Northern beaches super stadium

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know it would never happen but if it did is there a space that could accommodate say a 35000 seat new build stadium with decent road links etc?

Having lived herein the UK for near on 20 years they early they do it is to relocate stadiums nearby the original site through rezoning commercial areas.

Arsenal for instance moved 800m to their new stadium which was on an industrial site.

Tottenham also have built a new stadium a stone's throw from white Hart lane.

Sure given its a different world in football 're funding I know it would be 99% impossible but what if?

Where would the best spot be?

Perhaps the old tips up along Forestway .... or piss off the rah rahs from Rat Park ....

Brookie is close to the cnr of Warringah rd and pittwater rd. Not a bad spot.

Possibly near the new northern beaches hospital would work. On the block east of it toward the parkway
Hotel.

Both Brookvale and rat park can accommodate that, rat park would allow a heap of car parking though.

Also I haven't been to our Narrabeen headquarters since I stopped athletics in mid 80's so can only remember the basics.
Is there enough space there for a full sized stadium and a mega bus stop without encroaching on existing amenities ?

Both Brookvale and rat park can accommodate that, rat park would allow a heap of car parking though.

Also I haven't been to our Narrabeen headquarters since I stopped athletics in mid 80's so can only remember the basics.
Is there enough space there for a full sized stadium and a mega bus stop without encroaching on existing amenities ?

Don't think the parkway would handle the traffic ...

Not really. The lake takes up a bit of space. Maybe drain the lake.

The roads around the area have been changing over the last 2 years to accomodate the new hospital at Frenchs Forest.
Brookvale is just down the hill so it should see better access once all works have been completed.
Brookvale is pretty central in terms of access from all parts of the north shore/northern beaches.
The problem is the ground itself and also parking. The transport though should be better nowadays.
If we start winning again, get some numbers though, then I’m sure the local gov would put more buses on.

Rat Park would have the space for such a stadium plus parking and its right on public transport (new B-Line bus stop/carpark right next to it). Its a good 20 min. drive to the Leagues Club but I figure if the Raiders can manage with their stadium being quite a distance from the Raiders Club in Canberra, then why couldn't we.

Narrabeen HQ at Academy of Sport is on the Parkway which floods/closes regularly and, as @Woodsie said, couldn't cope with the traffic. No public transport to there either.

St Ives Showground is a possibility but its quite a distance from the Northern Beaches, though closer to the North Shore (pickup membership) and would have the space.

Last edited:
Looking at the Narrabeen training ground and institute of sport area it looks pretty big. A sporting excellence hub which included a big stadium would be fantastic not just for us but the entire north shore.

Transportation is always an issue but it's not an overly built up area so I'm sure traffic could be controlled on approach and leaving.

Reactions: CJB
Sea Eagles > Northern Beaches Super Stadium........pretty cool name!! Has a nice ring to it!!!
Eels > Western Sydney Stadium
Roosters > Sydney Football Stadium
Panthers > Penrith Stadium
Sharks > Southern Cross Group Stadium
Cowboys > 1300 Smiles Stadium
Dragons > Jubilee Oval
Rabbitohs / Bulldogs > Stadium Australia
Titans > Robena Stadium
Storm AAMI Park
Broncos > Suncorp Stadium
Knights > Newcastle International Sports Center
Tigers > Campbelltown Stadium
Warriors > Mount Smart Stadium
Raiders > GIO Stadium

Rat Park would have the space for such a stadium plus parking and its right on public transport (new B-Line bus stop/carpark right next to it. Its a good 20 min. drive to the Leagues Club but I figure if the Raiders can manage with their stadium being quite a distance from the Raiders Club in Canberra, then why couldn't we.

Narrabeen HQ at Academy of Sport is on the Parkway which floods/closes regularly and, as @Woodsie said, couldn't cope with the traffic. No public transport to there either.

St Ives Showground is a possibility but its quite a distance from the Northern Beaches, though closer to the North Shore (pickup membership) and would have the space.
Rat Park is the only site that works. The aquatic centre area has been tagged for the redevelopment of the high school up there I thought.

St Ives would never work because Manly fans don’t travel.

Looking at the Narrabeen training ground and institute of sport area it looks pretty big. A sporting excellence hub which included a big stadium would be fantastic not just for us but the entire north shore.

Transportation is always an issue but it's not an overly built up area so I'm sure traffic could be controlled on approach and leaving.
You’d need to get out there and see it. Apart from the flooding mentioned, it has a one lane in/out road and isn’t as big an area as it looks because of a big rocky hill bordering it one side, the lagoon and a main road on the others.

You’d need to get out there and see it. Apart from the flooding mentioned, it has a one lane in/out road and isn’t as big an area as it looks because of a big rocky hill bordering it one side, the lagoon and a main road on the others.
Was back home in March and drove the road in question. I do see what your saying. Would need a lot of upgrading to 2 or 3 lanes minimum.
So could we share rat park with the rah rahs?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10