NRL - Football Club Salary Cap $5.7 million (Non Players)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does anyone know who foots the bill for travel?:think:

The costs of running remote Clubs, especially the Warriors would have a huge flight/accom/duties expenditure

It would be interesting to see an itemized breakdown of the 5.7 million of a generic Club :nerd:

The NRL pay the bulk of it

The NRL pay the bulk of it

Players and direct coaching support staff BUT not for office staff.

So say when Manly travels to Brisbane, Gorman, Cuzzo and Penn’s are paid for by the club.

The warriors “ might” get dispensation on that , but that’s what applied to the Broncos who travel virtually every second week.

What is going to change for the rich clubs? Instead of it being a player, who sinks a 6 inch putt, it's one of the football managers... same, same, but different? I don't think so, there are big rims on a sombrero.

What is going to change for the rich clubs? Instead of it being a player, who sinks a 6 inch putt, it's one of the football managers... same, same, but different? I don't think so, there are big rims on a sombrero.

The rich get richer
The poor get the picture
The bombs never hit you when you're down so low

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...p/news-story/486880ad83dc762b575a54b32140d6a6

FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT SALARY CAP
MICHAEL CARAYANNIS, The Daily Telegraph
31 August, 2017

NRL clubs have agreed to a landmark proposal to introduce a cap on football club spending from next year.

A football department cap of $5.7 million will be introduced from next year after a meeting of club chief executives and NRL boss Todd Greenberg yesterday.

It was agreed that the figure will be lifted by four per cent in the next three years to enable staff to be given CPI salary rises.

Clubs will have until 2020 to get under the salary cap, and if they do not they will be taxed 37 per cent tax on whatever they overspend by.

Head coach and assistant coach salaries are included, as are training camps. Operational costs will also come out of the cap but not capital costs of centre of excellence.

NRL head of strategy David Silverton said it was an important move to curtail the rising costs of running club football departments.

2016 NRL CLUBS FOOTBALL DEPT. SPENDING
SPENDING CLUBS
$8M+ Raiders, Eels
$7M+ Bulldogs, Broncos, Rabbitohs, Roosters, Panthers
$6M+ Storm, Sea Eagles
$5M+ Knights, Cowboys, Dragons
$4M+ Tigers, Sharks
$3M+ Titans

“By putting the cap in place it will help ensure that our competition remains competitive and even,” Silverton said.

“It will also help ensure that NRL clubs do not overspend simply to keep up with other clubs.

“And that should help our clubs remain financially sustainable.”

The move will save the game about $10 million per season.

The Raiders, Canterbury and Parramatta were among the biggest spenders last year forking out about $8 million each to run their football programs.

While the likes of Brisbane, the Roosters, South Sydney, Melbourne, Penrith and Manly spent above the proposed $5.7 million.

Premiers Cronulla only spent about $4.5 million last year, while the Titans, the Tigers, St George Illawarra, the Warriors and Newcastle spent less than $5.7 million.

The football department cap will be reviewed in 2020.

Meanwhile, talks will resume between Greenberg and the Rugby League Players’ Association today as they look to secure an agreed collective-bargaining

Thankyou @HappilyManly you are a deadset legend here...

The figures are from 2016, I realise that but something that has not been picked up is that we spent mid range $6m same as the storm and much more than 6 other teams. While the Slime spent $8m..now lets say the figures were similar over the past few years, it would seem to put to bed an argument and a few claims..........
I don't believe you have to spend big to meet "best practice methods" to get results. The Slime added their wooden spoon and just 2 years ago were spending the most in this area........
reasonable facilities, quality coaches and a huge dose of attitude buys more results than simply throwing money at meeting "best practice methods"

Thanks again for the info...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7