NRL ( Financial Woes)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
At least one positive is the presence of V" Landys to navigate the code through the difficult times now . Had to guide the racing industry through the Equine crisis and apparently successfully so is well qualified and credentialed for N R L duties now also . Even managed a federal government rescue package for the normally [ presumably ] reasonably viable racing industry so obviously knows how to present a credible case for such matters or warranted assistance measures . Things could be so much worse if just Greenberg and Beatty were in charge , still a very challenging time for the game but again at least with V " Landys playing a leading role now , a real positive and confidence influence to keep the show together .

On a more pressing note, any chance that someone, anyone, could school Peter V’landys in the correct pronunciation of ‘rugby?’ I had never heard of ‘rugba league’ before this bloke happened along.

And some tuition in knitting a tie and fixing his collar, not to mention a decent haircut that recognises that he is going bald wouldn’t go astray, before his next television appearance (begging for more money).

That is all.

Last edited:
cgZGB7H.png

wDXPBt3t_RLt68oheR_YSQEmOqo=.gif

To be fair to V'landy .... I think his point is that without the games ... many many people and businesses are affected .... from concession workers. line markers, security staff, ground staff, parking people, bus drivers, physio's, leg rubbers, broadcast crews, cameramen, gear stewards, scoreboard attentants , referees , bunker people, TV studio staff etc etc ... ..

His point is the game provides an income and living to many people ... not just the NRL ...

.. and hotels, hotel staff, airlines, laundries, school girls, etc etc ..
V’Landys was spot on but his delivery was poor.Thats why Greenberg needs to be front and centre for every press conference.I wouldn’t piss on Todd if he was on fire but he is a glorified politician and knows how to speak to the media and fans,even if what he says is BS most of the time and rarely delivers on his promises

V’Landys was spot on but his delivery was poor.Thats why Greenberg needs to be front and centre for every press conference.I wouldn’t piss on Todd if he was on fire but he is a glorified politician and knows how to speak to the media and fans,even if what he says is BS most of the time and rarely delivers on his promises

Reminds me of professional wrestlers who get given a "manager" who basically does all the talking for them because the wrestler couldn't do a promo to save themselves.

Good worker, bad talker. Those guys got given managers who could talk up a storm.

Financial wows ?
We can all do something about it Instead of talking about it
Walk the Talk Manly fans
and Make a difference !!!

THERE IS A CLUB MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE TO SUIT EVERY GREAT MANLY FAN
RING AND FIND OUT WHICH MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE IS BEST FOR YOU

NRL CLUB MEMBERSHIP LADDER
Rabbits 28,413
Broncos 27,463
Eels 26, 809
Storm 21, 650
Raiders 18, 388
Panthers 18, 906
Knights 18, 139
Cowboys 16, 509
Tigers 16, 235
Dragons 15, 035
Dogs 15, 170
Roosters 14, 361
Warriors 12, 673
MANLY SEA EAGLES 12, 482
Sharks 9, 768
Titans 7,836

Financial wows ?
We can all do something about it Instead of talking about it
Walk the Talk Manly fans
and Make a difference !!!

THERE IS A CLUB MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE TO SUIT EVERY GREAT MANLY FAN
RING AND FIND OUT WHICH MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE IS BEST FOR YOU

NRL CLUB MEMBERSHIP LADDER
Rabbits 28,413
Broncos 27,463
Eels 26, 809
Storm 21, 650
Raiders 18, 388
Panthers 18, 906
Knights 18, 139
Cowboys 16, 509
Tigers 16, 235
Dragons 15, 035
Dogs 15, 170
Roosters 14, 361
Warriors 12, 673
MANLY SEA EAGLES 12, 482
Sharks 9, 768
Titans 7,836

Think you might pushing the proverbial up hill atm

Think you might pushing the proverbial up hill atm

Making a difference is not made by making unproductive comments

Making a difference is by making an effort to change this
embarrassing NRL CLUB MEMBERSHIP LADDER
and support and assist our club in these tough times

The Ladder of shame and all of us Manly fans are accountable
Rabitts ,28,413
Broncos 27,463
Eels 26, 809
Storm 21, 650
Raiders 18, 388
Panthers 18, 906
Knights 18, 139
Cowboys 16, 509
Tigers 16, 235
Dragons 15, 035
Dogs 15, 170
Roosters 14, 361
Warriors 12, 673
MANLY SEA EAGLES 12, 482
Sharks 9, 768
Titans 7,836

The big problem is that the NRL, because its been so badly mismanaged financially (let alone in just about every other aspect), that right now they really have no choice but to play on even with games behind closed doors. Without the revenue from the TV broadcasters they would be basically screwed otherwise. V'Landys said that in plain English on Sunday morning. If the game does have to be shut down for the time being, they are phucked.

For all of Greenturds constant gloating about how well the game is doing and the money its making ... where the hell is that money if they are publicly announcing that they might have to go cap in hand to the federal government for a bailout if things get worse before they get better with this virus thing?

Heads certainly need to roll over this because what this coronavirus pandemic has done is exposed just bow badly the NRL has been managed over the last God knows how many years. And as the boss of the whole thing that is well and truly on Greenturd's head.

Last edited:
With crowds banned for six months ( potentially) I think the game is ****ed right now.

The game as we know it might forever be changed.

Article was a bit stupid. Teams that are backed by big clubs are all good apparently but no mention of the hit the clubs will be taking while this goes on. Most will have to scale back dramatically and will be eating into their cash reserves. Then on top of that propping up an NRL team.

Still think the Sharks or Titans are the first to fall. Penn family will kick in the money, then look to bail when it corrects.
Bump because I was spot on.

NRL: Panthers dragged to the brink
Penrith’s heavy reliance on licensed club revenue has left them vulnerablePenrith’s heavy reliance on licensed club revenue has left them vulnerable
Penrith’s football club and five licensed clubs were on Monday bracing for a $40 million loss over the next six months because of coronavirus — and that was before the game was suspended indefinitely.

The Panthers will be dragged to the financial brink — on and off the field.

Penrith’s five leagues clubs — Panthers at Penrith, Panthers Port Macquarie, Bathurst Panthers, North Richmond Panthers and Glenbrook Panthers — are facing a combined $30m loss through until mid-September.

The Panthers football club was expecting to lose around $9m this season but that figure will jump now.

Playing at an empty stadium was going to cost Penrith around $5m this season and then there was the savage decrease in merchandise and sponsors to consider. Now the broadcast money has been put in jeopardy.

No Penrith official is underestimating the enormous affect the coronavirus will have on the club’s bottom line.

“The football club, it would be out to a loss of nearly $9m,” Panthers Group chief executive Brian Fletcher said.

With five licensed premises, Penrith will be crippled financially by a federal government decision to shut down all clubs for a predicted six months.

“It’s a 100 per cent downturn,” Fletcher said. “They’ve closed all the clubs. There’s no income. All there is is expenses.

“But there are a lot of people a lot worse off than us. We’re all alive. We just have to get through it and we will.

“We have to be smart enough to come out the other end and we will do that.

“We have cut a lot of costs and our staff has gone on annual leave and long service leave.
“We’re looking at every avenue where we can save money.”

Despite the horrific losses, Fletcher believes that Penrith, who were formed in 1967, can win the fight for survival.

“We’ll be around when this all ends but it will be tough going,” Fletcher said.

“We have to make sure we’re on top of it, that is the main thing. Everyone is aware of it. The players are good.

“Everyone is doing their bit. We just have to make sure we come out the other end.”

All 16 clubs will be fearing financial collapse now that the competition has been suspended.
“We’re just concentrating on trying to survive,” one Sydney-based chief executive said.

“It’s taking up all your time. The problem is this is a moving beast.

“You don’t wake up and think ‘let’s fix that problem’ because then another problem arises.”

Watching NRL 360 from yesterday got my blood boiling about the clubs and their infighting re the possible NRL bailout.
It was quoted as a 50/50 split on the richer clubs taking a hit and the poorer clubs getting a bit more.
FMD the likes of the Broncos , storm , Newcastle , cows that are 1 team city teams piss me off. The ungrateful arse clowns. Then you have higher than mighty souths and the chosen ones (rooters). Such mongrels.
All the talk is about us and a few others folding due to miss Management and incompetence. I call BS. The leg up that the big 6 get is totally unfair and should be changed.
Redress the way clubs are funded now.

Watching NRL 360 from yesterday got my blood boiling about the clubs and their infighting re the possible NRL bailout.
It was quoted as a 50/50 split on the richer clubs taking a hit and the poorer clubs getting a bit more.
FMD the likes of the Broncos , storm , Newcastle , cows that are 1 team city teams piss me off. The ungrateful arse clowns. Then you have higher than mighty souths and the chosen ones (rooters). Such mongrels.
All the talk is about us and a few others folding due to miss Management and incompetence. I call BS. The leg up that the big 6 get is totally unfair and should be changed.
Redress the way clubs are funded now.

The news today is that it is the "rich" clubs that have had huge cash injections every year from the licensed leagues clubs that are folding quickest .... with the closure of all clubs ... the Panthers and Bulldogs have already gone into panic mode with Parra I suspect close behind ...

Clubs like Manly thay can hope for a cheque from owners as usual (or new ownership possibilities) ... are actually in a better situation .... fun times when the leagues clubs cut off their bottomless pokie money ...

The news today is that it is the "rich" clubs that have had huge cash injections every year from the licensed leagues clubs that are folding quickest .... with the closure of all clubs ... the Panthers and Bulldogs have already gone into panic mode with Parra I suspect close behind ...

Clubs like Manly thay can hope for a cheque from owners as usual (or new ownership possibilities) ... are actually in a better situation .... fun times when the leagues clubs cut off their bottomless pokie money ...
Pokie cash is blood money so no tears if those benefiting from it suffer...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4