Non-Manly Games [Round 5, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eels are easy beats if you play them tactically. They only function off of their few big forwards and strong winger Blake Fergo. Like Manly last season and a few ago (that period with Vave), if you constantly attack their middle they will start to collapse back into a spooner outfit. Mannah, Moeroa and Paulo are very, very vulnerable and having players like Tom Trbojevic pushing up the middle in support and Api/Fainu, sides like us who can tactically manipulate and tire the middle should absolutely butcher them.

The Dragons is a big game next week, though from what i’ve seen from the eels they shouldnt be a side to buy into any of the hype. For some stupid reason the media keep trying to feed off any Parramatta momentum and make them into a miraculous turn around story. Let them believe their hype, smart sides don’t need to

Eels are easy beats if you play them tactically. They only function off of their few big forwards and strong winger Blake Fergo. Like Manly last season and a few ago (that period with Vave), if you constantly attack their middle they will start to collapse back into a spooner outfit. Mannah, Moeroa and Paulo are very, very vulnerable and having players like Tom Trbojevic pushing up the middle in support and Api/Fainu, sides like us who can tactically manipulate and tire the middle should absolutely butcher them.

The Dragons is a big game next week, though from what i’ve seen from the eels they shouldnt be a side to buy into any of the hype. For some stupid reason the media keep trying to feed off any Parramatta momentum and make them into a miraculous turn around story. Let them believe their hype, smart sides don’t need to

One thing I know after watching footy for 40 years Harry is in the NRL is that no one is an easy beat.Look at tipping comps lol 5 percent off your game and you lose.Canterbury should have beaten Melbourne at home then get beaten by 40 next week. That’s the NRL.
Parra won’t win the comp but they have been just as impressive as us compared to both teams showings last year. They pushed the Roosters way harder than we did and looked good doing so.The new stadium will ensure they have bumper home crowds as well. I think both teams have surprised us all and may continue to do so with a bit of luck with injuries.

Last edited:
Seriously, why did that try need the video ref? His legs never even went close to the touchline and the blind wanker with the flag was only meters away with a clear view. I swear the officials are a bunch of scared nuffies these days. So unsure of themselves.

Been saying that one for years too. They are so $hit scared of being made to look incompetent that they send just about every try up to the bunker rather than backing their own judgement. Its why I actually did like referees like Bill Harrigan because from the time that Super League introduced the video ref in Australia in 1997, he still backed his own judgement, his own eyes most of the time rather than constantly sending it upstairs.

There have been too many times to count over the past 22 years where it was so clear cut that a try was scored it wasn't funny, yet time and time and time again we see them being sent to the bunker all because they are scared of getting it wrong.

Manly soar to 6th spot :clap:

Have Sea eagles wings , will fly up the ladder !!!

We finally got our wings back

72cafc13abea964e365b94eda8174d67.jpg

Been saying that one for years too. They are so $hit scared of being made to look incompetent that they send just about every try up to the bunker rather than backing their own judgement. Its why I actually did like referees like Bill Harrigan because from the time that Super League introduced the video ref in Australia in 1997, he still backed his own judgement, his own eyes most of the time rather than constantly sending it upstairs.

There have been too many times to count over the past 22 years where it was so clear cut that a try was scored it wasn't funny, yet time and time and time again we see them being sent to the bunker all because they are scared of getting it wrong.
I watched a few games from 2008 the other day. Holy crap what a completely different atmosphere refereeing wise compared to today. It wasn't just the fact that Tony Archer awarded nearly every try without going upstairs, (The majority of which were ones that they would have 100% referred to the video ref today.) He was in control, was confident in what he saw. So too were the linesman. It just felt like he was in control and and was the authority figure on the field.
Now they seem like a 17 year old pimple faced kid that has to go check with the boss in the backroom before they can make a decision.
And it's only getting worse.
The linesman today should be called into the boss's office tomorrow and asked why he couldn't make a live call on that try today. If he cant trust his own judgment on that one, he shouldn't have a job.

Kimmorley..." He's a big lad Zac Lomox Lomax, he could develop into a second rower when his size and development continue to stop"

Just on the Lomax try, they went to the video ref (as usual).

The VR said that Lomax was off side at the kick, then said he was outside the 10 metres when the ball came down so it is play on.

BUT: The lines on the field show the catcher and lomax both inside the same 'set of 10m' lines.

Question: Is the rule that the offside player must be 10 meters away from the kicker in any direction to then be ruled ok to play on?

err *asking for a friend*

Just on the Lomax try, they went to the video ref (as usual).

The VR said that Lomax was off side at the kick, then said he was outside the 10 metres when the ball came down so it is play on.

BUT: The lines on the field show the catcher and lomax both inside the same 'set of 10m' lines.

Question: Is the rule that the offside player must be 10 meters away from the kicker in any direction to then be ruled ok to play on?

err *asking for a friend*
He was offside for sure

Personally, I don't think it was that good from Canberra despite keeping the Worms scoreless. I mean, they should have won that game by 40+ at least. They bombed so many chances it wasn't funny.

He was offside for sure

Goodness! Well that was just so obvious, they should ...maybe not investigate, but surely someone should say "er.. both players are inside 2 lines marking 10 metres...why is this onside again?"

One thing I know after watching footy for 40 years Harry is in the NRL is that no one is an easy beat.Look at tipping comps lol 5 percent off your game and you lose.Canterbury should have beaten Melbourne at home then get beaten by 40 next week. That’s the NRL.
Parra won’t win the comp but they have been just as impressive as us compared to both teams showings last year.
You’re absolutely right regarding unpredictability although all I intended to say was that the Eels aren’t all that big an improvement if you target the middle and play a certain style against them (quick around ruck, grind-out style).

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8