NRL . Com top 8 finals predictions and no one rates us

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All we need now is Gallen rating us as the worst Manly team ever, and we will be guaranteed to win the comp@:cool: All jokes aside I think we will surprise these so-called experts by making the eight. Go Manly.

They’re all pretty much the same for the top 6.
Every year there is a team that “over achieves” and others that disappoint.
Do the young Panthers back it up or dwell in their disappointment?
How do the Storm go post Cam?
Can Sam Walker lead the Chooks week in week out?

Teams from 6-12 are really only a win or three apart generally which could be a refs call either way.
Most teams are a major injury or two to a key player and their season could be on tilt.
Realistically see us somewhere 6-10.

Every year there are 16 teams that all think they can make the 8, 8 of those think they can make the top 4, 4 realistically think they can win it.
You’d think the winner will be one of the usual suspects.
The rest....

As long as the eels dont win it...i can hsndle anything other than us getting the spoon.
Wouldn't surpise me if the NRL script a season end with east vs west...a have the large supporter based reams hang around until the end....souths / eels ...throw in easts and the riff...a cpl of one city teams...sttorm and raiders....and the rest wont matter....

Its all about pressure.
Titans are under it
We are not
Hopefully we go good and have no injuries and get to the top eight
If we do not, hoping Des bloods a lot of new talent (and we do actually have some unproven talent in the lower grades).
Just make sure we avoid the spoon

Forgot to ask, is the three grades on match day that V'landys has rightfully called this year or next year.
Hopefully this year

The top 6 ( not necessarily in the exact order ) should be easy to pick , probably be the same for years to come.

The bottom two of the 8 are really just going to be there based on their injury toll ( or lack thereof ) and luck ( decisions going their way in games at crucial times ).

And the spoon is whomever tanks due to injury / no luck and other reasons.

The competition being even ( the great white hope of the salary cap era) is a distant memory.

I really don’t expect the top 6 to change for years , but the 7th /8th position will change constantly, although maybe a team from the top 6 even moving out of the 8 “ could “ happen.

Can't blame anyone for not picking us in Top 8 - I mean without a recognised hooker and uncertainy on Tom I cant either. A few injuries and we are seriously looking at bottom 4. While a trial only, being absolutely thrashed by the Tigpies is not comforting. A 12 to 14 point loss I could understand but we were one of the few teams pumped. Speed of the game again seemed to catch us out.

Perfect for Des since he enjoys flying under the radar.
Hello Sparty I hope you and your family are well feathered friend......

Some where under the radar
Des's Sea eagles fly
And since 2011 we have all been singing a lullaby

Wake us up Des !!!

@BOZO , as Ive stated, but no-one seems to soak in, is that in our last 10 games, we've won once. In that span, our against is only on average 2 simple points off being the record for leagues worst, EVER - only a 1999 Western Suburbs Magpies unit outdoing us.

How is this not highlighted, and Hasler held to account for this?

They’re all pretty much the same for the top 6.
Every year there is a team that “over achieves” and others that disappoint.
Do the young Panthers back it up or dwell in their disappointment?
How do the Storm go post Cam?
Can Sam Walker lead the Chooks week in week out?

Teams from 6-12 are really only a win or three apart generally which could be a refs call either way.
Most teams are a major injury or two to a key player and their season could be on tilt.
Realistically see us somewhere 6-10.

Every year there are 16 teams that all think they can make the 8, 8 of those think they can make the top 4, 4 realistically think they can win it.
You’d think the winner will be one of the usual suspects.
The rest....
Look I could well be proven well wrong here, but I’m not so sure the Storm will be the force of years gone by. Losing Smith is enormous for them. Think Brady leaving the Patriots - and look how that worked out for New England this year. There are s lot of similarities to Brady/Bellicheck and Scam/Bellamy. Bellamy has only ever won with Cam in his side (lost as nsw coach). Despite the other good players at Melb, Cam was the puppeteer and I think far more influential than the coach. There is no bigger pressure on a coach this year to prove a point than Bellamy. Grant is going to be a great player, but he ain’t there yet. Time will tell, but I have a feeling they will slide right down the table this year, possibly may miss the 8 if injuries catch up with them.

It's great to believe in the team and hope we can turn things around, but there's very little evidence to suggest that we will. Our superstar fullback is injured - again. We still don't have a recognised hooker. Our depth is relatively poor. The draw isn't favourable. And last year we were absolutely ****house. As Ryan points out, almost historically ****house. So it's no surprise that people don't expect us to make the eight. But none of it will matter if we start winning games of footy.

@BOZO , as Ive stated, but no-one seems to soak in, is that in our last 10 games, we've won once. In that span, our against is only on average 2 simple points off being the record for leagues worst, EVER - only a 1999 Western Suburbs Magpies unit outdoing us.

How is this not highlighted, and Hasler held to account for this?
For those that have any sense of pride for our Legendary club those facts stated by you are are a big disappointment and a gross injustice to the proud History of our club

I like Des, He has been one of our most resilient and Inspirational players and has been a great coach Inspiring us to winning grand finals

But the fact is one cannot rest on their laurels and remain great

What make Great coaches stand above all others is that they do not just make the finals . They make grand finals their own .

Des has not won a Grand final since 2011. Tjhat is a long long time a go
That is Yesterdays Hero Ranking

Our Legendary Clubs proud history was built on high expectations and high standards and we have not seen any of that for a while

I dont want to hear of any useless excuses .
You do not need a spine or character to make excuses
Only the great ones that have the courage take full accountability rise above adversity and conquer

This is an example of a person with one leg but a person with a spine and character that has the courage to be accountable for his misfortunes and rises above all adversity and excuses to lead others with 2 legs

***The Moral of the story
Excuses do not breed Excellence only Excellent people do***
20080727-nyc-half-marathon-22-one-legged-runner-53-minutes-in.jpg

Last edited:
I remember seeing top-8 predications earlier in the year where Manly snuck into more punters 8 than were left out.

Who cares at the end of the day.

It's not even remotely unbiased - Soward listing the dragons where he...had his best years; Renouf listing Broncos where he...had his best (and only) years. Laughable. Next up will be Greg Florimo giving his top 8 - which includes North Sydney Bears.....

It's great to believe in the team and hope we can turn things around, but there's very little evidence to suggest that we will. Our superstar fullback is injured - again. We still don't have a recognised hooker. Our depth is relatively poor. The draw isn't favourable. And last year we were absolutely ****house. As Ryan points out, almost historically ****house. So it's no surprise that people don't expect us to make the eight. But none of it will matter if we start winning games of footy.
To be honest (and it was the same early last year) I don’t mind getting sone of the good teams early. Most Teams will be rusty and we are all in that boat so levels it up a bit. I’d also rather lose to teams who are going to be good early rather than drop games against lesser teams.

I remember seeing top-8 predications earlier in the year where Manly snuck into more punters 8 than were left out.

Who cares at the end of the day.

It's not even remotely unbiased - Soward listing the dragons where he...had his best years; Renouf listing Broncos where he...had his best (and only) years. Laughable. Next up will be Greg Florimo giving his top 8 - which includes North Sydney Bears.....
Who cares at the end of the day you say?

No one cares what others say . We only care how we play

And we have been playing sht

Who can remember our last win ?

We need to lift our game and live up to our Legendary clubs high standards

I see us having a better season than last year..
There's just too much improvement and luck needed to be a major force in 2021..

Toms hammys seem shot.. if he can't get thru 80% of the season we can't be there when it's all said and done..

Our centres need to step up massively from last year.. once Tom went down, our wingers and centres decided to close shop and never looked dangerous.. we need whoever plays those positions this year to actually step up and contribute. Score trys, stop trys.. not just wait for Tom to gift them trys..

Hooker will be roughly same as last year.. second rate players then, have second rate players now (or out of position players like cust..won't call him second rate just yet)

I'm excited the most about Schuster and Foran.. for mine it's an absolute no brainer that foz is 6 . On his day he absolutely dominates his opponents and we need that to give DCE a break.. kid had 5 defenders on him every 5th tackle last year and literally no one else was there to make plays .
Schuster needs to learn from him and DCE for a season or 2 ala Glenn Stewart under bk...

We should make the 8.. even with a few injuries we should make 8.. but for the team to be in contention for the gf I think a whole lot needs to to right and I can't see it happening ...

I see us having a better season than last year..
There's just too much improvement and luck needed to be a major force in 2021..

Toms hammys seem shot.. if he can't get thru 80% of the season we can't be there when it's all said and done..

Our centres need to step up massively from last year.. once Tom went down, our wingers and centres decided to close shop and never looked dangerous.. we need whoever plays those positions this year to actually step up and contribute. Score trys, stop trys.. not just wait for Tom to gift them trys..

Hooker will be roughly same as last year.. second rate players then, have second rate players now (or out of position players like cust..won't call him second rate just yet)

I'm excited the most about Schuster and Foran.. for mine it's an absolute no brainer that foz is 6 . On his day he absolutely dominates his opponents and we need that to give DCE a break.. kid had 5 defenders on him every 5th tackle last year and literally no one else was there to make plays .
Schuster needs to learn from him and DCE for a season or 2 ala Glenn Stewart under bk...

We should make the 8.. even with a few injuries we should make 8.. but for the team to be in contention for the gf I think a whole lot needs to to right and I can't see it happening ...
Schuster I am more excited for 2022, this year he will learn his trade of foran and will be a huge threat in 2022 for us.

I agree with your post though we have enough cattle to make the 8 but we have to be a lot better in games whem things go against us and not drop our heads.

Any where from 6th-12th place range is my prediction for us this year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4