NON-Manly games: [Round 12, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ash Taylor is gun shy. He just won't run the ball.
Anybody would be better then him. The Titans are just picking him because he is so expensive.

If you had to pick one (no choice), would you rather Taylor on his million dollar salary, or Ben Hunt?

I'd actually put my money on Parker. And yeah that was a pretty good effort from the Drongos red headed prop. He only got foiled by the jumper ripping, otherwise he had him.

A few years ago (2015 I believe) Jorge took an intercept in a game against Cronulla at Brookie. He took the ball only 5 out from our line. Sam Tagataese, a front rower, ran him down on the Sharks 20.

And Jorge is even slower in 2020.

2:03 into the video.....

Jorge has power, Garrick has speed. It's a rare beast who has both.
Jorge's work getting us out of our 20 is under estimated, rarely gets ragdolled and regularly finds his front and gets a quick ptb. Tommy is one of the fastest in the comp but often struggles to make good metres off our line unless he beats a defender with pace. Combine his power runs with his finishes and experienced decision making on when to risk it or play conservative, I believe he is a very valuable member of our team. Not full of highlight reel moments but does a lot of the thankless tasks.

Jorge has power, Garrick has speed. It's a rare beast who has both.
Jorge's work getting us out of our 20 is under estimated, rarely gets ragdolled and regularly finds his front and gets a quick ptb. Tommy is one of the fastest in the comp but often struggles to make good metres off our line unless he beats a defender with pace. Combine his power runs with his finishes and experienced decision making on when to risk it or play conservative, I believe he is a very valuable member of our team. Not full of highlight reel moments but does a lot of the thankless tasks.

Unfortunately those early tackle hit ups are the best thing Jorge brings to the side. Other than that he's slow, lazy in defence and is not an aerial threat.

If you want him to do hit ups, put him on the bench as an impact forward because as a winger he's lacking a lot these days.

If you had to pick one (no choice), would you rather Taylor on his million dollar salary, or Ben Hunt?
Definitely Ben Hunt. At least he has a go. I think Taylor has lost all confidence and is scared to run. He just catches and passes and posses no threat. The Titans halfback Foggarty, who looks like Taylor, is a good'un though. He challenges the line and is full of energy.
Had the Bunker not been a paid Easts official the Titans would have won that match.

Unfortunately those early tackle hit ups are the best thing Jorge brings to the side. Other than that he's slow, lazy in defence and is not an aerial threat.

If you want him to do hit ups, put him on the bench as an impact forward because as a winger he's lacking a lot these days.
You need at least 1 out of your back 3 who is capable of a good hitup when under pressure from defence. Jorge looks nonchalant at times but he is just saving energy for when it's required. You say lazy, I say selective.

You need at least 1 out of your back 3 who is capable of a good hitup when under pressure from defence. Jorge looks nonchalant at times but he is just saving energy for when it's required. You say lazy, I say selective.

I'd rather someone putting in the whole game rather than just saving their energy for early tackle hit ups.

I'd rather someone putting in the whole game rather than just saving their energy for early tackle hit ups.
Like it or not wingers cannot be involved all the time. They are only called on to do their job when the opportunity arises. Jorge gets found out now and then but so do all wingers.

You are unfairly tough on Horhay buddy, he scores tries that almost no other winger does...and our top tryscorer who gets hardly any ball except hitting it back up after kicks and he diffused 6 or 7 bombs last week.

I'd be more than happy for Jorge to play well and make me eat my words and I'll be the first to acknowledge it if he does. But as an NRL winger he doesn't bring a whole lot to the table these days.

I think Jorge does a pretty good job. A little shaky under the high ball but his carries are like gold. Coming out of our own end they are invaluable, especially compared to Elliot and Garrick who gets smashed.

Garrick is pretty fast, but is such a light weight he gets driven back and easily man handled and his running style offers no threat. He is quick, but doesn't swerve, step or break tackles. It's why he looks so bad at full back. Jorge kills him as a winger, and can get the ball down close to the side lines with 3 players on him.

I personally would love hoppa jr to take that position in 2021 and see walker back to centres or if not, the Bulldogs recruit challenge Parker. He looks fast and a genuine attacking centre

Imagine having Magic Round on that cow paddock at Townsville? There must’ve been bugger all left in the budget for the state of the art stadiums turf, that the best they could do was some garbage couch from Bunnings .

Just on last night's Sharks game. How good were the Sharks getting those repeat sets. 5 line drop outs. Seemed like they nailed every attempt perfectly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4