NRL's 17th Team - The (Redcliffe) dolphins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@Koko22 you there?

Dolphins 3/3 now.....I'd hate to think you are welching on our bet.

Particularly when it is this fantastic site that benefits.

C'mon, lets get this done.

They have been great but it is a very long season and it will take its toll once injuries and suspensions creep in. Even if they win their first 5 straight I would still be confident betting $1000 that they miss out on the 8. I can see them finishing 10th or 11th

Their depth is very lacking although the NRL are obviously pushing hard for their success. Just look at their draw roughly 20 of their games are played in QLD. WTF?

This ad’s popping up on my screen in this thread 😂

A10A79D5-7B60-45E4-9F1D-53602EFDB1CC.jpeg

Dolphins forward Felise Kaufusi is set to miss next weekend’s highly-anticipated Brisbane derby against the Brisbane Broncos after copping a three-match suspension from the NRL match review committee.

Kaufusi was put on report twice and sin-binned during Friday evening’s 36-20 victory over the Newcastle Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium. The 30-year-old was put on report for a high shot in the 63rd minute and handed his marching orders five minutes later for a late hit on Newcastle halfback Jackson Hastings, who was sent for an HIA due to whiplash.

Redcliffe 4-2 now.

@Koko22 you there mate? Surely you haven't left the forum to avoid donating $20 to it

Last edited:
Redcliffe 4-2 now.

@Koko22 you there mate? Surely you haven't left the forum to avoid fonating $20 to it

Well, they did post last game day that they were a dolphins fan, so maybe they've gone and joined their forum? I dunno. Maybe it was their last $20?

Making a mokery of the "aint enough talent for 17 teams" argument too.

Only one team left behind atm and in Api, Doeuhi, Bateman, Papali'i etc they have talent

2022 QLD Cup highlights of the speedy Valynce Te Whare 108 kg & 182 cm

Thanks @40 nil
They call him Val Maninga . This Dynamic young centre is fast , powerful and agile with great footwork .

His NRL debut against the Sharks was Simply Sensational

This young exciting son of a gun is a crowd thriller and an opposition Killer

And we are Persisting with Pedestrian centres like Parker

The moral of the story
Seek and you shall find young talent without breaking your salary cap
and The 22 year old Val is a Great find by Bennett

Last edited:
Thanks @40 nil
They call him Val Maninga . This Dynamic young centre is fast , powerful and agile with great footwork .

His NRL debut against the Sharks was Simply Sensational

This young exciting son of a gun is a crowd thriller and an opposition Killer

And we are Persisting with Pedestrian centres like Parker

The moral of the story
Seek and you shall find young talent without breaking your salary cap
and The 22 year old Val is a Great find by Bennett
Not trying to take away Vals moment but regarding centres

until his debut the fins were doing good. They had consistent centre pairings of Euan Aitkin and Benko Lee. No disrespect to either but if they are not our harper and parks i dont know what is, Lee is a big unit but offers nothing and we have the wiz kid koula. The fins play as a cohesive unit and this overcones speed and skill until you get better players into the same system and they break out of the system with speed and skill.

we just wont concede to the system first, skill second. souths , the enigma, they still go the grind first although im sure they will have a lull before finals. Most do

we are not quick between the ears but we have the souths type potential due to our game breakers if we could get more discipline in our game first..

It's kind of embarrassing how much better the Dolphins are than we are - in their first season in the NRL. Although it does show the benefit of starting a squad from scratch, with no previous deals and contracts weighing you down.

It's kind of embarrassing how much better the Dolphins are than we are - in their first season in the NRL. Although it does show the benefit of starting a squad from scratch, with no previous deals and contracts weighing you down.
The squad isnt top heavy with expectation or ego. They are the type of squad that could possibly bring in a few young stars and finally get a big fish and be pretty close Because they are learning how to not go sway

overall i see us going backwards because we havnt grasped the depths of our despair yet and just keep chucking a different icing on the same cake

I agree with the analogy of the icing being changed on the same cake. In fairness it takes time to rebuilt a squad and remove ingrain player issues. Whilst changes within staff can occur quickly, changes with the playing roster are far more complex. The Dolphins are a fine example of a side that plays a solid disciplined style of footy. They have a settled spine, a strong pack and defensively adequate and speedy backs. Their half back is very young but plays with a lot of poise and patience and doesn't overplay his hand very often. They get into the grind and never give up. We should be focussing on getting into the grind and hanging onto the football as long as we can. But we just keep on playing the same dumb style of football, giving possession away with errors, kicking the ball away early, gassing the pack and then exposing our very poor backline defence out wide. We have 3 very experienced coaches so the problem must logically be stemming from what's happening or is not happening on the field. If players won't follow coaching instructions then they are a liability to the side.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6