Non-Manly Games [Round 6, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
Easts and Melbourne are quite clearly the best two teams in the comp.
But I don't know why the NRL is borrowing the scripts from World Series Wrestling.
As soon as one team establishes a clear superiority over the other the script calls for a square up in order to create a thrilling finish.
The script worked perfectly for the Cronulla V 'Riff match and the Easts V Melbourne game.

But I don't know why the NRL is borrowing the scripts from World Series Wrestling.
As soon as one team establishes a clear superiority over the other the script calls for a square up in order to create a thrilling finish.
The script worked perfectly for the Cronulla V 'Riff match and the Easts V Melbourne game.

And almost for the Manly-Newcastle game last week.

I’m calling it now.

It’s absolute and total manipulation of the game through penalties to ensure a close finish , preferably Golden Point.

And lays fair and square at Greenslimes feet!

Superb performance from the canaries. Engineered the result with precise runs of bullsht penalties at just the right times. Congrats Turdy and the nrl. A well planned script to keep all the moron masses believing that it's a fair and level playing field.

And it’s also the ones they don’t give, especially in the last 5 mins.
How JWH didn’t get penalised for not getting off the tackled player right in front of his posts is ridiculous, if they were up by 10 it’s a penalty every time.

So Wayne has blown up about refs not policing the ruck and holding down. Just wait for the overreaction tomorrow all over us. We'll get murdered in penalties from this. Happens every time the favoured ones have a whinge

The words of Luke Phillips ring in my ears over this one.

He's often said that when he was a referee, not only would the NRL instruct the refs to change what they are policing from round to round, but quite often if there was something happen in the Thursday or Friday games that a coach or the media kicked up a fuss over, often what they were told to police was changed in the middle of a round which disadvantaged those playing on the actual weekend because what teams got away with previously would not be allowed in games later in the round.

I skipped through the storm v roosters game, I just can't stand the melb style of cheating play and sCam the referee.

Ironically one of the places I stopped the recording was hearing Cordner tell the ref the hand hit the ball and sCam stand there and loudly fake laugh in his face. The ref then warned about running in 'in the future' and Boyd correctly pointed out that the storm just did that! So... it's now illegal, once again, after the storm are allowed to get away.

Anyway the usual roller coaster of nausea ensues:
1 - happy storm lost
2 - sad it was to the roosters
3 - happy for my tipping comp (plus it was a bonus game)
4 - sad after checking to see I picked the storm (lol at me)

I skipped through the storm v roosters game, I just can't stand the melb style of cheating play and sCam the referee.

Ironically one of the places I stopped the recording was hearing Cordner tell the ref the hand hit the ball and sCam stand there and loudly fake laugh in his face. The ref then warned about running in 'in the future' and Boyd correctly pointed out that the storm just did that! So... it's now illegal, once again, after the storm are allowed to get away.

Anyway the usual roller coaster of nausea ensues:
1 - happy storm lost
2 - sad it was to the roosters
3 - happy for my tipping comp (plus it was a bonus game)
4 - sad after checking to see I picked the storm (lol at me)
IMG_20190420_053843.jpg

You and the Refs missed the GOAT punch Mitchell after Chambers ran 40 meters from the left side to start the melee after a JWH swinging arm :cool:

Both are send off/sin bin/MRC charged offences to Manly and other Teams :mad:

View attachment 11223

You and the Refs missed the GOAT punch Mitchell after Chambers ran 40 meters from the left side to start the melee after a JWH swinging arm :cool:

Both are send off/sin bin/MRC charged offences to Manly and other Teams :mad:

You're right, I've just watched it a dozen times on replay and can't see sCam throw anything at Mitchell.

Credit to the nrl, when they need to edit to hide stuff, they can do it quick smart. Almost like there's a standing order.

As I said before, it always seems like the storm get away with being instigators only to have refs go "oh if it happens again...."

NO wonder Cordner was pointing it out. How he didn't just say "well done referee smith" to sCam I'll never know.

Still didn't see sCam hit anyone. (not saying he didn't, just couldn't see it).

And it’s also the ones they don’t give, especially in the last 5 mins.
How JWH didn’t get penalised for not getting off the tackled player right in front of his posts is ridiculous, if they were up by 10 it’s a penalty every time.
And dont forget his standard high shot he does every game and nothing is said or done about it. Again,it depends on who you play for

Nah, they just copied Big Bash cricket. First one team has a bat, gets 14-0 or 20-0 lead, then referees throw all the ball in favour of the the other team, just to see if they can chase down the first team's score (innings). NRL is a farce. It isn't rugby league.

Just because the fulltime score ended up close doesn't mean the game was a great rugby league contest.

Last edited:
Wayne Bennett 100% correct when he said last night players are trying to milk the rules at every tackle and at the play the ball.

But then he completely ignores that the rubbish yesterday was just as much the result of Souths players like the Burgess bros doing all sorts of rubbish when they were tackled, including walking off the mark or trying to give the impression the Dogs were holding them down. The referees knew it as you could hear them calling out at the Burgess bros to get up and get on with it. The referees should have penalised Souths as much as the Dogs. Both were to blame.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bennett-blames-cunning-players-for-good-friday-fizzer-20190419-p51fp1.html

"If you talk about Lachlan Lewis and the Sam Burgess blow-up coming in at half-time, that was all to do with what happened with the play-the-ball area. What are you allowed to get away with? And Sam didn't want to tolerate that. That's what we'll see a lot more of.

"The solution is 'ref what's in front of you'. That's always been the solution.''

Bennett prefers rugby league like it was in 1997 under Super League. Super quick play the balls that mean one set gets 100m. All you have to do as the defence is keep running backwards and then just make sure to defend the last tackle bomb.

Last edited:
Conspiracy theory or not I’ll stand by my thoughts that the refs are manipulating games to create closer contests through penalties.

Penalty count last night 10-5, mostly given to the Storm in the second half to assist them in catching up.

You're right, I've just watched it a dozen times on replay and can't see sCam throw anything at Mitchell.

Credit to the nrl, when they need to edit to hide stuff, they can do it quick smart. Almost like there's a standing order.

As I said before, it always seems like the storm get away with being instigators only to have refs go "oh if it happens again...."

NO wonder Cordner was pointing it out. How he didn't just say "well done referee smith" to sCam I'll never know.

Still didn't see sCam hit anyone. (not saying he didn't, just couldn't see it).
SsCam's specialty is the elbow to the face of a player on the ground. Again let go on Radley (?) who stayed down drabbing his jaw but the Vidiot just ignored it :mad:

BTW can you or @Jethro open the GAME Thread please as it is a Manly WIN day :clap:

Conspiracy theory or not I’ll stand by my thoughts that the refs are manipulating games to create closer contests through penalties.

Penalty count last night 10-5, mostly given to the Storm in the second half to assist them in catching up.
Subconsciously or consciously Mark? I’d like to think the former because it’s definitely happening in most games. If it’s the latter we are in real strife

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10