Non-Manly Games [Round 4, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's like eating one too many Antipodean versions of a schnitzel*, or local chew and spew Chinese cuisine**, or drinking instant coffee - at some you scream "enough already!"

*As opposed to the real thing.
**See previous footnote.
I may be on of the few that know what an antipode is.

What's going on with the NRL app. Says the Tigers Storm scoreline is 22-2!!!

image.png

With random tryscorers and everything @:D oh how the NRL never cease to amaze me

parra v sharks

good news: Parra lost
bad news: I tipped parra
bad news: sharks won
good news: parra lost

I'm kinda 50/50 here!

I'm OK with the Sharks winning that one - a friend lost his dad last Sunday, the whole family are mad Cronulla fans. The three brothers went to the game last night so I was really hoping the Sharks would get up, a little bright spot in what's been a devastating week for them.

Question. Should the score be 14-4 at Leichhardt?

I ask because its always been my understanding that a try conversion must be taken from an imaginary line parallel to the touch line where the try was scored. The kicker is free to take the kick from anywhere on that line. Melbourne's try was under the posts, yet Smith took the kick from about 5 metres to the right of the posts, clearly not anywhere near the line where they scored.

Shouldn't that technically make the conversion null and void?

Question. Should the score be 14-4 at Leichhardt?

I ask because its always been my understanding that a try conversion must be taken from an imaginary line parallel to the touch line where the try was scored. The kicker is free to take the kick from anywhere on that line. Melbourne's try was under the posts, yet Smith took the kick from about 5 metres to the right of the posts, clearly not anywhere near the line where they scored.

Shouldn't that technically make the conversion null and void?
Just means the ref Cummins is incompetent

Go on, enlighten us then - what is this anty-poad of which you speak?!
It is the geometric term for a position on a sphere (Earth) diagonally opposite to a given position. Known as the antipodean.

Our British friends referred to Australia as the Antipodes due to the fact we were on the opposite side of the world. In fact the antipode of Sydney is a point deep in the Atlantic ocean about 500 miles off-shore and equidistant between Portugal and Morrocco.

Or it is a clothes label, I'm not sure.

Not sure why I'm so passionate about The Eels losing. Literally, I log onto nrl.com, just to see if they get whipped. Puts a real smile in my dial :)

Never thought I could dislike a team more than The Chooks. Parramatta are something else.

Gez this warriors side is worst in a long time. I mean bar rts, Luke, johnson, mannering, there complete ****.
The young ones coming through overhyped.

Hmmmm me thinks Addo-Carr should have had a try there. Yes he dropped it but it went straight onto his foot which is a kick, not a knock on.

And now Brooks scores. I know its Melbourne so lol, but they got a raw deal there.

I'm with you on that one.
Sure, he didn't even make an attempt to kick it but he did kick it before it hit the ground.
Would've been interesting if the same thing happened and it became a decision for the bunker.

In the first half of the storm game, I thought Smith and Cronk were trying to supplement their income from some 'sly responsible gambling' with all of the basic mistakes they were making.

I guess I'm wrong or they are now unhappy with their team mates for winning.

I'm with you on that one.
Sure, he didn't even make an attempt to kick it but he did kick it before it hit the ground.
Would've been interesting if the same thing happened and it became a decision for the bunker.

I am ok with that sort of ruling.

You could go back to Brooks running for the line early on, the ball was clearly stripped and then went backwards before being picked up by a tigers player but called a knock on

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4