NON-Manly games: [Round 12, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Our sport is far too painful to watch with the refereeing. It can’t be a coincidence that it is always the same teams that benefit. No wonder viewership is down, everyone turns it off 20 minutes in when they see it’s another sham
It got that bad after 25 minutes, I went and struck up a conversation with next doors dog, and he talked me into giving him a 20 minute walk. At least the BP has dropped. If it continues in the second half, the dog might get his second stress relieving walk.

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Penalty try and 8 point try are 2 different things. You are correct that if they didn't ground the ball it may well have been a penalty try but 8 point try is for foul play (high shot, knees in the back or alike).
I wasn’t calling for an 8 point try. More that the titans were disadvantaged by actually scoring the try as their shot at goal wasn’t from in front as it would have been if they didn’t score the try anyway. Confusingly worded I know, but clear as day in my mind!

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
If I was the titans, I would have preferred a penalty try instead of the bin. The bunker got that right, for once.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Uncle Nick has had Analsley on the phone at h/t. Too close for comfort so let's bring it home for the rorters Perenatal and the blundker.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
I wasn’t calling for an 8 point try. More that the titans were disadvantaged by actually scoring the try as their shot at goal wasn’t from in front as it would have been if they didn’t score the try anyway. Confusingly worded I know, but clear as day in my mind!
My bad, forgot penalty tries are awarded under the sticks.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So Ashley Taylor is a 1.2 million a year player ..........and who signed that contract back in the day ??

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Fuk I hate listening to these bullshting commentators. Rorters find a way to win. The only thing they found was the constant set restarts leg ups, bullsht set restart decisions, rubbish penalty goals and bunker blunders. Another example of the cheating haves getting special brown paper bag treatment.

ricardo

Bencher
Fuk I hate listening to these bullshting commentators. Rorters find a way to win. The only thing they found was the constant set restarts leg ups, bullsht set restart decisions, rubbish penalty goals and bunker blunders. Another example of the cheating haves getting special brown paper bag treatment.
Sickening

HoldenV8

Journey Man
He is a gun. Parker just doesn't excite you. Just an avg player, good defence but not very threatening with the ball.

Hence why some of us think that we'd be better off dropping Jorge and moving Garrick to the left outside Parker. Right now Brad has the slowest winger in the NRL on his outside. He's capable of putting a winger into space, but right now what's the point when the winger is run down 5-10 metres later?

IMO Garrick on the left with Parker, Suli at right wing outside Walks and Cust at 5/8 is probably our best option which could be even more lethal when Turbo returns. Tom loves his passes to the left and Garrick with his pace would be the perfect foil.

Sorry to say but Jorge would be flat out trying to stay with a grandpa on a Segway.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Hence why some of us think that we'd be better off dropping Jorge and moving Garrick to the left outside Parker. Right now Brad has the slowest winger in the NRL on his outside. He's capable of putting a winger into space, but right now what's the point when the winger is run down 5-10 metres later?

IMO Garrick on the left with Parker, Suli at right wing outside Walks and Cust at 5/8 is probably our best option which could be even more lethal when Turbo returns.

Sorry to say but Jorge would be flat out trying to stay with a grandpa on a Segway.
I dont think Jorge is that slow . He goes ok in 2nd gear :)

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Surely the Gummies winger who got easily run down by a prop yesterday is slower than Horge.

On a side note...would you put money on Parker being faster than Horhay?
@40 years an eagle . You have been following our Eagles and seen more games than most of us
Have you seen a slower centre/ wing combination than our current line up ?

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Surely the Gummies winger who got easily run down by a prop yesterday is slower than Horge.

On a side note...would you put money on Parker being faster than Horhay?

I'd actually put my money on Parker. And yeah that was a pretty good effort from the Drongos red headed prop. He only got foiled by the jumper ripping, otherwise he had him.

A few years ago (2015 I believe) Jorge took an intercept in a game against Cronulla at Brookie. He took the ball only 5 out from our line. Sam Tagataese, a front rower, ran him down on the Sharks 20.

And Jorge is even slower in 2020.

2:03 into the video.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18