NSW Game 2 YART

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183409.msg263659#msg263659 date=1274928610]
Fluffy, Attack is not NSW's problem, we scored plenty of points last night and often do. Defense is our problem, hence naming anyone out of position is pretty much putting a target on them.

It's simple, name halves in the halves, wingers on the wing, centres in teh centres and a fullback at fullback

Wow, you thought our attack was good last night ? That scoreline flattered us. 3 tries from 50/50 kicks is hardly tearing them to shreds. I don't know what our line break count was last night, but it can't have been too high. We looked lost in attack, maybe we do need Mat Rogers at 5/8 ;)

[/quote]

I didnt think we were good in attack last night, just that we were mostly woeful in defense. If we can aimlessly plod around the field like that and still score that much points, I have faith that we can tweak the team for better defense and attack and improve.

hence naming wingers on the wing to shore up defense.

Hayne
Morris
Tahu
Lyon
Morris
Carney
Pearce
Luke Bailey
Gidley (we know they won't drop the captain)
Douglas
Watmough
Heighington
Gallen

Snowdon
Laffranchi
Bird
Mason

Pearce was my man pre his injury, all depends on how he comes back, Kimmorley is the best choice at present

As I said elsewhere, if we don't want to play people out of position, then Carney isn't a 5/8, hasn't played NRL level there for 2 years. Lyon went fine last night, but if we want to move him to the centres then Bird is the obvious man. But for some reason I also have Sutton in mind. He is a bit of a rocks or diamonds man, but on his day he is near unstoppable with his footwork and offloads, is a big unit as well. Could suit Origin

Hayne has to be fullback for me

If the defense is right the points will come with any team with the likes of Lyon, Hayne, Laffranci and Watmough.

I don't see the need for wholesale changes, just one. get rid of Kidley all to gether, get Lyon in the Centres, Tahu on the wing and Bird in at 5/8th (Bird has proven to be a decent SOO performer). Ennis dummy half with Carney the utility bench spot.
Kidley stifles the attack, it was said in many threads before last nights game, if we can all see it why can't the selectors and bellamy?!

The forward pack, as i said, take creagh out and bring in Laffranci.

Nate link said:
I don't see the need for wholesale changes, just one. Get rid of Kidley all together, get Lyon in the Centres, Tahu on the wing and Bird in at 5/8th (Bird has proven to be a decent SOO performer). Ennis dummy half with Carney the utility bench spot.

Agreed.

Nate link said:
Kidley stifles the attack, it was said in many threads before last nights game, if we can all see it why can't the selectors and bellamy?!

Because he is a media darling Nate

etx8tDzm.jpeg

1. J.Dugan
2. B.Morris
3. T.Tahu
4. J.Lyon
5. J.Hayne
6. B.Finch
7. B.Kimmorley
8. J.King
9. M.Ennis
10. M.Weyman