NOW He's a SENSATION

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up signing somewhere for less than the 1/4 million per year that he knocked back at Manly. I hope so anyway @:D

Wasn't Trent supposed to have offered him $350k to go to the dogs?

Sounds like he must have watched his last few games at manly and decided to withdraw the offer

Albert is being badly advised by his management which is no surprise

Good luck to young Hoppa. I am happy with the direction taken in signing Saab and the up and coming player from the Roosters. These players in addition to Tevita Funa, Morgan Harper and young Burbo give us strike and depth we did not have last year.

The media have an obsession (or a problem) in general. Almost every player is described as a ‘star’ when in reality they are just players. Same way anyone appearing on a reality show or the likes automatically become ‘celebrities’ when In reality they are just plain old contestants. It’s just plain stupid or is it just this generation that crave fame and adoration
yes - everyone now is a great player - great post.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up signing somewhere for less than the 1/4 million per year that he knocked back at Manly. I hope so anyway @:D

100% SER8.

He should have twisted an ankle running to try and sign that contract. 250K is overs.

If he turns into the next big thing, then he can play hardball. But right now, he's done four fifths of f*** all. Take what you're given and be thankful.

Some of these kids are being very poorly advised.

Despite the fact @Eagle Eyed disagree’d with my piss take comment , the words “ axed “ ( incorrect ) and “ sensation “ ( also incorrect ) was dumb journalism.

But of course “ failed to accept a decent offer after being taken care of for two years “ and “ potential first grader “ don’t sell newspapers or create a click.

“ AXED MANLY SENSATION” , well yeah that’s a far better headline grabbing statement.

Some of these kids are being very poorly advised.
This.

They are too young to discern the right course of action in these matters. This decision has so much more to do with his father and manager than a desire to leave Manly and chase the bucks elsewhere. He would be doing what dad wants and what his manager says he should do.

I wouldn’t tarnish Albert’s character based on this. He is a kid under pressure. It was the same with Will. I wish him the best and hope he succeeds and soon develops the maturity to see things for what they are and make his own decisions in the future.

Good luck to Albert, it’s a shame things didn’t work out for him at Narrabeen.

Definitely a talent and hopefully he gets his game to where it was when he was playing SG Ball.

Moving down to Canberra could be good for him, won’t take him long to remember how good he had it at Manly, great weather, beaches and family close by.

Some of the things that people over look when the almighty dollar is put in ones head as being a priority when making life decisions.

This.

They are too young to discern the right course of action in these matters. This decision has so much more to do with his father and manager than a desire to leave Manly and chase the bucks elsewhere. He would be doing what dad wants and what his manager says he should do.

I wouldn’t tarnish Albert’s character based on this. He is a kid under pressure. It was the same with Will. I wish him the best and hope he succeeds and soon develops the maturity to see things for what they are and make his own decisions in the future.
Well put, the education put into the youth that dollars are going to make you is very unhealthy for their futures.

Understanding that their careers are short and they want want they can get as quick as they can, they are being a extremely poorly advised, Gould highlighted this on several occasions with player managers, the more the player earns the bigger the managers cut.

Too many years of having smoke blown up your bum has to eventually reach and degrade the brain ...

Take a development contract son, work your arse of ... and if you are as good as you think you are ... you will be upgraded before Buzz can say ... who's shout is it ..

Good luck to Albert, it’s a shame things didn’t work out for him at Narrabeen.

Definitely a talent and hopefully he gets his game to where it was when he was playing SG Ball.

Moving down to Canberra could be good for him, won’t take him long to remember how good he had it at Manly, great weather, beaches and family close by.

Some of the things that people over look when the almighty dollar is put in ones head as being a priority when making life decisions.
The only attraction about canberra is the skiing, and I don't think league players are allowed to ski because of the risk to their knees.

Has he said when he wants to go on the 2 year mission?

5 mins after signing a contract or in his 30's?

I thought initially the non signing by Manly may have something to do with they don't want to pay for him to be on his mission for 2 years (if that is how it works) but it seems there is more at play.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4