NRL are committing suicide

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Long as Manly are hitting form I don't give a Rats.
The send off's I thought were ok ....high shots to the head including Pap for Storm stretched off in a brace.
When players lay down for the soccer penalty I give them 5m in the bin, but we want the tackles below the neck and maybe due to the high octane speed of today's game it's harder to execute, but if you don't- interchange or run the risk - simple

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I understand the sentiment. I even understand the motivation. Mum's are not going to let their boys play a game where the participants are knocked senseless. Even though mini and mod league are almost as safe as playing tennis.

But the way they've gone about it has been an epic fail.

If it's a bad one, all well and good. But most of the sin bins this weekend have been a joke. And it ruins the game. Affects the result in a lot of instances. A tackler goes in for a tackle and at the last millisecond, the target changes. I feel sorry for them. How are you supposed to adjust when you're already committed ?

They better do something because you can't have the game refereed like it was this weekend.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I can quickly sum up the game now
It's so fast...
Let's say the speed limit go's up from 60km to 120km overnight in your local neighbourhood...
10 times the accidents at faster speed = more send offs/ bins

Kevinward777

First Grader
Long as Manly are hitting form I don't give a Rats.
The send off's I thought were ok ....high shots to the head including Pap for Storm stretched off in a brace.
When players lay down for the soccer penalty I give them 5m in the bin, but we want the tackles below the neck and maybe due to the high octane speed of today's game it's harder to execute, but if you don't- interchange or run the risk - simple
Mate, I disagree completely. Take off the rose coloured glasses you're wearing after our 50-4 win. Something stinks when a man is forced to turn off the football twice on a Sunday afternoon - and passionate league fans watch a soccer game between Adelaide and Brisbane in the Oaks Hotel.

We should have smelt a rat when the NRL started forcing touch forty down our throats as HT entertainment. I'd take a game of A-grade every time over the sh1t I glimpsed today.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What an utter farce Magic Round has been.
The product we have now is ****; plain and simple.

No one wants to see such lopsided results. Every week teams are getting smacked by 30+ points and it's a stupid spectacle. Then to have players marched for 10 and/or sent off for accidental contact is plain stupid.

I am no dinosaur and I understand that we need the game cleaned up but the way they've gone about it is so dumb. **** back off to racing where you belong V'landys.
There doesn’t look to have been to much thought put into the decision with any contact to the head is ten in the bin.

Coaches could well tell players to duck or slide into tackles in coming games.

It will only be a matter of time when we get hurt in a game with players sent for accidental contact to the head.

The officials certainly owned magic round not the players.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Oh what short memories we have, if it wasn't for P V we wouldn't have had a comp last year
Hi Peter...

One swallow doesn't make a summer. Thanks for the comp last year but that doesn't leave you above criticism for some of the stupid things you've done, like destroy the contest and give a profession two days to completely eradicate what it has been doing for over 100 years.

Last edited:

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Don't get me wrong, I don't like seeing players taken off with concussion but there needed to be a more systematic and sensible approach taken with it...not this black and white, two day old mandate to punish accidents to the point where teams are completely screwed without warning. It dictated results this weekend and that's not on.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Don't get me wrong, I don't like seeing players taken off with concussion but there needed to be a more systematic and sensible approach taken with it...not this black and white, two day old mandate to punish accidents to the point where teams are completely screwed without warning. It dictated results this weekend and that's not on.
If they leave the rule in and stick to it who knows, it might even work. But does anyone think they will actually do that?

The Who

Journey Man
If any positives come out of this knee-jerk crackdown one might be the return of the legs tackle. But the only way that would work is if the ref rewarded such scything tackles by allowing the tackler to get to his feet and return to the defensive line before the tackled player plays the ball.
I used to enjoy watching a low tackle (performed by such players as Allan Thompson, Ian Martin, Randall, Vautin, Beaver etc) as much as a clever run. It's been missing from the sport for the past 20 years, and I welcome its return.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I bet there will be no back down - even in origin.

Give it two weeks and there will be no head contact in the game.

They stamped out shoulder charges, chicken wings, cannon balls other illegal tackles out of the game the same way. This is no different.

Manly led the way and proved to be one of the smartest teams. That's the way the game is from now on.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Agree, under the old rule the saints bloke still would have been sent off.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Mate, I disagree completely. Take off the rose coloured glasses you're wearing after our 50-4 win. Something stinks when a man is forced to turn off the football twice on a Sunday afternoon - and passionate league fans watch a soccer game between Adelaide and Brisbane in the Oaks Hotel.

We should have smelt a rat when the NRL started forcing touch forty down our throats as HT entertainment. I'd take a game of A-grade every time over the sh1t I glimpsed today.
You can disagree as can I
Fact is they were lopsided teams this weekend....that is more the issue than head high tackles
Let's wait til next week before jumping off cliffs

Kevinward777

First Grader
If any positives come out of this knee-jerk crackdown one might be the return of the legs tackle. But the only way that would work is if the ref rewarded such scything tackles by allowing the tackler to get to his feet and return to the defensive line before the tackled player plays the ball.
I used to enjoy watching a low tackle (performed by such players as Allan Thompson, Ian Martin, Randall, Vautin, Beaver etc) as much as a clever run. It's been missing from the sport for the past 20 years, and I welcome its return.
Great - another feckin rule change. How about we leave the game as is. If a player causes a HIA through foul play he goes to the bin or gets sent off, and the opposing team get to sub in a player. Have an extra two players - an 18th and 19th man - from the development squad, and get on with it.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16