NRL are committing suicide

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

winnyason

Bencher
He a farkhead, touch footy bull****. Changing rules with teams given no time to adjust.
Players sign up and know the ****ing risk, this is not squash.
If this is down to captain ugly melon Robinson take a reality check Cordner decided to run those stupid lines that mashed his brains and so do Jake friend. These players that ****ing decision

Kevinward777

First Grader
You can disagree as can I
Fact is they were lopsided teams this weekend....that is more the issue than head high tackles
Let's wait til next week before jumping off cliffs
You sound like Trent Robinson. He said the same thing - word for word.

Kevinward777

First Grader
100% - Very High - Very Late - Off
Did you see how many players were sent this weekend? Genius plan by the NRL - let's increase the probability of making an uneven competition even more uneven. I enjoyed two games this weekend - it would have been one of the Dogs weren't so entirely feckin useless. The Cowboys game had potential until Tedesco won the game by falling in a tackle. Boring as batsh1t.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Did you see how many players were sent this weekend? Genius plan by the NRL - let's increase the probability of making an uneven competition even more uneven. I enjoyed two games this weekend - it would have been one of the Dogs weren't so entirely useless.
I gotta stick with what I see K777 and your near my fave on this site
Really feel they could plan more blockbuster games this round and it's the real factor of making a better spectacle....you almost made me change my mind with the Trent Robinson reference as hate Roosters and he annoys the F**k outta me

KNUCKLES

Bencher
This new so called crack down is going to encourage more milking, already started
As soon as they feel a slap on the head players are rolling around grasping their heads while the team mates throw their arms uo
Won't be long before we start seeing soccer like dives.
Slowly becoming soccer. Players faking injuries. And red cards almost every game

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
The Titans game was a rort. The opposition penalties, no sin bins or send offs for the exact things the Titans did. Calling BS. Ruined the game and so close to a conflict of interest for the refs because of the one side-ness of the rulings. This can become VERY corrupt so easily. Not a good look. Other codes would be laughing their heads off.

cc eagle

Bencher
Hi Peter...

One swallow doesn't make a summer. Thanks for the comp last year but that doesn't leave you above criticism for some of the stupid things you've done, like destroy the contest and give a profession two days to completely eradicate what it has been doing for over 100 years.

** you **.
What a load of BS you speak, 100 years completely eradicated, surely you're joking, they got rid of throwing punches now head highs, most agree the send offs were warranted, some of the sin bins were iffy, but so are alot of other decisions it's called human error

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
I’ve been waiting years for the NRL to take head knocks seriously in terms of repercussions for the tackler. So while they have gone too far in the sense that some sin bins were a stretch, I must admit that I am pleased to see guys get marched for tackles that would have previously been on report.

grassy

Bencher
What an utter farce Magic Round has been.

The product we have now is ****; plain and simple.

No one wants to see such lopsided results. Every week teams are getting smacked by 30+ points and it's a stupid spectacle. Then to have players marched for 10 and/or sent off for accidental contact is plain stupid.

I am no dinosaur and I understand that we need the game cleaned up but the way they've gone about it is so dumb. **** back off to racing where you belong V'landys.
Yea the NRL has dug a hole for themselves here and the only solution is to let it take its course otherwise they will shame their face. Too late now they have to stick by it. They are eating the game from the inside out as they have been doing for the past 5 years at least.All in the name of making it flow better. Also refs and bunker combined make for a very political game. The refs have that much power now, they can march a side to the try line and end a game with one blow of the whistle. That’s all it takes in today’s game. Players don’t know weather they are coming or going. Players are also taking advantage of the head knocks by pointing it out to the ref before he even blows his whistle. The players are telling the ref to sin bin opposition. This whole game has become hypocritical.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This new so called crack down is going to encourage more milking, already started
As soon as they feel a slap on the head players are rolling around grasping their heads while the team mates throw their arms uo
Won't be long before we start seeing soccer like dives.
Clearys cat dive in the Fermor obstruction was a joke.
‘Then when Cleary is interviewed post game, he says they’ve gone too far.
The thing is now the NRL have set this precedence half way through the season, if they keep this crap up for the rest of the season, they’ll be fuuck all fans by seasons end.

If they are going to continue with this, then they need to work out EXACTLY what warrants a bining and be CONSISTENT. Accidental contact needs a penalty and on report... a 5 min sin bin at the most, 10 min does irreparable damage in a lot of games.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
They are 15 years too late with this crackdown

Look no further than 2007 GF and Crockers tackle on Brett Stewart.

You could go back to back to1988 when Lamb whacked Ellery Handley.
100% correct
Lamb took out Hanley and game was won at that point...not the 80th minute and no accountability to the player who took him out - let's reverse the situation and Hanley stays on and Lamb off - the other team wins

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Clearys cat dive in the Fermor obstruction was a joke.
‘Then when Cleary is interviewed post game, he says they’ve gone too far.
The thing is now the NRL have set this precedence half way through the season, if they keep this crap up for the rest of the season, they’ll be fuuck all fans by seasons end.
Agree on that and think they need a common sense approach on some of these obstruction calls, but taking a blokes head with first contact deserves punishment, unless those slipping blokes off balance 2foot off the ground- again common sense
Will go as far to say if ANY poster on this site had his team mate hit like that would want the culprits to cope the appropriate punishment

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If any positives come out of this knee-jerk crackdown one might be the return of the legs tackle. But the only way that would work is if the ref rewarded such scything tackles by allowing the tackler to get to his feet and return to the defensive line before the tackled player plays the ball.
I used to enjoy watching a low tackle (performed by such players as Allan Thompson, Ian Martin, Randall, Vautin, Beaver etc) as much as a clever run. It's been missing from the sport for the past 20 years, and I welcome its return.
100%. There has been zero incentive to tackle around the legs because the NRL decided to punish the tackler for not releasing within a nanosecond of completing the tackle so the tacklee can get to their feet and play the ball really quickly before the tackler can get to marker or before his team can get the defensive line set. Great way to reward a player for a safe, effective tackling technique isn't it ? Why would you bother

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Don't get me wrong, I don't like seeing players taken off with concussion but there needed to be a more systematic and sensible approach taken with it...not this black and white, two day old mandate to punish accidents to the point where teams are completely screwed without warning. It dictated results this weekend and that's not on.
Also the total brainwashing from the media. I watched Fox, nine, and even the wireless on 702. Everyone of them, at some point, trotted out, "this is what the clubs and officials were told would happen. The only commentator I heard really get the shiits and call it for what it was.....A bloody joke, was Braith Anasta. He’ll no doubt be commentating Bulldogs games for the rest of the year. Hearing Warren Smith, and Brandy trying to justify the extreme changes was sickening.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16