NRL may be mis-reading its fans on this issue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love my rugby league, like all of you, but I'm opposed to the NSW Government knocking down a perfectly good SFS and spending $700-Million on a similar stadium. This is a waste of money when funds should be diverted to much more pressing matters, such as education and health.
Greenturd, however, thinks that NRL fans will be appalled at the suggestion by the NSW Opposition to scrap the new stadium plan. I'm not a Labor supporter but I do believe the party is correct on this.
Am I in the minority here? Will you other NRL fans back Greenturd's call to "vote against Labor just because of this"?
Greenburger is simply taking a political stance here.
He does not have a brain or an opinion, or cares about NRL fans. He only cares about lower corporate taxes and how well he has done with the current administration.
It's not that he is misreading us, it is that he is not reading us at all.
NYEagle

Firstly, can anyone explain to me what is wrong with ANZ Stadium??? It was good enough to host the Olympics yet not good enough to host NRL Grand Finals?? Maybe it is 18 years old, however surely a little touch up is all that is required! Secondly we have an attendance of 80,000 plus at every GF & Origin game & Greenberg says we will lose the GF to Suncorp which holds 50,000? Somehow the math doesn't add up. Greenberg is certainly living up to the No Real Leadership group mindset. The state of rugby league has deteriorated so far over the past decade it's fast becoming a joke. Dare I say AFL & the game they call Soccer are slowly but surely overtaking rugby league both in atmosphere & management. Greenberg & that moron Beatty will ruin rugby league with their lack of understanding of what the fans actually want. Beatty doesn't even know the names of current clubs &/or players yet blabbers on about what is good for the game. He absolutely screwed up the 2018 Commonwealth Games & will now screw up rugby league with that snivelling little toad Greenberg! I cannot believe club bosses & NRL hierarchy are allowing these two incompetent knob jockeys to ruin the game of rugby league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Furthermore I'd reckon Greenturd telling people not to vote for state Labor would not be a bad thing from their point of view.

I am not sure how people across NSW rely on this parasite for political guidance but i'd guess the number would less than 2.

There was a report released recently that the reason for knocking down and rebuilding the SFS is that the structure is deemed to be dangerous and beyond repair and that safety experts gave the advice to the SCG trust that the stadium needed a total rebuild. I can understand this as duty of care and safety are going to be the governments priority and this ground is used by the Roosters, Sydney FC and the Waratahs and we need a stadium in central Sydney.

I do not understand the need to touch ANZ stadium as it does not have these problems and it is a reasonably modern stadium.

Greenturd threatens to move the grand final to Brisbane or Sydney, over the NSW and Sydney public's dead body, do that you will be dealt with, The SCG hosted a few grand finals in its time and is more than capable of doing that again while these stadiums are rebuilt!!

There was a report released recently that the reason for knocking down and rebuilding the SFS is that the structure is deemed to be dangerous and beyond repair and that safety experts gave the advice to the SCG trust that the stadium needed a total rebuild. I can understand this as duty of care and safety are going to be the governments priority and this ground is used by the Roosters, Sydney FC and the Waratahs and we need a stadium in central Sydney.

I do not understand the need to touch ANZ stadium as it does not have these problems and it is a reasonably modern stadium.

Greenturd threatens to move the grand final to Brisbane or Sydney, over the NSW and Sydney public's dead body, do that you will be dealt with, The SCG hosted a few grand finals in its time and is more than capable of doing that again while these stadiums are rebuilt!!
They portrayed the sfs as a death trap. It’s a wonder anyone who went there to see a match survived. According to the scg trust which wants billions of dollars for its operations, hundreds of people were killed while attending a match, due to the hazardous nature of the stadium.

When any government 'commissions' a report - that should read pays for a report - the hired firm is given the findings then asked to come up with as many plausable reasons as possible to justify the outcome.
It's a political sham.

Firstly, can anyone explain to me what is wrong with ANZ Stadium??? It was good enough to host the Olympics yet not good enough to host NRL Grand Finals?? Maybe it is 18 years old, however surely a little touch up is all that is required! Secondly we have an attendance of 80,000 plus at every GF & Origin game & Greenberg says we will lose the GF to Suncorp which holds 50,000? Somehow the math doesn't add up. Greenberg is certainly living up to the No Real Leadership group mindset. The state of rugby league has deteriorated so far over the past decade it's fast becoming a joke. Dare I say AFL & the game they call Soccer are slowly but surely overtaking rugby league both in atmosphere & management. Greenberg & that moron Beatty will ruin rugby league with their lack of understanding of what the fans actually want. Beatty doesn't even know the names of current clubs &/or players yet blabbers on about what is good for the game. He absolutely screwed up the 2018 Commonwealth Games & will now screw up rugby league with that snivelling little toad Greenberg! I cannot believe club bosses & NRL hierarchy are allowing these two incompetent knob jockeys to ruin the game of rugby league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look, it is a bloody awful place to watch a game, but the knockdown rebuild won’t make it any smaller or more intimate.

For those noting the 30,000 crowd difference between ANZ and Suncorp, the $ amount that the Qld or Vic govts would pay the NRL to steal the GF would more than make up for that shortfall in gate takings. The exposure and the economic windfall from visitor spend is their payoff.

A measure of how out of touch Greenberg is - he doesn’t understand that rugby league is best enjoyed up close in a ground/stadium that seats around 25k.

At brookie you can hear the players yelling at each other, and hear the tackles.

Greenberg doesn’t understand how good that is, and how rare that is in professional sport. It’s what set league apart, and why it is the greatest game of all.

The tv product is viewed by millions, but crowds are between 10 and 25k, no matter how big they make the sfs or anz. That won’t change.

I love my rugby league, like all of you, but I'm opposed to the NSW Government knocking down a perfectly good SFS and spending $700-Million on a similar stadium. This is a waste of money when funds should be diverted to much more pressing matters, such as education and health.
Greenturd, however, thinks that NRL fans will be appalled at the suggestion by the NSW Opposition to scrap the new stadium plan. I'm not a Labor supporter but I do believe the party is correct on this.
Am I in the minority here? Will you other NRL fans back Greenturd's call to "vote against Labor just because of this"?
The SFS was done on the cheap, and it shows, there's virtually no protection for the spectators when it rains as the roof is totally useless in this regard, there's no point in spending 400-500 million in renovations when you can build a more up to date venue for 750 million.
Sydney needs a more modern stadium to cater for League, Union and Soccer and international events closer to the CBD than Homebush.
We have to put this spend in perspective, for Labor to argue that it would be better to spend it on education and hospitals doesn't wash as they are making this argument political, $750 million for this stadium that will probably have a life of forty years , which averages out at 20 million a year, when the education budget for last year alone was 17.3 billion.
Infrastructure has to be updated to keep up with the pace.

Don't forget that non achiever Ayres also advocated a knock down rebuild of ANZ Stadium - madness. Having said that I think a new SFS is justified. It needs new safety stuff that requires major renovations that cost most of what it would cost for a rebuild. I've never been a huge fan of the SFS, it needs to be a better version of Suncorp.

I must admit it is very difficult to continue to vote Liberal. The only reason is that for any resident living north of the harbour a Labor Government would be worse.
Mate you don’t owe them anything. I’ve flip flopped a few times with my vote in recent years. I can’t touch labor when they lurch too far left, but right now the libs have lurched ridiculously right, at least at commonwealth level. The party that holds the middle gets my vote, and usually wins.

Mate you don’t owe them anything. I’ve flip flopped a few times with my vote in recent years. I can’t touch labor when they lurch too far left, but right now the libs have lurched ridiculously right, at least at commonwealth level. The party that holds the middle gets my vote, and usually wins.
Is there such a party these days?

Greenturd completely backed the wrong horse from the get go.
He politicised himself,of course, and worse still, the game by jumping on the big stadia bandwagon.
We don't want them, except for the things they are built for which is big occasions.
They are a nightmare to get to and from.
He's tried to compare Sydney and the NRL to Melbourne and afl, and even more embarrassing, he's hoping for NFL style crowds and experience.
Had he gone the EPL model with smaller grounds and backed the suburban grounds approach he'd be on the money.
But he sucked up to the govt and now he's going to look even stupider than normal.
This twit can't get anything right.

Greenberg is just using the stadium thing as an excuse for his piss poor performance. It's a ridiculous concept that he thinks buys him time as to why he shouldn't be moved on immediately so he is sticking with it.
Regardless of who you vote for, you'll end up with a politician but I'd almost vote Labour just because of their stance on this. That sort of taxpayer money should be spent elsewhere 1st as previously mentioned.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6