NRL: Restarting May 28th. Grand Final Oct 25th

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The consistent message from the authorities is this is going on for a minimum of 6 months. As much as I would love the footy to return I thinks its highly unlikely. If it does return and the take points of teams who have achieved wins, I think its going to cause great resentment.

Only 3 weeks ago we saw Manly bravely beat Easts in what was a titanic struggle and we should not be forced to give up those points!

I would prefer a system where each team plays each other at least once and that way you can include the results from rounds 1 and 2!

Stuck in a conference with non-descript Sydney teams - Penrith, Wests Tigers, Parramatta, Cronulla, Cantebury - would do my head in. You want to actually have games to look forward to.

Gordon Tallis's criticism that one of the conferences woudl inevitably be weaker is also valid. The only way you can set up a two conference system is based on prior-year rankings, not the happenstance of whether teams happen to be from Sydney or not.

Honestly , and not with your heart but you head , how many of you here really think we’ll be doing much other than staying inside until the end of the year??

If the decline in daily new cases continues along the trajectory of the past week, I think there is a reasonable chance of season recommencement in front of empty stadiums along the lines being discussed in the media. It's a big if, and the nature of this thing at this stage is inherently unpredicatable. One outlier event (i.e. random cause of new cases spiking up) would/could derail everything. Certainly the NRL is extremely motivated by its financial situation to make it happen if at all possible.

Still think that the prospects of resuming in two or three months are reasonably good . Same with A F L . Providing the transmission rate stays relatively subdued . Wonder if the betting agencies have set up a betting odds format for this yet on a possible resumption .

Honestly , and not with your heart but you head , how many of you here really think we’ll be doing much other than staying inside until the end of the year??

Mark ... approx 6000 people have tested positive ... and about 3000 of those have now recovered and others continue to do so daily ..... we are already at a point where more people are recovering and being cleared of the virus each day than are contracting it .... if the current trend of diminishing new infection rates continue ... down from 35% a day to less than 3% and decreasing ... it will only be a couple of weeks before the numbers are in the primary school section ....

Yes ... there will be a period of wait wait wait ... but the pressure to reboot the country will grow ...

There has been ample time for a wildcard cluster spot to develop ... and one may still happen ... but as every day passes that it doesn't happen .. the voices screaming .. "Get me the fukk outahere" ... being heard over the sound of their wives saying ... "we need to talk" .. will be deafening ..

Mark ... approx 6000 people have tested positive ... and about 3000 of those have now recovered and others continue to do so daily ..... we are already at a point where more people are recovering and being cleared of the virus each day than are contracting it .... if the current trend of diminishing new infection rates continue ... down from 35% a day to less than 3% and decreasing ... it will only be a couple of weeks before the numbers are in the primary school section ....

Yes ... there will be a period of wait wait wait ... but the pressure to reboot the country will grow ...

There has been ample time for a wildcard cluster spot to develop ... and one may still happen ... but as every day passes that it doesn't happen .. the voices screaming .. "Get me the fukk outahere" ... being heard over the sound of their wives saying ... "we need to talk" .. will be deafening ..

I predict as soon as the last job around the house that the last husband promised to do, then the virus will disappear. It's obvious covid-19 was implemented by women sick of waiting for promises to be kept (judging by the amount of work I'm seeing done here).

Just kidding ladies! Sorry.

Also... how about ole Boris now being in intensive care?!?!?!

Also also... We'll never know but I wonder how many people actually have it as not everyone is tested. If you ring 8-1-1 over here and tell them you have symptoms...they don't test you, just tell you to self isolate. You get tested if they have to drag yer butt to hospital at the moment.

But you'll take a decrease any day over the usa's +30,000 cases today!

There’s really only one way to beat it and that’s a vaccine, BUT, if we get the numbers down to zero , and IF they are prepared to close down the international borders until we do have a vaccine I could see is getting back to a sort of semi normal, although even one small outbreak and we’d be shutdown again.

Look, in a financial sense the sooner the better as there’s no doubt the government won’t have the funds or the collateral to fund another six months of subsidy following the first six months.

So who know, but footy by May, Mmmm that’s very hopeful.

There’s really only one way to beat it and that’s a vaccine, BUT, if we get the numbers down to zero , and IF they are prepared to close down the international borders until we do have a vaccine I could see is getting back to a sort of semi normal, although even one small outbreak and we’d be shutdown again.

Look, in a financial sense the sooner the better as there’s no doubt the government won’t have the funds or the collateral to fund another six months of subsidy following the first six months.

So who know, but footy by May, Mmmm that’s very hopeful.
I agree with you Mark there’s part of me that thinks we won’t see another game this year and perhaps into next year. Hope I’m wrong.

I agree with you Mark there’s part of me that thinks we won’t see another game this year and perhaps into next year. Hope I’m wrong.

Our only hope I think is as long as the international borders are kept closed then maybe if we can contain the Virus and not get any new infections then restrictions can start to be lifted , if so that might include footy.

But the Virus isn’t going away and won’t until we have a vaccine so I reckon restrictions will be lifted very very slowly.

Our only hope I think is as long as the international borders are kept closed then maybe if we can contain the Virus and not get any new infections then restrictions can start to be lifted , if so that might include footy.

But the Virus isn’t going away and won’t until we have a vaccine so I reckon restrictions will be lifted very very slowly.

Mark ... from the Telecrap today ... written by Anna Caldwell .

"The virus infection curve in NSW is running so flat that authorities are considering relaxing restrictions as soon as May 1st in a bid to revive small business.

Premier Gladys, the deputy Premier and the treasurer are in lockstep on the need to investigate a loosening of some measures in a bid to restart the economy.

etc etc ....

The conversation has begun ..... and if the infections rates continue to diminish ... will grow ...

Michael Chammas
By Michael Chammas
April 8, 2020 — 4.38pm

The ARL Commission is tomorrow expected to sign off on the return of the NRL competition from as early as May 21.
The Herald has been told by sources with knowledge of the negotiations that a Sydney-based, 15-round season is the preferred option of the two proposals that will be discussed at the NRL innovation committee meeting tomorrow morning.
The Panthers celebrate.

Following the meeting, a recommendation will be put to the commission and a decision on the structure and future of the game is likely to be announced.
The alternative proposal, which was met with resistance from some of the players on an RLPA phone hook-up on Wednesday, is a two-conference system, splitting the competition in half.

After high-level discussions between the NSW government and NRL powerbrokers, Sydney-based players will be allowed to remain at home when the competition resumes, which was well-received by the RLPA, whose members were reluctant to undergo solitary confinement.
Border restrictions will see the North Queensland Cowboys, Brisbane Broncos, Gold Coast Titans, Melbourne Storm and New Zealand Warriors move to Sydney for at least two weeks, when it is hoped they may be able to return home and resume travelling interstate on chartered flights on game day.
The Knights and Raiders are expected to stay in Newcastle and Canberra respectively and travel to Sydney on game day.
The Warriors, who will be given exemptions to travel restrictions by the New Zealand and Australian governments, will have to isolate together for 14 days, but they will be able to train.
The NRL is optimistic of the competition returning on May 21, although May 28 seems the more likely of the two dates.

Delicate negotiations between the governing body and its broadcast partners were held this week and will continue, with State of Origin now firming to be played in the traditional mid-season format.
If the NRL succeeds in its plans for a May return, the grand final will be played in its traditional time slot, the first Sunday in October.
Twenty-four hours ago, the NRL was preparing to isolate teams in a western Sydney bubble, but those plans have been significantly affected by the state government’s overnight assessment of the crisis.
The government has expressed its confidence in the NRL to respond to any changes in the health situation.
A secondary outbreak could see the NRL return to the bubble model later in the year, although the advice it has received predicts the daily increase in COVID-19 cases will be less than one per cent by the time of the NRL's planned return in mid-May.
The NRL is hopeful that by mid-June all states will relax their restrictions and it will be able to return to playing games at venues around the country, albeit without crowds in attendance.

Stuck in a conference with non-descript Sydney teams - Penrith, Wests Tigers, Parramatta, Cronulla, Cantebury - would do my head in. You want to actually have games to look forward to.

Gordon Tallis's criticism that one of the conferences woudl inevitably be weaker is also valid. The only way you can set up a two conference system is based on prior-year rankings, not the happenstance of whether teams happen to be from Sydney or not.
Why? We'd be top of the table ;) with roosters below us!
If one comp is weaker who cares as long as the footy is back

Imo I feel that what will be the turning point regarding covid19 and some sort of reduction in restrictions will be this weekend ie people behavior regarding movement. If this Easter weekend people do what is expected of them ie stay home, and we see in a fortnight time that there is no increase (being the incubation period ) than we will probably start seeing some restriction lifted including the NRL starting again. But if we are selfish and disregard the the lock in and it spikes again than the NRL will be dreaming regarding the 28th of May commencement. So let us not Fark this up. Never has sitting on your butt and doing nothing been so important.

Two great pieces about ‘rugba league’ in today’s SMH.

The first by Malcolm Knox about the bubble the NaRL lives in and the second by Darren Kane which sheets home much of the game’s financial plight to the intervention of Murpert Rudoch (aka Mr Jerry Hall) all those years ago.

Imo I feel that what will be the turning point regarding covid19 and some sort of reduction in restrictions will be this weekend ie people behavior regarding movement. If this Easter weekend people do what is expected of them ie stay home, and we see in a fortnight time that there is no increase (being the incubation period ) than we will probably start seeing some restriction lifted including the NRL starting again. But if we are selfish and disregard the the lock in and it spikes again than the NRL will be dreaming regarding the 28th of May commencement. So let us not Fark this up. Never has sitting on your butt and doing nothing been so important.

Don’t know about elsewhere but the roads around Brisbane have been empty , I think people actually did listen.

Not everyone watches your fear mongering **** shows like today tonight or 60 minutes

Australia has what 25 MILLION people out of which 6100ish have confirmed cases of boomer remover, if it wasn't for the absolute failure of Sydney and that ****ing cruise ship we'd have a hell of a lot less, Tassie had **** all up to the time when some dickhead boomers decided to go on a boat like boomers do , no work all play then come home ignoring what's best for everyone else , because it's all about them

122 confirmed cases with 40 something recovered and that's with the hospital of death in the place

This will blow over, this Hazzard moron is flexing muscle because of how hard the moron failed at a simple job, don't let a ****en boat in

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6