Not Toovey's fault

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And he's trying to coach a team where he has no support from the owners, CEO or current board. He is doing a good job besides the pressure he is under. If Tooves go I think Manly owners will be very sorry and if I were them I'd run far away and hide under a rock!

He has to deal with massive injuries to key players. No coach could get any club out of this rut with 6 of your starting 13 out.
Agree with the injury toll situation, it is a huge blow no matter who the team is.
For me aggressive line speed in defence tells the story of whether a team is up for it or not. We just don't have it anymore.

Good job? We are 15th out of 16. The Sharks are below us but we have played one more than them.

I think his body language could have been read in two ways, either knows his time is up or (and this is what i believe) he knew he just has too many key players out and getting worked up over things you can't control is just not worth it. As mentioned 6 of 13 out and constantly ending a game down a player or two is never a good thing. Especially all the key players out the combinations were just not there and the defensive effort seemed very disjointed. If Toovs had his preferred starting 13 on the field and dished out performances like that then yes Tooves is at fault. But with half the team unavailable with a heap of injuries, blaming Tooves is just pedelling what the media want to sell papers. The guy had three very solid seasons prior to this and no one said boo then. All of a sudden a couple of losses undoes 3 seasons of good work? Especially with a club legend like Tooves? If players like Foz want him gone then who cares as he has already signed elsewhere and not part of our clubs future.

Totally agree.
I doubt Wayne Bennett and Dogsler can do better under the circumstances.
Loyalty is a two way street.
Toovey has always done his best for Manly. We have to repay him with our faith in him.
This situation is not his doing.
The worst thing we can do is be like a fickle fan.
We should let Toovey know we support him 100%.

Also viewing the game from such an exposed eyrie meant he couldn't blow his stack in front of the locals. Not a good look.

Hasler went though a rebuilding phase in between 2008 and 2011. The worst result manly finished was 8th in 2010. Toovey has had a few good years with a premiership winning team most of them are gone now/next year. If he is a good coach then lets see what he can do.

piss off.jpg

The players are either with him or not, the form suggests they are not. I feel for him hes been treated poorly but the group.

Good thread @Beaver boy
I've said this before but I'd like certain members of the current team to sit down and watch hours of Toovey highlights. Playing his guts out, bleeding for Manly week in, week out. Putting his body on the line against blokes twice his size. Never saying die. All for about 20% of the salary players earn today.
Some egos and attitudes need adjusting. Some are my favourite players too so it's really disappointing.
The team needs to be Manly.

Totally agree.
I doubt Wayne Bennett and Dogsler can do better under the circumstances.
Loyalty is a two way street.
Toovey has always done his best for Manly. We have to repay him with our faith in him.
This situation is not his doing.
The worst thing we can do is be like a fickle fan.
We should let Toovey know we support him 100%.
Amen! Too many are negitive at the moment. The proof is in the pudding with manly. We've been there and done that and we know how to win. We will get though this rut in no time.

The only thing I don't like about Toovey is that he is too conservative with his team selections and can be too loyal to out of form players, but most of what is happening at the moment isn't his fault and he doesn't deserve to be sacked. And the negativity on this forum is ridiculous, one would think the world had ended.

Hasler went though a rebuilding phase in between 2008 and 2011. The worst result manly finished was 8th in 2010. Toovey has had a few good years with a premiership winning team most of them are gone now/next year. If he is a good coach then lets see what he can do.

Sadly I fear that we won't get the chance to see what Tooves can do in rebuilding a team. The way things are he might not survive this week.

Tooves spilt blood for this club. He never once took a backward step and always led from the front and I for one do not want to see him get shafted. I too want to see what he can do what he can do. I just hope he gets the chance.

Mason says of 2V's coaching style... Run hard Hit hard.
Players response. Run a bit, try to tackle.

Injuries aside, I think the players in general are speaking volumes about 2V the coach.

And this is more than just the million dollar babies crying.

Are you sure you haven't taken that statement out of context...I remember Mason saying he liked what Tooves had said to him and maybe Toovey was just telling Mason (as coach) just what he expected. Doesn't mean that it's Toovey's only view on coaching.

It pains me to say this, and I 100% agree it is not Tooveys fault, but I think on this occasion the million dollar babies have won.
He has lost the team, and probably due to events last year involving players who think more highly of themselves over club and coach. It's a sad result of players being paid multiple times over what the coach is paid. The lack of authority influence can start there. Add to that players who have no soul and I'll name Cherry, Foran and B.Stewart among those that add to Watmough.
Unfortunately also is the fact we have to now bring an outsider in. I cover the great eras of Fulton, Toovey, Hasler as coaches - I don't want a mercenary but hey if he bonds the team who cares.
If they do this, it's time to give coaches of the Manly Sea Eagles more power and read the riot act to the players that is managements job to make assessments on the coach and club decisions, not the players unless they are exclusively asked. Anyone who disapproves can **** off.
Either way it has to happen fast before 2015 is laid to waste.
Bring the culture back.
NYEagle

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4