NSW Origin team [Game 1, 2018] - General discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Aitken
5. TTurbo
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. RCG
11. Frizell
12. Cordner
13. JTurbo

14. Peachy
15. Crichton
16. JDBellend
17. Fifita

Fifita has committed to Tonga (at this stage) and therefore won't be picked in Origin.

ricardo

Bencher
Fifita has committed to Tonga (at this stage) and therefore won't be picked in Origin.

He’s made himself available for game 1 & 3. Tonga have a game making him unavailable for 2. I doubt he will be picked but he’s openly announced he is able to be picked (some weird tier2 country rule which allows them to play for country and a state, ala Api).

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
He’s made himself available for game 1 & 3. Tonga have a game making him unavailable for 2. I doubt he will be picked but he’s openly announced he is able to be picked (some weird tier2 country rule which allows them to play for country and a state, ala Api).
Yeah true mate, i did read he was available for 1and 3 but NSW said all or nothing.

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
That was an awesome head to head tonight! One of the best I have seen in ages. Latrell was unstoppable in the first half but all The Jet needed was a bit of space and he was away. And they got stuck into each other too - Great stuff!

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
I know mine will be nowhere near the side picked but I rarely ever follow the sheeple’s choice.

Mine is:

Turbo
Clint Gutherson
James Roberts
Euan Aitken
Latrell Mitchell
James Maloney
Nathan Cleary
Paul Vaughn
Api
Shannon Boyd
Josh Jackson
Tyson Frizell
Jake Turbo (c)

Damien Cook
David Klemmer
Tariq Sims
Reagan Campbell-Gillard

TimmyQ

Bencher
If Turbo got picked at fullback imagine the howlers he would come up with defending grubbers all night behind the line.
For his confidence I hope he doesn’t get selected at full back for a few years.
Agreed - Tedesco and Slater are the two best fullbacks at cleaning up the loose ball on the deck. Teddy mightn't be firing for the Roosters but in the NSW setup he'll be fine. I think Latrell has so much X factor and Aitken is just a pocket rocket so I reckon Tommy scores the other wing spot.

Eagle thru 'n' thru

Reserve Grader
James Tedesco
Josh Addo-Carr
Latrell Mitchell
Euan Aitken
James Roberts
James Maloney
Nathan Cleary/Adam Reynolds
David Klemmer
Damien Cook
Paul Vaughan
Boyd Cordner
Tyson Frizell
Jake Trbojevic

R. C-Gillard
Ryan James
Jack De Balin
Api Koroisau

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not that I care too much for Gasnier. But here is his Blues side. Notably he wants Jake captain, even with Cordner in the side.

MARK GASNIER’S BLUES

1 James Tedesco

2 Josh Addo-Carr

3 Latrell Mitchell

4 James Roberts

5 Tom Trbojevic

6 James Maloney

7 Luke Keary

8 Jake Trbojevic (c)

9 Cameron McInnes

10 Reagan Campbell-Gillard

11 Tyson Frizell

12 Boyd Cordner

13 Jack de Belin

14 Damien Cook

15 Trent Merrin

16 Aaron Woods

17 David Klemmer

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
When do they announce the side ? is it after this weekend's games ?

I still think our weakness is the centres, none of the available options really float my boat. I'd accept Aitken as a defensive stopper on Inglis, but at left centre there's no real standout. Mitchell is lazy and I don't think he has what it takes for Origin yet. Not sure there are many other choices TBH though, so he almost gets it by default.

Maloney and Cleary for halves. There's no way Moses is within a bulls roar of Origin standard. Brooks, Keary, Reynolds ......nah. Moylan could be a bolter ?

I think McInnes for hooker. We just need a solid 80 minute tackler who doesn't get too fancy. Good service and let halves do the work.

I think we need a bit of an attacking option off the bench with utility value. Wade Graham supplied that last year, so I'd cop him again. Or maybe Peachey. Gutho as a smokey - can cover most of the backline and Maloney could push into dummy half if we lose McInnes.

Forwards - RGC, Klemmer, Jake, Cordner (need some experience), Frizell. Then not sure for 3 benchies - I don't mind Josh Jackson no nonsense style, or Finucane as back row. 2 props from experience of Woods, Merrin or Tamou and some young blood in DeBelin, Vaughn or Boyd. Is Lodge a blue ??

brad

First Grader
At the moment it looks like the Turbros will both be there going on the last couple of weeks. If Dce keeps tearing it up, he'll have to be at least picked on the bench for origin 1. So we'll most likely be losing these 3 for the series in some shape or form . Walker should be back to slot into 6 and suli to continue his apprenticeship with Kelly in the centres.

brad

First Grader
Fergerson looks like he will hold down a wing spot with the fox on the other . Turbo to miss out for game 1.

deanm

Reserve Grader
Saw this on Facebook - So it must be true!

#BREAKING
LEAKED NSW SIDE FOR GAME I

1. James Tedesco (Sydney Roosters)
2. Josh Addo-Carr (Melbourne Storm)
3. Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters)
4. James Roberts (Brisbane Broncos)
5. Blake Ferguson (Sydney Roosters)
6. Luke Keary (Sydney Roosters)
7. James Maloney (Penrith Panthers)
8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Penrith Panthers)
9. Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
10. David Klemmer (Canterbury Bulldogs)
11. Boyd Cordner (c) (Sydney Roosters)
12. Tyson Frizell (St George Illawarra Dragons)
13. Jake Trbojevic (Manly Sea Eagles)
14. Tyrone Peachy (Penrith Panthers)
15. Paul Vaughn (St George Illawarra Dragons)
16. Wade Graham (Cronulla Sharks)
17. Jack De Belin (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17