NRL square-ups article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Klein pulled off another nice square-up to the Rabbits tonight. At least he's consistent.....in giving the square-up.

I actually think that it's an advantage to be trailing at half time the way the game is refereed at the moment. It's so hard to blow a team off the park now. Gone are the days of belting the roosters 48, 56 and 64 nil. We should've put those kinds of scores on the dogs and rabbits but the refs just won't abide it.

It's not just square ups that **** me. It's letting the scoreboard and location on the field determine whether something is a penalty.
A team behind on the scoreboard is pretty much guaranteed a ruck penalty (even though there's been 100 similar tackles in the game) or an inside the 10 penalty (again, even though players have been offside and not penalised 50 other times) when coming out of their own end and under pressure.
It's so blatantly obvious whats going and the officials must be 'encouraged' to try and keep the result in the balance for as long as possible.

Hasn't caught on in the UK yet, just watched the end of Parcell's Leeds beat Featherstone 58-0 in the Challenge Cup!

Even though they beat us in the 2012 WCC, I have to admit that in the SL I do go for Leeds, always have (family ties in Yorkshire and all that). So to see Matty Parcell carving it up for them is fun for me.

One of the best articles I have read for a while. I have no doubt the ref's have riding instructions from Greenturd.

Haven't read a more spot on article in years.
Trouble is the article could have been written years ago and followed up nearly every week.
It is just an article to address the fact nearly every fan website has mention of this rigging and they have to seemingly address it so they can then ignore it again. Rudimentary journalistic propaganda.

BTW from the article

"....speed, flow and excitement of Origin I was due in no small part to the fact that the referees were not there. Matt Cecchin and Gerard Sutton have rightly been rewarded for not being present at Origin I, by being reappointed to not be present for Origin II....."

now if Cecchin is so good at NOT BEING THERE, then why the hell is he always SO THERE whenever he is in a Manly game???

Trouble is the article could have been written years ago and followed up nearly every week.
It is just an article to address the fact nearly every fan website has mention of this rigging and they have to seemingly address it so they can then ignore it again. Rudimentary journalistic propaganda.

BTW from the article

"....speed, flow and excitement of Origin I was due in no small part to the fact that the referees were not there. Matt Cecchin and Gerard Sutton have rightly been rewarded for not being present at Origin I, by being reappointed to not be present for Origin II....."

now if Cecchin is so good at NOT BEING THERE, then why the hell is he always SO THERE whenever he is in a Manly game???
Because he hates Manly...and we hate Checchin.

The startling thing is about this column, that it not only tells the truth of what's going on, but shows up what absolute hemorrhoids the other scribes are.
And I mean ALL of them.
They all may have addressed these issues in bits and pieces but never had the billiards to lay it down like this.
Malcolm Knox.....
Go to the top of the class !!!

An old ref* told me at half time they used to count up the penalties and intentionally square them up second half. Not the score or flow of the game, just the pens.

*No I'm not saying who!

An old ref* told me at half time they used to count up the penalties and intentionally square them up second half. Not the score or flow of the game, just the pens.

*No I'm not saying who!
They had that "How's Trent going?" code phrase for a while there. To get live updates from the video ref on which team was winning the penalty count.

The whole thing is a joke. I agree that live betting on penalties is probably the only way to fix it. The NRL will bend over and take it from the betting companies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8