NRL investigating possible bubble breach by James Roberts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jimmy the Jet's bubble actually burst a couple of years ago, although I realise no-one has told @BOZO about this.

By the way, I sense a couple of huge bubbles looking set to burst in the next couple of weeks ... the Eels and Panthers!
Jimmy the Jet always makes a comeback . Jimmy the Jet will be back as usual feathered friend . Nothing new here, but thanks for the update :)

Seven rounds to go and no team is gauranteed from having their bubbles burst
The underdog raiders burst our bubble a couple of weeks ago.
Complacency is the mother of all failures

Panthers superstar Nathan Cleary is bidding to make an incredible return from a shoulder injury in time to face the Storm in the grand final rematch on Saturday night.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported Cleary will begin contact work at training this week in a bid to prove his fitness for the Panthers’ Round 20 clash, which could decide the minor premiership.
Haumole Olakau'atu will give his shoulder a good test and hopefully a season ending Injury

Imagine trying to stop Australians from getting fresh air and sunshine 40 years ago? It wouldn't have seen the light of day. I remember the massive blowback the government copped when they tried implementing a national ID card.

Slight incremental changes have continued slipping through our back doors. These incursions on our privacy are founded upon the supposition of "keeping us safe." After evaluating the empirical evidence and the speed at which human existence has changed - Orwell and Huxley's premise doesn't seem so implausible now.

But the balcony hasn't had its AZ shot yet.
Certain balcony's have chosen to follow the international standards for vaccine efficacy. They will wait a few years to see how their brethren fare before rolling up a sleeve. Fair enough too, I reckon - so long as they can handle a little abuse.

Edit - Those balcony's should be prepared to abide by the sanctions that will undoubtedly be imposed upon them moving forward - otherwise they are just anarchists.

Last edited:
Imagine trying to stop Australians from getting fresh air and sunshine 40 years ago? It wouldn't have seen the light of day. I remember the massive blowback the government copped when they tried implementing a national ID card.

Slight incremental changes have continued slipping through our back doors. These incursions on our privacy are founded upon the supposition of "keeping us safe." After evaluating the empirical evidence and the speed at which human existence has changed - Orwell and Huxley's premise doesn't seem so implausible now.
I dont think the govt is stopping the average Australian Joe blow.
I think The Nrl is now being microscoped by the media following the repeated dumb sh1t some players get themselves into.
The actions of the idiots is now blowing back on the rest of the players.

The most stupidest decision to penalise anyone for getting fresh air, the biggest killer in the world is cardiovascular disease and they lock people up without fresh air / vitamin D (defence mechanisms against covid) for two weeks.

I come out of quarantine (PCR test pending) tomorrow 3 days and we are allowed to walk around as much as you like, no shops etc or interacting with others all common sense, they government here trust people to do the correct thing, break that trust and you will be punished and not trusted again.

Loud cheers rang out into the night as around 500 family members of NRL players and club staff were finally allowed out onto their balconies of a Surfers Paradise Hotel.

Queensland Health reversed its decision, effective immediately, to ban NRL families from using their balconies while completing a 14-day quarantine on the Gold Coast.

The reprieve for families, who have been without fresh air for six days, came with a last chance warning from Queensland’s Chief Medical Officer Dr Jeannette Young.

Loud cheers rang out into the night as around 500 family members of NRL players and club staff were finally allowed out onto their balconies of a Surfers Paradise Hotel.

Queensland Health reversed its decision, effective immediately, to ban NRL families from using their balconies while completing a 14-day quarantine on the Gold Coast.

The reprieve for families, who have been without fresh air for six days, came with a last chance warning from Queensland’s Chief Medical Officer Dr Jeannette Young.

Finally some common sense from the Chief medical officer, how they were imposing that rule set is beyond belief.

And it's all down to that quiet visionary James Roberts. One brave man willing to fight injustice in his underpants.

Didn't they only ban balconies because the families were openly flouting the no-contact condition?

Yes, it was a punitive measure because the families weren't "behaving". Very little science at play here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8