Non-Manly Games [Round 4, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I get the rain the east coast has had, but that surface, which is touted by all and sundry as the best league surface in Australia, is a disgrace! For the money it's had thrown at it, to have players slipping like they're on an ice rink is unacceptable! If this was Brookie, there'd be howls to shut it down, despite the fact it receives one poofteenth of the funding Suncorp does.

Are they playing on the Suncorp $hithole?

Canberra have definitely been Kleined and Bunkered tonight. How that bomb was ruled off Rapana I'll never know. He didn't even touch it.

Canberra have definitely been Kleined and Bunkered tonight. How that bomb was ruled off Rapana I'll never know. He didn't even touch it.
And Whine Bennett's favourite sons are still struggling.

Fatty " One of the great games this season". You have lost it Fatty. Another Broncos Friday game another boring game with a team which will not make the eight.

Fatty is a long time Nein employee. He's just towing the company line.

You know, even though things are supposed to get better when the NRL takes back control of the draw next year.....I can see very little, if anything, really being changed.

When one of the topics this year is the the lack of enough turn around time for clubs, I don't understand why anyone in the media or other clubs in the past few years haven't complained about how the Broncos are given all these Thursdays or Friday games. This season for the 1st 12 weeks I think it's like that for them. They never get a 5 day turn around time like my team had(you know who I mean) this week and didn't allow for some injuries to heal. I don't get why it's not an issue with all the clubs. I also don't get why they get that. If Nine think they get ratings from it, well maybe in Brisbane but I'm sure not much in Sydney...Anywayyy, I hate the broncos but I hate souths more.

Nth Qld v titans

Last week I grumbled a bit how Ryan James put a shoulder charge on one of our players and nothing happened (probably still miffed Taupau got done for his 50/50 at best suspension.)

Last night against the untouchables, he got pinged for a shoulder charge. It was one and he'll be charged but it was like the footy universe taking the mickey outta me.

universe: Hey ge, remember when you got mad when James didn't even get penalised against Manly?....well now we're going to suspend him!

ge: f.u. universe. Go blow a quasar.

There was a small leg pull which got penalised which reminded me that last night the dogs turned one of our guys sideways pulling on his legs and nothing happened.

Ahhh, the subjectiveness of the refereeing elite. What could possibly go wrong?

Anyway, don't know if any of the non manly games were any good...as I usually skip forward through them until I see a try or something.

Can't believeMaloney hit a Parra player much worse than Marty in our game and he wasn't even penalised. We had a try taken off us

Last edited:
Can't Maloney hit a Parra player much worse than Marty in our gone and he wasn't even penalised. We had a try taken off us

Agreed!

Whilst I didn't think there was much in the Maloney tackle, usually the refs will hand out a penalty, but definitely if it was Marty (or choc in the past) it'd be penalty and on report for sure!!!!!

Did y'all hear during the titans v nq game, someone said a player is from Kempsey. Then Walters said "Kempsey, another queenslander....Kempsey is in Qld, you beauty!"

Voss told him that it wasn't funny.

Last edited:
Hmmmm me thinks Addo-Carr should have had a try there. Yes he dropped it but it went straight onto his foot which is a kick, not a knock on.

And now Brooks scores. I know its Melbourne so lol, but they got a raw deal there.

Why do I have to watch this useless fking team called the Broncos every week on nine? I can not watch it again.
It's like eating one too many Antipodean versions of a schnitzel*, or local chew and spew Chinese cuisine**, or drinking instant coffee - at some you scream "enough already!"

*As opposed to the real thing.
**See previous footnote.

Melbourne are playing like our 2016 U/20's. How often do you see Cronk make that sort of error that allowed Grant to tackle him?

The conspiracy theorist in me is thinking that the way the Tigpies are playing today....did they tank over the past 2 weeks in order to get Taylor sacked?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8