NRL are committing suicide

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
SMH...

Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans has questioned why the NRL make drastic changes to the game without consulting players, after a controversial Magic Round was dominated by a crackdown on foul play.

Cherry-Evans, who is the general president of the Rugby League Players Association, said players had been excluded from conversations before a series of key changes made by the NRL in the last few seasons, including the game’s latest welfare edict.

“It’s the ability of them being able to move so quickly on things, it’s left the players guessing,” he told the Herald.

“We are not looking to run the game. We are players. We know that. I know I’m just a player in the game but I am just hoping that, because we are such a big part of the product, maybe they want to hear about how we think the game can improve.”

Full story:

VLandys got installed to sell the TV rights to 9 and Fox cheaply, now they're trying to address falling grass roots participation not by investing in grass roots (they'd be better placed to do that had VLandys not been planted there to sell the game out) but with large flashy changes made with no consultation and hoping it sticks

Embarrassing way to run any business, AFL will eat NRL at this rate

I think the issue of head knocks needed to be addressed as there are way too many poor, lazy, fatigued tackling techniques on show and some deliberate acts made to look accidental or knowing the high probability the player will fall into the shoulder and just getting a warning at most.

Obviously it went too far but a crackdown is necessary i feel, you just don't want to take away the gladiatorial element of the game too much because guess what "they receive the most international hits promoting the game overseas on YouTube"

Just need to ease up a bit on how strict the interpretation is because combining this with all the other rule changes to speed up the game is making games boring to say the least.

We don't want to discourage the coming generations to play League in the future, do our best to make it as safe as possible but we also need a game that is tough and competitive in the present otherwise there wont be enough interest in the game to fund grass roots development.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16