Non-Manly Games [Round 15, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
and every freaking tackle the third in drizzle player tries to bend the tackle player in half back toward the opponents tryline .... but they are so professional !!!!

The problem is us fans are watching a different game to those who are inside the NRL prism.

For the players, referees, administration and media, what Smith did was clever brilliant tactical exercising of the rules to his team's advantage. The rest us looking on are complaining that Smith manipulated the entire situation and outcome and that he should never have been rewarded for that with a penalty. Most of us would say Smith should have been penalised for at least walking off the mark.

None of this will change as those who control the game do not even conceive that what Smith did was remotely wrong. They get their jollies off on the play the ball and wrestle. They understand thats where games are won and lost. All the great passing and running plays come after you've gained momentum and penalties from the play the ball wrestle. The game is essentially all fake. Its easy to put on flash plays against a tired defence.

The rest of us are watching league for everything BUT the play the ball and the wrestle and momentum swings!

The Storm are just so freaking cynical and opportunistic in the way they play - and they've been consistently rewarded for every "innovation" they've introduced to the game. There really is a strong case to be mounted that Craig Bellamy, successful as he is and will continue to be, has ruined rugby league.

I'm not a fan of the new trend that manipulates the rule, 'stealing the ball one-on-one'. It's legitimate when there is only one in a tackle but now we are seeing multiple players in a tackle and one player attacking the ball and getting a firm grip, then telling the others to let go.
This was never the intent of the rule. It is unfairly exploiting the rule and should be looked at. A ball-carrier is at fault if he can't hold the ball against one tackler, but it is too difficult when they are being held up and wrestled by multiple tacklers.

I'm not a fan of the new trend that manipulates the rule, 'stealing the ball one-on-one'. It's legitimate when there is only one in a tackle but now we are seeing multiple players in a tackle and one player attacking the ball and getting a firm grip, then telling the others to let go.
This was never the intent of the rule. It is unfairly exploiting the rule and should be looked at. A ball-carrier is at fault if he can't hold the ball against one tackler, but it is too difficult when they are being held up and wrestled by multiple tacklers.

The stripping rule imo isn't the problem in the "being held up and wrestled by multiple tacklers". The problem is the referee not calling "HELD!" when its obvious the ball-carrier has stopped moving forward and cannot pass the ball. That's when the rules say the referee is to call Held. But in the NRL they wait until the third man comes in & they fall in a heap onto the ground. No wonder the Storm do what they do in wrestling moves.

The easiest way for the NRL to speed the game up is to tell their referees to:
1. Call HELD! when there is no more forward movement and they can't pass the ball. No more time wasting wrestling then.
2. Stop calling every dropped ball a knock on ffs. Everytime this happens there is a scrum and time wasted.

How did the Broncos get so very bad so very quickly. Flat footed and unorganised in attack and defence. If it weren’t for the hard work of the referees the game would be out of their reach already.

I’m not one for conspiracies and trust the two sin bins we have seen today are the result of a knee jerk reaction to some perceived need for a crackdown (on what, who knows). I thought Sirro’s was odd, but that Castle one just took the cake. I’m just flabbergasted at what exactly they are trying to correct with a ruling like that. Conspiracies aside, should we be surprised that the Donkeys yet again prosper from another controversial decision?!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8