NRL looks at introducing 3rd on field ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
NRL considering a 3rd on field ref.

NO NO NO. Just NO! Greenturd is going to be the death of NRL.

Honestly how do they sit there and go 'I know how to fix the referee issues, lets add more'

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/three-referees-a-possibility-as-nrl-appoints-bob-fulton-and-john-buchanan-to-review-the-game-rules-20140827-1096jz.html

So they're suggesting three game changing, pink whistle blowers instead of two. Shee-yit! Bad idea.

What a terrible idea. Where and what would the third pinkie even do?

That'll do me if they do this. I only watch Manly games now and only after I know we've won so that I don't get so peed off by the refereeing. If they go three, I'm done with footy.

Ralphie said:
That'll do me if they do this. I only watch Manly games now and only after I know we've won so that I don't get so peed off by the refereeing. If they go three, I'm done with footy.

That is interesting Ralphie, I at least can still watch Manly games live but I do not watch any other teams play.

I hope I don't get as p'ed off as you are now.

But also forlornly hope that the NRL can finally get it's act together too.

So, 3 on the field and 2 on the sidelines. Then the video ref's watching and reviewing all the footage.

Look out Toovs, this is sounding like a gangbang!

mozgrame said:
So, 3 on the field and 2 on the sidelines. Then the video ref's watching and reviewing all the footage.

Look out Toovs, this is sounding like a gangbang!

And lets not forget the off-site 'Bunker' adjudicating the games in real time aswell.

So if they have 3 on-field and 2 touchies, how is anyone going to ever beat souffs when they have 18 players on the field :s

Wow what a great idea. More refs = more attention starved wannabes rubbing shoulders with the real stars. Imagine 3 of them out there (with 3 different interpretations) referring to all of the players by their first names.

And we make fun of rugby, who have one ref and only use video referral judiciously!
League under these moronic blokes in charge is becoming a sick joke.
Next we'll read they'll want to give each player a football so that everyone can score and there is no chance of injury.

shawn.b said:
Maybe they are considering having one referee in the middle & two patrolling the sidelines.

We can only hope.

I am interested in this idea you speak of.

Would those patrolling the sidelines be looking at keeping the 10m offside and looking for forward passes as well? Because that would be great.

This is a great idea which could eventually lead to having one ref for every player on the field. Imagine that. Now this would be innovation. Then there would be no way of making wrong decisions (or could there be??). :s

The article also mentions using lasers or a chip in the ball to rule on forward passes. Now this would be a step in the right direction but then what happens when the ball is passed backward and floats forward. In this instance they could put a chip in every player which would help with this ruling. Or better yet, change the rule so that there is no grey area with forward passes.

Each team should have a legal rep on the field to question the ref's decision should they deem it suspect. If the ref cannot prove his decision was correct, he should immediately reverse his decision, and be made to ref the rest of the game with no pants on. This will be known as the "Liar, liar, pants on fire" rule.

After game press conferences - Each team should be represented by their Coach and one drunk, but reasonably coherent supporter. In the event of a loss, the Coach should let the supporter speak. This way he will dodge a fine.

After each game, ref's should be made to take a polygraph test in front of the Coaches and the drunk supporters, filmed and aired live.

Ref's should be subject to more stringent drug tests, the results to be published each week in RLW BEFORE the round starts.

The problem is that Greenturd and his cronies are now coaching the referees to use others to make decisions instead of allowing them to do their job.

We have absurd rules now that a video ref can check anything except a blatant forward pass. That rule must change cause too many tries are allowed and they decide games.

I find it hard to believe Mr Greenburg would ever knowingly encourage anyone to be intentionally deceitful.

Three referees? You've got to be kidding me. Everyone can see that even two referees is one too many. :mad:

Why don't they go all the way and have 26 of them on the field (one for each player).
sarcasm-1.gif

Imagine the decisions that would be made then.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I-have-no-idea-what-Im-doing-dog.jpg

Greenturd hard at work at his NRL job trying to come up with ideas.​

Jethro said:
Three referees? You've got to be kidding me. Everyone can see that even two referees is one too many. :mad:

Why don't they go all the way and have 26 of them on the field (one for each player).
sarcasm-1.gif

Imagine the decisions that would be made then.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I-have-no-idea-what-Im-doing-dog.jpg

Greenturd hard at work at his NRL job trying to come up with ideas.​

I agree, why stop at three. If two is better than one and three is better than two then let's have 20 and make it 20 times better.

Buchanan is a really strange character, there is no knowing what crazy crap he will come up with !!

He was working at NZ Cricket for a while and had some very strange ideas on certain things before they finally chopped him, met him once and he was certainly extremely unique

This is so obviously a really stupid idea. Three refs is not nearly enough.
Anyone with half a brain can see that we need more refs and less players. Seventeen refs and three players per team is the way to go.
Of course all those smartarses with more than half a brain will be saying we should go back to one ref.
Don't worry about them, the NRL hierarchy have'nt got half a brain between them and look at all the good ideas they come up with....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6