the scoreboard.

The problem with the NSW fogs is just that, they're fogs.  Fuqued old guys.  Blocker is an idiot, Elias always a cheat, Sirro a dumbarse, Mario a big head.  Where's the credibility in any of these numbnuts?  As long as you have these relics from the darkages as 'fogs' and old selectors, you'll never poke your heads through the selection cloud and see daylight and talent.

Mick Juice link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=183795.msg270730#msg270730 date=1277816781]

This coming after our pack had their asses handed to them by a 20yo Prop from Penrith. Tim Grant made our boys look like reserve graders on friday night. King, Perry and Kite couldn't break the line with a crowbar. Georgie and Glenno are the only 2 forwards we have worth feeding at the moment.

The Sharks suck because their halves couldn't create a warm milo following directions written in crayon. Douglas, Snowden (and Grant) are easily the best props under 25 in NSW.
[/quote]

Interesting that you blame the Cronulla halves when one is the current Origin captain, I will agree Time Smith is pathetic.

Forwards win matches no halfbacks. as you suggested with Penrith Tim Grant. Look at the Cowboys for a good example of a great half, behind a dog pack. Or the other extreme a good pack with an average half St George and Hornby

Mick Juice link said:
I partly agree with you Mark.
One thing I have noticed is that the NSW team doesn't seem to take a loss personally. After the SOO2 game I was watching the players shaking hands and walking off the field, they were smiling and giggling. This made me sick, and I wanted to rip my tv off the wall and kick it off the Manly Wharf!!
Hopefully the NSW FOGS can take our young blokes under their wings, and Blocker, Wombat, Sirro, Mario etc, can teach these blokes what Origin means to so many people. Our current team needs to realise that it really is \"State vs State\" and \"Mate vs Mate\". None of this pat your club team mate on the back crap, on that field, if he's not wearing the same jumper as you, you should be saying hello with your shoulders, and goodbye with a glare and the dirt from your boots. NSW main objective should be to inflict as much pain to QLD as possible, both on the turf and on the scoreboard.
And why should the NSW boys take it so personal, they are neither ignorant nor are they in-bred hillbillies who think we are at war with all those north of the border.
A state line is arbitrary and in many ways irrelevant. The only reason Queenslanders fire up about it is because of the history whereby for many years NSW forced Queensland's best to play for NSW and help thrash their own home state. No wonder they were pissed off. What has NSW got to be pissed off about?

The concept worked best when NSW had the most talent and that was a good balance against Qld's greater motivation. Now Qld has both.

It is a giant circus that makes a lot of money and the players are the gladiators who perform, I am not surprised their is a fair amount of camaraderie amongst them after the game. (except for lunatics like O'Donnell probably)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6