Non-Manly Games [Round 24, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great result for us tonight in the 2nd game. Even if we were to lose our next 2 games by close margins, Parra still won’t be able to jump us for 5th spot

Win tomorrow though and top 4 could nearly be guaranteed as the Rabbitohs have to play the Roosters in the final regular season round
Agree the stakes just got higher after tonight.
Going to be an awesome match
Game of the year i think.

First time I’ve listened to Ch 9 in ages - Third Man Sam makes Hodges sound almost intelligent. Fair dinkum!!

I hate to admit it, but Billy is pretty good imo.

Sad to admit but of the 3 retired Queenslander's that Nein brought in this year (Slater, Thurston and Thaiday).....Slater has definitely been the best of them, by a long way.

Looking like 1st final against Storm or Sharks. Prefer not to have Sharks in an elimination.

Yes it’s looking like an elimination final against the Sharks could be likely. Hopefully the Sharks win their next two games as I’d prefer to bring the Broncos to Sydney instead if we were to finish 5th

^ No one under 65 allowed! lol

*cough*

Boy, I thought it was tough trying to work out if I wanted Parra to win to keep the two-heads down the ladder, or the Broncs to win to help Manly out. Obviously I chose the Broncs because anything to help Manly;

BUT

Imagine how tough it would've have been at NRL HQ this week when deciding which team needed the leg up? Broncs - to have a Qld team in the finals or Parra as it helps those westies and makes it harder for Manly. Decisions, Decisions. You really have to look closly at the refs to see which way they eventually went.

Also:

Warriors coach Stephen Kearney has confirmed that veteran hooker Issac Luke isn't in his plans for 2020 and will need to find another club if he hopes to continue his 270-game career.

After 82 appearances for the Warriors across four seasons, the veteran hooker played his last game on home soil in Friday's 31-10 loss to the Rabbitohs.

Yes it’s looking like an elimination final against the Sharks could be likely. Hopefully the Sharks win their next two games as I’d prefer to bring the Broncos to Sydney instead if we were to finish 5th
Problem with this scenario is sharks need to win both games and we need to lose both. For Raiders game id have them at 50/50 and if they lose it will be a playoff with Tigpies the week after for 8th and i think tigpies get them.

I See us finishing most likely 4th and possibly 3rd if sharks can beat raiders and we win both. Wouldnt 3rd be a big FU to the NRL

Problem with this scenario is sharks need to win both games and we need to lose both. For Raiders game id have them at 50/50 and if they lose it will be a playoff with Tigpies the week after for 8th and i think tigpies get them.

I See us finishing most likely 4th and possibly 3rd if sharks can beat raiders and we win both. Wouldnt 3rd be a big FU to the NRL
What a pleasant change that we are trying to figure out exactly where we will finish within the top 8 (instead of whether we can avoid the spoon).

Great result for us tonight in the 2nd game. Even if we were to lose our next 2 games by close margins, Parra still won’t be able to jump us for 5th spot

A +55 points differential would normally be safe, but I'm not so sure it holds up when the two teams involved play each other.

Manly losing to Eels at a one sided Bankwest by 25 points would be enough wipe out 50 of the 55 points.

So even a 6 point loss tonight will still leave Manly vulnerable.

24-4 knights lead
Carve up against the titans
How the hell did we lose to them even the knights are thrashing them.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8