NRL's 17th Team - The (Redcliffe) dolphins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reminds me of manly broncos 88
Only thing is shoe back in 88 the broncos had 3/4s of the qld side. The Phins didn't I know bennett isn't everyone's cup of tea but I still don't get how people doubt his leadership and man management.

I also expect Milford to come back in some form by seasons end. Wayne has always had a soft spot for him and being dropped like that will be a massive wake up call for the bloke. I can see him playing a 14 role like walker did at manly.

Tell you something from yesterday that was telling. This club won't be just the dolphins by name for long.
You could here it loud and clear on the tv the "redcliffe" chant.

It reminded me of 2002 post merger the club wasn't allowed to be called manly so they were just the Eagles.

A lovely lady Mary Delves was at brookvale handing out a small leaflet urging people to chant manly clap clap clap. We too beat the roosters that day and the rest is history.

Tell you something from yesterday that was telling. This club won't be just the dolphins by name for long.
You could here it loud and clear on the tv the "redcliffe" chant.

It reminded me of 2002 post merger the club wasn't allowed to be called manly so they were just the Eagles.

A lovely lady Mary Delves was at brookvale handing out a small leaflet urging people to chant manly clap clap clap. We too beat the roosters that day and the rest is history.
You could hear the Redcliffe Redcliffe chant in the TV.

The NRL mightn’t call them that but you can be guaranteed the fans will.

So I thought it was a stipid marketing department led decision but apparently the QRL block the use of Redcliffe or something?

I just realised on watching NRL360 just how many players the Roosters were missing. I don't think the Dolphins are quite the world beaters that win made them out to be... No JWH, no Manu, no Chrichton... That's a lot of talent to be sitting out.

I just realised on watching NRL360 just how many players the Roosters were missing. I don't think the Dolphins are quite the world beaters that win made them out to be... No JWH, no Manu, no Chrichton... That's a lot of talent to be sitting out.

Its a team tipped for the spoon V a team tipped for the title.

Regardless of who was out it was a great result for the Dolphins and a poor performance from the Roosters.

Doesn't change the fact they'll finish 14-17th

Also, Sitili Tupouniua & Connor Watson. Possibly the biggest out is Manu, who may have surpassed Tedesco as the Roosters' best player. Despite this, it was a monumental effort by the Dolphins who look like a genuine NRL team.

They've really got to give the Dolphins a geographical area to their name. 'The Dolphins' sounds sh!t.

Some previously discussed options outside of Redcliffe include Moreton Bay Dolphins, Sun State Dolphins, River City Dolphins, Sunshine State Dolphins, North Brisbane Dolphins. Any of these would be fine.

I’m praying for the bloody radio ad to end about the Stan special on the Dolefins.

It seems to run every 5 minutes on Triple M Sydney.

Aaaagggghhhhhh.

I’m praying for the bloody radio ad to end about the Stan special on the Dolefins.

It seems to run every 5 minutes on Triple M Sydney.

Aaaagggghhhhhh.
We are getting the #DwayneBennett , the Phins number 1 fan advertising on TV, almost non stop over the weekend ( not Fox Chan 7 & 9) and still going.

I believe they are selling loads of memberships , so it’s a much better start than many would have given then credit for.

We are getting the #DwayneBennett , the Phins number 1 fan advertising on TV, almost non stop over the weekend ( not Fox Chan 7 & 9) and still going.

I believe they are selling loads of memberships , so it’s a much better start than many would have given then credit for.
Think a lot of iffy Broncs fans on the North side may decide to support the Dolphins instead, will be a shorter commute for a lot of fans. Maybe not this season but next.

Also, Sitili Tupouniua & Connor Watson. Possibly the biggest out is Manu, who may have surpassed Tedesco as the Roosters' best player. Despite this, it was a monumental effort by the Dolphins who look like a genuine NRL team.
And the fact the very weakened Roosters turned up with a "terribly arrogant' attitude and got their pant's pulled down by an energetic, pumped up Dolphins....great to see actually !
Hate to burst the bubble, but I think "Redcliffe' will come back to earth with a thud in coming weeks and though they may be "up' for game 2 vs Raiders, I will be suprised if they get the Win, in fact I expect the Raiders to win comfortably, but good luck to Dolphins, I just reckon all the noise after that 1st game against a Roosters side who were bog average is not something to get carried away with....great effort and upset yes, but not a true form guide imo for the reasons above.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2