NSW Origin team [Game 1, 2018] - General discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

The Who

Journey Man
I hear, third hand, that this will be the team (from a source who claims to have inside knowledge). It certainly is not the team I'd select: Apparently only three players from the 2017 team will be retained: Cordner, Jake Turbo and Frizell. My source couldn't remember the other second rower or second winger.
1. Tom Turbo
2. Ado Carr
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Aitkin or James Roberts
6. Luke Keary
7. Mitchell Moses
Front row: Campbell Gillard and ? (but not Klemmer)
Hooker: Damien Cook
2nd row: Cordner & Frizel
Lock: Jake

We'll see if this is accurate. No Teddy, Ferguson, Cleary, Maloney, Jackson, Klemmer . . .Seems really way out to me, but Fitler may be relying on form rather than reputation.

I don't know how this became a MVP topic. I must have pushed the wrong button.

If he is looking at form over reputation it would be odd to pick Turbo and Moses. Seems to me he is believing the hype that HE has helped create around certain players - just like most of his predecessors did.

I think Fitler will choose:
1. Tom T
2. Addo Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Aitken
5. Cotric
6. Keary
7. M Moses (Cleary missing too many games)
8. Vaughan
9. Cook
10. Woods
11. Frizell
12. Cordner (I’d rather Crichton)
13. Jake T
14. Peachy
15. Crichton
16. DeBelin
17. Gillard

Last edited:
yeh to be honest I could believe this team with Fittler. He is a bit left of centre and could completely change the team and leave very few from prior years.

Maloney is a human speedbump makes Blake Green look like Terry Randall - but I suspect he will make the team regardless. In attack is he sharp.

Tedesco will get picked for sure for mine and they'll slot Tom on wing or centre or wherever they can - Personally I hope the part about Cotric is right cause I think he's made for Origin. Think Peachy is your bench man good call.

Maloney will be one of the halves for sure and Cleary just needs to get through his 2 games alright to be chosen.

Tedesco will be fullback and Tom maybe wing....

I'd be shocked if Moses is anywhere near this team!
I would do this also, there just seems to be a lot of noise to the contrary.

My team would be:

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Tom T
5. Cotric
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Vaughan
9. Cook
10. Sims
11. Frizell
12. Crichton
13. Jake T
——————
14. Peachy
15. Gillard
16. Klemmer
17. DeBelin

Last edited:
My team would be:

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Tom T
5. Cotric
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Vaughan
9. Cook
10. Simms
11. Frizzel
12. Chricton
13. Jake T
——————
14. Peachy
15. Gillard
16. Klemmer
17. DeBellin

Don't know how you pick simms over gillard. Simms is a second rower for the dragons and gillard is an Australian prop. Currently one of the form front rowers in the comp. Also think cordner as the current NSW captain prob deserves a spot. Other than that (simms out gillard front row, crichton to the bench and cordner second row) i agree with the rest

Most Predictable Fittler backline for origin 1:

1. Tedesco
2. Fergo
3. Mitchell
4. Aubusson
5. D Tupou
6. Keary
7. Other Rorters player that's from NSW

all Rorters players, fittler's biased
P.S this ain't my backline for SOO 1

Don't know how you pick simms over gillard. Simms is a second rower for the dragons and gillard is an Australian prop. Currently one of the form front rowers in the comp. Also think cordner as the current NSW captain prob deserves a spot. Other than that (simms out gillard front row, crichton to the bench and cordner second row) i agree with the rest
Sims has played front row on a number of occasions in the past and is in form. Gillard is not much of a metre eater (the guy averages a lousy 90mtrs) but could provide impact off the bench. Sims connection with the other Dragons forwards could prove beneficial (hunting as a pack etc).

Last edited:
Cordner, Tedesco, Keary, Ferguson and Mitchell will play as they are roosters and its pretty clear he is going to pick moses.

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Turbo
5. Cotric
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Vaughan
9. Cook
10. Klemmer
11. Frizell
12. Cordner
13. Jake T
14. Peachy
15. Chricton
16. DeBellin
17. Gillard
That’s a great looking side right there... wish you were picking the team.

My team would be:

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Tom T
5. Cotric
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Vaughan
9. Cook
10. Simms
11. Frizell
12. Crichton
13. Jake T
——————
14. Peachy
15. Gillard
16. Klemmer
17. DeBellin
Also a very nice side but RCG should be there somewhere.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8