Now for the reality check!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Plenty of fanfare for Tedesco and Papenhuyzen the last few years but not sure I’d pick either over RTS,he’s such a brilliant professional player that has led that club so well.Rugby are getting a beauty
Rts is good and exactly as you describe him but he's not in the same league as those 2 plus turbo on his best day.. but i do rank him 4th on his best day. Guy holds the record for meters run in a game doesn't he? I think its over 340

Reality check...

In attack we are still terrible!
Our defence was alot better and we scrambled well.. both teams had players out so i think it was pretty even or an edge to them with Rts. We got some lucky tries and our halves didn't put anyone over again! Croker, it all starts with him he never runs and he barely takes steps forward getting momentum for the halves. Watching harry grant tonight he is so good he runs at the markers drawing them in then he passes or goes for a scoot himself. I was disappointed in both halves more dce he doesn't get repeat sets and for some reason has no bag of tricks ie cut out pass to the winger the show and go the small kick behind a rushing defence. Iv seen him kick countless times for wolfman or jamie lyon and it was a great tactic. He has nothing with his outside men but im sure turbo will change alot of that. Foran was better but not much he got some repeat sets but didn't impress with ball in hand.
Fact is the titans are on fire and will roll over us via fifita the animal. Supercoach captain next week thats for sure. Parker held his own against Murdoch masilla we could swap him over i think Harper would benefit from Foran's passing game. Though i can see a Parker concussion coming hahaha

Wish I had seen the original in real time. IMO, was a great post showing your passion for the team, Simmo66.

Keep it up, Simmo!

Disclaimer: I gave up drinking rum many years ago for those same reasons.
Yep I totally get it. I give it up all the time. (Temporarily)@:cool: Getting too old (soft) for the inevitable hangover the next morning. Back to reality today

Reality check...

Our defence was alot better and we scrambled well.. both teams had players out so i think it was pretty even or an edge to them with Rts. We got some lucky tries and our halves didn't put anyone over again! Croker, it all starts with him he never runs and he barely takes steps forward getting momentum for the halves. Watching harry grant tonight he is so good he runs at the markers drawing them in then he passes or goes for a scoot himself. I was disappointed in both halves more dce he doesn't get repeat sets and for some reason has no bag of tricks ie cut out pass to the winger the show and go the small kick behind a rushing defence. Iv seen him kick countless times for wolfman or jamie lyon and it was a great tactic. He has nothing with his outside men but im sure turbo will change alot of that. Foran was better but not much he got some repeat sets but didn't impress with ball in hand.
Fact is the titans are on fire and will roll over us via fifita the animal. Supercoach captain next week thats for sure. Parker held his own against Murdoch masilla we could swap him over i think Harper would benefit from Foran's passing game. Though i can see a Parker concussion coming hahaha
I am quietly confident that we will go close with the Titans. They played really well yesterday obviously. We had a real momentum shift on Friday night. It wasn't just about the win, which was far from perfect, it was about effort and determination. Next week will be about maintaining that momentum and self-belief. Des has been forced into changes via injuries. These changes and with players coming back, makes us look a more balanced team. We need to start well, compete for everything, defend our edges better and have a bit of luck. We won't get lapped by the Titans. You read it here first. Go Manly.

Des has been forced into changes via injuries. These changes and with players coming back, makes us look a more balanced team
Really? We still had Garrick on a wing, Walker at fullback, Parker at centre, Foz at 5/8 and Croker at hooker (and this time for 80 minutes).
I'm pretty sure these selections have been the chief complaints here over the last month!

Reality check...

Biff, please don’t put Croker in the same sentence as Grant. He’s not even a real 9. I’m really past all the Croker criticism, it’s really old now. We know how bad he is and it’s Des That keeps picking him. Guy at least makes tackles. I just hope Cust gets the nod next week.

My son had Fafita as his sc captain yesterday. You should have seen the ratbag jumping around the house like an energizer bunny. Haha

@Technical Coach and I got into a bit of unneeded argy bargy last night and whilst I’ll stand by what I said as to his statements straight after a win which I strongly thought should have been left to later in the week he did have some very valid points as to the performance.

He’s far better at the technical stuff than I ever could be , so yes despite the disagreement I still value his opinion ( although not always do I agree ).

To me it was a vast improvement and I think should do ( if nothing else ) our confidence wonders as we move through the season.

Nevertheless the fact we were so **** in the first month against 3 of the contenders does show that we are a long long way from being competitive week after week.

So everything that I’ve read in the last 6 months does still ring true , we still need a mild clean out AND I still don’t believe Des is the one to take us forward in this modern game.

This weeks game will be a reality check against a side that’s going quite well and have added some real firepower to their armoury , our performance in Mudgee will probably tell us a lot more of where we are now than last nights game.
Oh yes this will be a tough game and we could well be lapped. I just want to see another gritty tough hang in their effort with all our injuries. And yes there will be a clean out - no doubt. To me though this guy as I said is the ultimate deathrider. He and many others on here wont be happy until we are in total tatters just because they want to "validate" their own views and be able to say see.... I told you so! It is macabre but more to the point it is sad that "supporters" actually want us to fail. His immediate comment after the game on Friday night was simply disgusting and lacked any sensitivity for the tough times the team and us fans have been through. It was a very very gritty, tough albeit certainly far from perfect performance. He just simply was offering no positivity and just wanted to tear the team/club down. I am angry and disappointed about how we are going. But to me if you want to deathride - get off the Manly bus... we have enough people hating us from outside we don't need all you haters being on the inside. Just saying. Oh by the way I have him on ignore now that I have found that option and that option will be a great friend moving forward. Others might accept the negativity of some and their hope that we are a total basket case and excuse that as having a different point of view. You can have a different point of view without wanting the club to fail. Many on here will have me on ignore and that is totally cool but yes I will not accept certain things personally and the deathriders are one and they need to get off the Manly bus.

Last edited:
I am quietly confident that we will go close with the Titans. They played really well yesterday obviously. We had a real momentum shift on Friday night. It wasn't just about the win, which was far from perfect, it was about effort and determination. Next week will be about maintaining that momentum and self-belief. Des has been forced into changes via injuries. These changes and with players coming back, makes us look a more balanced team. We need to start well, compete for everything, defend our edges better and have a bit of luck. We won't get lapped by the Titans. You read it here first. Go Manly.
The Titans imo are actually becoming quite one dimensional in their attack. Which is set up to unleash Fafita. Tino now has become an offloading prop like Marty is/was. It’s a bloody good tactic but if we can get a good body on Fafita, we might nullify him a bit. Ash Taylor back in is a win for us too. I thought Boyd was a good 6 for them and compliments Fogarty better. Titans are however an improved side across the park and credit to Holbrook. Much better attitude.
I don’t see this game as a win but a chance to improve our attitude/focus across the park.
The win on Friday was great for obvious reasons, but what I was more impressed with was the teams attitude and commitment and how much the win meant to the group. Agree with Des presser, those wins are character building and will build a heap of confidence in the group.

Oh yes this will be a tough game and we could well be lapped. I just want to see another gritty tough hang in their effort with all our injuries. And yes there will be a clean oiut - no doubt. To me though this guy as I said is the ultimate deathrider. He and many others on here wont be happy until we are in total tatters just because they want to "validate" their own views and be able to say see.... I told you so! It is macabre but more to the point it is sad that "supporters" actually want us to fail. His immediate comment after the game on Friday night was simply disgusting and lacked any sensitivity for the tough times the team and us fans have been through. It was a very very gritty, tough albeit certainly far from perfect performance. He just simply was offering no positivity and just wanted to tear the team/club down. I am angry and disappointed about how we are going. But to me if you want to deathride - get off the Manly bus... we have enough people hating us from outside we don't need all you haters being on the inside. Just saying. Oh by the way I have him on ignore now that I have found that option and that option will be a great friend moving forward. Others might accept the negativity of some and their hope that we are a total basket case and excuse that as having a different point of view. You can have a different point of view without wanting the club to fail. Many on here will have me on ignore and that is totally cool but yes I will not accept certain things personally and the deathriders are one and they need to get off the Manly bus.
It was a time for celebration, even if only for a short moment.

That was the crux of my argument.

But the issues haven’t gone away ( sadly ).

We were missing more than them and also missing important players.
Consider this...
Turbo, Suli, Fainu, Lawton, Cust, Davey, Olakau-atu, Siro. Also lost Gosiewski and Walker mid game. It was a gutsy and inspiring win!
Even if we just replace Taufua, Croker and Gosiewski I think that is a decent clean out especially if Fainu is cleared and Turbo injury free.
Guys like Olakau-atu and Schuster will also get extended game time. I've been saying all along we aren't really that far off. You take 10 1st graders out of any team and they would struggle... especially the calibre of players we have on the sideline.
Take Teddy, Kerry and Manu out of Roosters.
Take Munster, cheese and Pap out of storm.
Take Wighton, Hodgson and Klokstad out of Raiders.
You get my drift, whilst we won't win the comp this year, things are definitely building nicely for next year and the near future. A bit of momentum and belief with some luck and we could all of a sudden be a top 4 side next year! Its that simple
Great post.... something the haters on here simply and conveniently forget or play down. The club and Des are not blameless but Des didn't tell Foz to carry that ball loosely or Harper to have poor hands twice or Sipley to not work from marker etc. The players must must execute far better and keep improving and working hard. Friday night was a small release valve but that is all it was.. a small release valve. Hopefully we get Haumole and Turbo back.... hopefully. Maybe this opens things up for Saddler as well.

It was a time for celebration, even if only for a short moment.

That was the crux of my argument.

But the issues haven’t gone away ( sadly ).
Agreed completely certainly don't disagree - he was straight on the deathride bus and that to me is just unacceptable - just my view. We still have problems and the blame lies in all corners but to me we need supporters rallying behind the club not hoping for failure.

Oh yes this will be a tough game and we could well be lapped. I just want to see another gritty tough hang in their effort with all our injuries. And yes there will be a clean oiut - no doubt. To me though this guy as I said is the ultimate deathrider. He and many others on here wont be happy until we are in total tatters just because they want to "validate" their own views and be able to say see.... I told you so! It is macabre but more to the point it is sad that "supporters" actually want us to fail. His immediate comment after the game on Friday night was simply disgusting and lacked any sensitivity for the tough times the team and us fans have been through. It was a very very gritty, tough albeit certainly far from perfect performance. He just simply was offering no positivity and just wanted to tear the team/club down. I am angry and disappointed about how we are going. But to me if you want to deathride - get off the Manly bus... we have enough people hating us from outside we don't need all you haters being on the inside. Just saying. Oh by the way I have him on ignore now that I have found that option and that option will be a great friend moving forward. Others might accept the negativity of some and their hope that we are a total basket case and excuse that as having a different point of view. You can have a different point of view without wanting the club to fail. Many on here will have me on ignore and that is totally cool but yes I will not accept certain things personally and the deathriders are one and they need to get off the Manly bus.
I didn’t read the post that started Marks response. When I saw the TC reference, I didn’t need to! You sone it up perfectly here mate. There are so many here I actually for the life of me can’t understand why they support the team. And when people question it Tge response is always I’ve supported the team since 1945 blah blah blah. Or they just go quiet after a win.

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but ffs if you can’t enjoy the wins in lean times then heck I feel sorry for em. I don’t always agree with Bozos views on the team and so on, but gee I love his positive attitude and outlook. If you can’t celebrate the good times then why even bother watching?

All of us here can see The flaws in this side, but for me as a supporter for this year they are my flaws and I’ll still bloody support those cat players when they run out. And when they win snd do well, I’ll celebrate for those players!

Agreed completely certainly don't disagree - he was straight on the deathride bus and that to me is just unacceptable - just my view. We still have problems and the blame lies in all corners but to me we need supporters rallying behind the club not hoping for failure.
All of us hope it’s a turnaround.

I think what it did do is show us that there’s the top 6 ( whom we won’t beat) , the middle 6 ( whom we could beat ) , and the bottom 4 ( whom we should beat).

I expect we’ll finish around the 12th-13th position.

Not good enough but not a disaster .

Really? We still had Garrick on a wing, Walker at fullback, Parker at centre, Foz at 5/8 and Croker at hooker (and this time for 80 minutes).
I'm pretty sure these selections have been the chief complaints here over the last month!
I agree mate. Croker, Garrick and Parker are not the players we want in those positions for the future. Right now Des is going to continue to pick them, regardless of how much noise we make, here on Silvertails. Walker is obviously being replaced by Turbor, and then Walker would have taken Parkers spot in turn. Crokers days are numbered, I think he loses that spot to Lawton (when fit). Garrick has improved but it won't be enough to keep him in the side next year. Not sure what we do with Fox, but yes Schuster needs to be five-eight. Small steps mate. Small steps.

Last edited:
All of us hope it’s a turnaround.

I think what it did do is show us that there’s the top 6 ( whom we won’t beat) , the middle 6 ( whom we could beat ) , and the bottom 4 ( whom we should beat).

I expect we’ll finish around the 12th-13th position.

Not good enough but not a disaster .
yes agreed not good enough because we are successful - we demand and maybe sadly expect success. I know I expect it. That is the Manly ethos and I expect at least semi finals every year. Anything less to me is simply unacceptable. But as I have tried to suggest - there are very very valid reasons that are not Des/Clubs fault for this ie contract expiry dates/game changed 2020/injuries. The blame though can be equally shared around but bad luck has also been a massive factor in our issues and most on here either don't realise that or conveniently choose to ignore those factors which Des/club has no control over.

I didn’t read the post that started Marks response. When I saw the TC reference, I didn’t need to! You sone it up perfectly here mate. There are so many here I actually for the life of me can’t understand why they support the team. And when people question it Tge response is always I’ve supported the team since 1945 blah blah blah. Or they just go quiet after a win.

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but ffs if you can’t enjoy the wins in lean times then heck I feel sorry for em. I don’t always agree with Bozos views on the team and so on, but gee I love his positive attitude and outlook. If you can’t celebrate the good times then why even bother watching?

All of us here can see The flaws in this side, but for me as a supporter for this year they are my flaws and I’ll still bloody support those cat players when they run out. And when they win snd do well, I’ll celebrate for those players!
So so agree - spot on. I don't agree with @BOZO all the time either but his positivity is fabulous. I am not quite as positive but I always believe in the glass half full and that funnily Des/club know better than me. But yes if you are hoping we lose or can't begrudgingly clap a bloody gritty effort yes move on and support someone else.

So so agree - spot on. I don't agree with @BOZO all the time either but his positivity is fabulous. I am not quite as positive but I always believe in the glass half full and that funnily Des/club know better than me. But yes if you are hoping we lose or can't begrudgingly clap a bloody gritty effort yes move on and support someone else.
But as you discover in life 1% of people are just sad sacks or angry ants.

I see it every day, most on the roads are good , 1% get their jolly’s from road rage, most on social media are good , 1% are complete arseholes. In big workplaces it’s the same , is just society I’m afraid.

Reality check = Fifita running at Chez all day

We saw what Kikau did to us down that edge... Whoever our right 2nd rower will be, Chez, and Harper will need to step the F up, or it could be a carve up

Reality check = Fifita running at Chez all day

We saw what Kikau did to us down that edge... Whoever our right 2nd rower will be, Chez, and Harper will need to step the F up, or it could be a carve up
Chez D was good on Friday. Reality is Fafita is a major weapon and we will need to line up a very good backrower on him. He can be nullified to sone degree tho. Knights were god awful yesterday. I think we will do better. Hopefully the Titans are off the boil a bit.

Fifita is not a very busy type, just can be highly explosive a few times per game, so maybe we need to spot him big time. Get any big or fast guys we have to go at him all game, tire him out a bit.
Or maybe we might need to move Parker and Jake over to our right edge! :eek:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8