Non Active Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok I get that not everyone wants to participate full on ( like a few of us do) but I really don’t get joining up here and never saying a word !!

When I come on here I often scroll down to see “ members currently online” , often those numbers are in the many hundreds ( not as many now of course ) but a quick scan tells me only a small percentage actually say anything.

Quoting the once famous Prof Julius Sumner Miller “ why is it so??”.

Whilst it can get a bit “ testy” on here at times that’s often only between 2 or 3 regulars so as long as you avoid that crap you are pretty safe on here so yes I’m wondering why people bother to sign up , register , log on and then just sit on the sidelines!!

SO, if you are a sideliner now’s your chance to participate and maybe tell us why you are indeed one of those.
Bazeagle here, former prolific poster. I simply got sick of the petty arguments and instant passive aggressive responses. So I quit posting. Life is way too short to waste it arguing with dickheads and they know who they are as well. I have been back here over the last few weeks and a few are still here, sadly, banging on.

I follow posters like snake, smokin joe, and the better robbo for their insight.

I don’t really want to discuss my opinions on most topics raised and am happy to see what others think.

I started coming here for footy facts (about Manly) but enjoy the posts of many others especially G.E.

I’ve been a supporter for 50 years. My wife and I have reserved seats for the 10 games at Brookie each year and travel from Raymond Terrace (previously Lithgow).

I love Manly and spend a lot of time reading this site but posting isn’t really my thing. I will try and make more of an effort but It often seems that someone else has expressed my opinion for me (in their own post) so I don’t have the urge to add it again.

Bazeagle here, former prolific poster. I simply got sick of the petty arguments and instant passive aggressive responses. So I quit posting. Life is way too short to waste it arguing with dickheads and they know who they are as well. I have been back here over the last few weeks and a few are still here, sadly, banging on.
Wish you’d come back mate , just put them
on ignore and then you only have to suffer my dribble instead !!

I follow posters like snake, smokin joe, and the better robbo for their insight.

I don’t really want to discuss my opinions on most topics raised and am happy to see what others think.

I started coming here for footy facts (about Manly) but enjoy the posts of many others especially G.E.

I’ve been a supporter for 50 years. My wife and I have reserved seats for the 10 games at Brookie each year and travel from Raymond Terrace (previously Lithgow).

I love Manly and spend a lot of time reading this site but posting isn’t really my thing. I will try and make more of an effort but It often seems that someone else has expressed my opinion for me (in their own post) so I don’t have the urge to add it again.
Every thought matters mate , and everyone has slightly different ones !!

Maybe it is the case for a lot of people who were or are just content to casually or regularly browse through the site here to eventually get to the stage where there is more of a sense of familiarity and connection to get to the stage of actually posting . Think in my case it was about 18 months of just being a regular browser before i got to the stage and interest level to want to contribute in a more engagement and expression sense . One thing that has always seemed very clear despite all of the different types of personalities and forms of engagement and even different frequency of posting levels here is the definite passion and unwavering support for the Manly Sea Eagles . And that can only be a good thing for the club 's best interests , short term and long term .

Maybe it is the case for a lot of people who were or are just content to casually or regularly browse through the site here to eventually get to the stage where there is more of a sense of familiarity and connection to get to the stage of actually posting . Think in my case it was about 18 months of just being a regular browser before i got to the stage and interest level to want to contribute in a more engagement and expression sense . One thing that has always seemed very clear despite all of the different types of personalities and forms of engagement and even different frequency of posting levels here is the definite passion and unwavering support for the Manly Sea Eagles . And that can only be a good thing for the club 's best interests , short term and long term .
Good point that.

I do think we should all do our bit to make newbies feel welcome , often their first post is a leap of faith and if it gets ignored ( or worse criticised ) then they possibly don’t come back!!

Good point that.

I do think we should all do our bit to make newbies feel welcome , often their first post is a leap of faith and if it gets ignored ( or worse criticised ) then they possibly don’t come back!!

A perfect example of this is the recent thread "Saab" .. started by a new member with his first post .... check it out .... and all the replies ...

There is a certain irony to this post.

Ok I get that not everyone wants to participate full on ( like a few of us do) but I really don’t get joining up here and never saying a word !!

When I come on here I often scroll down to see “ members currently online” , often those numbers are in the many hundreds ( not as many now of course ) but a quick scan tells me only a small percentage actually say anything.

Quoting the once famous Prof Julius Sumner Miller “ why is it so??”.

Whilst it can get a bit “ testy” on here at times that’s often only between 2 or 3 regulars so as long as you avoid that crap you are pretty safe on here so yes I’m wondering why people bother to sign up , register , log on and then just sit on the sidelines!!

SO, if you are a sideliner now’s your chance to participate and maybe tell us why you are indeed one of those.
I met the great Prof. J S Miller when he was working at Sydney Uni, the cafeteria at Grace Bros Broadway was excellent and he ate lunch there . I got a job at GBs in the Xmas holidays 1968 and introduced myself to him one lunch, he invited me to join him and we had some great conversations over a few weeks, ... needless to say I was in awe and just wanted to listen to him, but he wouldn’t have it, and he asked me many questions about how it was growing up in Sydney etc .... I loved the man, truly a great teacher and human.

Last edited:
100% why I don’t bother any more. Life is too short to be bothered with the petty childish carry on that continues to this day. I glance over periodically to see if anything has changed & sadly the usual suspects continue with their superiority complex.

I feel sorry for Dan, it’s those posters who are slowly surely destroying this forum & the dwindling numbers are testimony to that.

I am not a big poster but from my perspective it is not related to any of the personalities on the site. Sure there are some prickly types but nothing any different to what you find in other aspects of life. In saying this, people retreat to the internet to find their own kind! ( a supporters forum LOL) and kind of expect people because of obvious like interests to agree with them and kind of be supportive of them regardless. I can fully understand this.

I joined almost 12 years ago as soon as I discovered the site. Came out all guns blazing. Quite a bit naughty at times. Shot down by many but am still here 12 years later. If joining a new forum today I'm sure I'd enter a bit more gently......maybe.@:D
Anyway what's great about this site is the amount of women posting. I hope I'm speaking for all us about feeling valued and welcome. Dan, mods and Silvertails in general are very inclusive to all posters.

I joined almost 12 years ago as soon as I discovered the site. Came out all guns blazing. Quite a bit naughty at times. Shot down by many but am still here 12 years later. If joining a new forum today I'm sure I'd enter a bit more gently......maybe.@:D
Anyway what's great about this site is the amount of women posting. I hope I'm speaking for all us about feeling valued and welcome. Dan, mods and Silvertails in general are very inclusive to all posters.

I think its great that women post on here ans i for one who have slightly colourful language appreciate thete tolerance inpursuit of all things manly , but i think we should also honour the girly arm posters who identify as dudes.
The crocodile tears bring me back , just as an observer, but im a big fan of those types

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4